Stock 2700X fails OCCT every time

BurntToast

2[H]4U
I have a stock 2700X that passes Prime95 with flying colors but it can't get past a couple minutes in OCCT because it looks like the temp spikes to crazy heights at times. Not sure if these spikes are accurate or not but I see the same peaks in core temp as well.

Are these spikes normal for this processor and is OCCT just something not to even bother with?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
It looks to me like occt just isn't reading your temps correctly. Have you verified them with another software?

Core temp shows things like 185c for the high sometimes but I think that is a false reading.

OCCT has other monitoring software under settings but whatever I select does not stick.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    64.8 KB · Views: 0
Core temp shows things like 185c for the high sometimes but I think that is a false reading.

OCCT has other monitoring software under settings but whatever I select does not stick.

Yeah, there's no way 185C is accurate at all lol. I've been reading that a lot of the x470 boards are reporting incorrect temps, so I'd assume that's likely the case.

They had reporting issued with X370 as well. I wouldn't worry about it honestly. If you're passing Prima95 with no problem, I'd just roll with it.

Back