stock idle and full load speeds

QuadDragon

Limp Gawd
I just build my massive system, im working on getting a camera to take some pics.
Its truely sweet

I have a 6850 with an Ultra 120 Extreme on it.

My idel temps are at 10 to 11 degrees idle
and full load with prime 95 ----- 26 to 28 degrees

This is at the stock 3ghz

Are these temps normal?

10c = 50f so unless you live in a really cold home that's a tad off. On water or Air you can't cool your CPU below the ambient temp of the room.;)

The 6850 is a G0 Stepping, and my guess is you are using SpeedFan. That means add another 15C onto the temps, and then it will sound right.

The AC stays on in my house
I live in Tennessee and have a pretty decent AC. But I think the reason for the low idle temps must be speedstep lowering the cpu to 2ghz.

It still shouldn't be lower than ambient temps and I couldn't imagine the electric bill if you kept your house at 50F. O_O

There is a New Beta out for CoreTemp. Make sure you are using the latest version, others are reporting low temps with the version you said as well.

I think its best for my case just to assume the worst case senerio and add 15 to my idle temps that way I know what my overclock temp will be.

Try using everest ultimate.Its what I use with my qx6700 and I get a cpu temp of 38-40 degrees Idle and 60 degrees full load om prime 95.

Back