Stock H100 TIM or Noctua NT-H1?

SaViOr-

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

Doing some upgrades to my rig later this week, one of which is the Corsair H100 to replace my Noctua NH-D14. Is the TIM that comes on the H100 from the factory any good or should I remove it and put my NT-H1 TIM in its place?

Rest of the Upgrades:
Corsair 600T Special Edition White
2x XFX 6990s
Corsair AX1200 PSU
5x Silverstone FM121B Case Fans. 4x will be used on the mesh side panel as intake fans and 1x will replace the stock rear exhaust fan that comes on the 600T
1x 200mm Antec Big Boy to replace the stock front 200mm Intake Fan
NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan Controller

I have the Antec 920, which used the same factory TIM as the h50/70, it was excellent, the problem is that there is way to much of it on there, no idea if they toned it down when they switched OEM manufacturers for the H80/H100. Going from the factory TIM to the noctua dropped my cpu temps about 2 degrees.

I heard that Corsair TIM is from Shin-Etsu so it might perform as good as NT-H1.

But you can always choose the NT-H1 just for sure.

Well I figured if the stock stuff is good to just leave it instead of having to clean it all off, but I can't find any info on exactly which Shin-Etsu Paste they use so not sure how it compares to the NT-H1. I might just put the NT-H1 on there anyway because it has no cure time which means I get to experiment with my 2500K some more :D

A corsair rep said they stopped using Shin-Etsu paste and are using some kind of Dow Corning paste in the H80/H100. They said it performed better than shin etsu and has no cure time, which is why they switched.

A corsair rep said they stopped using Shin-Etsu paste and are using some kind of Dow Corning paste in the H80/H100. They said it performed better than shin etsu and has no cure time, which is why they switched.

Interesting. Guess I'll leave the stock stuff on there and do some testing. I can always switch it out if I'm not happy with the way its performing.

Is there any way to tell whether the paste on there is Shin-Etsu or the new Dow corning paste?

Back