story driven co-op fps

NeghVar

2[H]4U
What are some fps games with co-op. I prefer ones that have a good story vs Doom or Serious Sam series.

Half-Life Decay is cool if you can get it for PS2 or get the mod to work on PC. I enjoyed it with a friend back in the day on PS2, which it supported KB&M controls as well.

Though not first-person, the Gears of War games play like a FPS really and have fun co-op modes and campaigns.

The OP mentioned "story driven." Most of these recommendations don't qualify for that. Any of the Halo games, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Breakpoint. While the latter two aren't exclusively first person, the shooting is by default. Destiny 2 has a story, but I wouldn't call the games story driven in the strictest sense. It presents the in game lore and story very badly.

I know story-driven or campaigns are usually single player, but ideally (probably does not exist though) would something like the Bioshocks, Half-Lifes, and Fallouts. I'll check out Portal 2. Borderlands 2 I played a long time ago so I do not recall it. Doesn't Fallout 76 have a monthly subscription cost?
Did some more reading. Turns out Far Cry 5 has a full campaign co-op mode. Initially thought that will do no good since my daughter's system will have an Intel Iris Xe. Not an Iris Xe Max. But then found this
First Tests: Intel Iris Xe Max Is No Gaming Powerhouse (the paragraph titled "Intel Iris Xe Max Gaming Performance"
I am not looking to get excellent graphics quality, but satisfactory visual playability.

Last edited:
Halo: Combat Evolved (aka Halo 1) is really good and it should run on pretty much any PC. IMO the other Halos aren't as good, but they're still a better coop "story driven" experience than most of the other stuff people suggested.
The Master Chief Collection has most of the Halo games that have been ported to PC.

If you do get the whole master chief collection I suggest you play them in the order of Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3.
Do not start with Halo Reach like they suggest. It's a prequal and not nearly as good as 1-3. if you crave more after finishing 1-3 play the other ones.

Black Ops III had a co-op capable campaign.

Story driven co-op FPS is quite niche.

Halo: Combat Evolved (aka Halo 1) is really good and it should run on pretty much any PC. IMO the other Halos aren't as good, but they're still a better coop "story driven" experience than most of the other stuff people suggested.
The Master Chief Collection has most of the Halo games that have been ported to PC.

If you do get the whole master chief collection I suggest you play them in the order of Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3.
Do not start with Halo Reach like they suggest. It's a prequal and not nearly as good as 1-3. if you crave more after finishing 1-3 play the other ones.

Halo is a trilogy, dont even install anything other than 1-3.......

I second Dead Island Riptide, its much better than the original (more guns). Brink is super fun as long as youre more interested in shooting than the story.

Back