Straight Talk phones/apps where hotspot software works

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
So, being that most hotspot software doesn't work on Straight Talk phones due to their service restrictions, I thought that I would share my recent experience. My wife uses the Huawei Sensa LTE. It has a wifi hotspot provided within the phone already and so far has worked flawlessly with both of my kids tablets and a couple wifi only phones I had set aside for them. Knowing that there isn't a huge selection of options out there, has anyone else found phones that have working hotspots pre-loaded or software that actually works with Straight Talk and not be rooted?

Does it have to be a Straight Talk branded phone? I have been on ST for years, and I just use ATT phones or unlocked phones with my ST sim. For most phones on Nougat or Oreo you don't need root to enable tethering.

Well, I have no idea if non Straight Talk phones do it on their service as I've never done the BYOD.

I've also noticed that out of the 6 Sensa phones that I have purchased, only 2 actually have the hotspot app. The other 4 have no signs of it. I have checked software versions and settings. They all match. They must have pulled it from certain phones at some point....

Back