Still trying to get a Wii?

Viper87227

Fully [H]
Sunday the 11th... all Targets should have them. It will be in the sale ad. No doubt, people will be camping... so get there early if you want a shot at one. I have no idea what sort of numbers to expect, but hopefully a good number has been stock piled.

damn.. it's so damn crazy that the wii is still soldout..

i went to target today.. i saw 4 PS3's and 0 wii's...

I've already got a Wii, but I may hit up Target on the 11th to get some extra controllers. Still only have the out-of-the-box one.

Target has been on the ball with Wii's man.
I got one from there a few weeks ago and there were just barley enough people lined up to sell them out (my local store had 56 in) by the time they opened that morning.

A few weeks ago, the Target local to me apparently had six left after the last person in line bought one.

Yea, it is surprising, I got tired of waiting and grabed one yesterday, but they are selling like crazy although the lines are getting considerably shorter at stores.

Edit: Opps, I meant last sunday.

Any word on stores getting them this sunday? (the 4th)

Probably not, and it will be very few if they do. Whenever Target puts a Wii in the ad, they will stockpile them to have a good supply (20-50 per store). If they got any this sunday, it probably woulnd't be more than 1 or 2 just to try and make it look like they are still coming in.

My Target got none today. I was there from 4am to about noon (now) and thats when they usually come via a seperate fedex truck. Don't count on any tomorrow

Good god, we're approaching the 3 MONTHS since launch line and people are *still* lining up for it? Can anyone remember this *ever* happening with a games console (outside of Japan) before?

Holy freaking crap.

Everyones sold out over here to lol. I thought everyone would have them by now but dam.

Good god, we're approaching the 3 MONTHS since launch line and people are *still* lining up for it? Can anyone remember this *ever* happening with a games console (outside of Japan) before?

Holy freaking crap.

To be fair I never saw a 360 on the shelves until about March of '06. Dunno if people were lining up for them, though.

To be fair I never saw a 360 on the shelves until about March of '06. Dunno if people were lining up for them, though.

No, people weren't lining up for them... or at least I never saw it.

Also, you have to figure that the 360 wasn't on shelves because they couldn't get a good enough supply out. Nintendo is kicking out consoles at an alarming rate, I bet at least 5:1 what MS was doing for the 360 at launch... and they are still flying off shelves.

Ya , this is crazy. I remember myself saying back in November 06 : " I have no doubts I'll be able to walk into any retail store and pick one up. "

Damn, I was wrong.

No, people weren't lining up for them... or at least I never saw it.

Also, you have to figure that the 360 wasn't on shelves because they couldn't get a good enough supply out. Nintendo is kicking out consoles at an alarming rate, I bet at least 5:1 what MS was doing for the 360 at launch... and they are still flying off shelves.

Exactly what I was going to reply, thanks for saving me the trouble :p

I admit, I expected Wii to be popular, but this whole "lineup at the crack of dawn 11+ weeks later" thing is just *bizarre*. I've gotten every system at launch since PS1 (and would have for SNES and Genesis if I'd had a nickel to my name, LOL) and never seen this kind of response. I'm likin' it, but it's still kinda trippy, heh.

Exactly what I was going to reply, thanks for saving me the trouble :p

I admit, I expected Wii to be popular, but this whole "lineup at the crack of dawn 11+ weeks later" thing is just *bizarre*. I've gotten every system at launch since PS1 (and would have for SNES and Genesis if I'd had a nickel to my name, LOL) and never seen this kind of response. I'm likin' it, but it's still kinda trippy, heh.

I think it sort of baffled everyone... Nintendo included. I remember thinking to myself, the Wii would be a piece of cake to get, and the PS3 would be impossible to find for months. Well, it's the exact opposite. When I see people lining up for Wii's still.. my first impression is usually how the hell do these people even know we have them? Then, I think... how to THIS MANY people know we have them. Last sunday, they were in the ad, and our store got 17 systems. We had more than 17 people camping outside before the store opened to get one. I just don't understand it. The guy in front showed up at 4AM. Now, let me remind you all, its like -10 degrees where I am right now. 4 Hours of that would feel like 4 days back in November when the thing came out. It's insane, I tell you.

I think it sort of baffled everyone... Nintendo included. I remember thinking to myself, the Wii would be a piece of cake to get, and the PS3 would be impossible to find for months. Well, it's the exact opposite. When I see people lining up for Wii's still.. my first impression is usually how the hell do these people even know we have them? Then, I think... how to THIS MANY people know we have them. Last sunday, they were in the ad, and our store got 17 systems. We had more than 17 people camping outside before the store opened to get one. I just don't understand it. The guy in front showed up at 4AM. Now, let me remind you all, its like -10 degrees where I am right now. 4 Hours of that would feel like 4 days back in November when the thing came out. It's insane, I tell you.

Youch. I'm certain you're right, I can't imagine that Nintendo in their *wildest* moment of hope, confidence and Vodka, thought the response would be this huge. If they had they'd have probably geared up even more and shipped twice as many units (and probably would have sold every last one of them too).

If they keep going at this rate, I suspect they'll pass Xbox 360 by September at the *latest*.

Youch. I'm certain you're right, I can't imagine that Nintendo in their *wildest* moment of hope, confidence and Vodka, thought the response would be this huge. If they had they'd have probably geared up even more and shipped twice as many units (and probably would have sold every last one of them too).

If they keep going at this rate, I suspect they'll pass Xbox 360 by September at the *latest*.

Yea, Nintendo's definitely doing better then they thought they would, I remember somewhere Nintendo saying the thought it would be fairly easy to get hold of after launch, but maby they where expecting sales simular to the gamecube, I'm not sure, anyways nintendo probably has already made back the money from research and devolpment as I think thier making at least 50$/console and probably 10$/Wiimote and 5$/nunchuck, plus and alarming high attach rate of 89% of systems sold with the wii. although those numbers are just pulled outa my ass (except Zelda), so if any of you have better ones please share.

I still have yet to even see a Wii in a retail store since launch, in which I waited in line but came up a few short, they are all sold out by the second the store opens.

Still Waiting :(

I still have yet to even see a Wii in a retail store since launch, in which I waited in line but came up a few short, they are all sold out by the second the store opens.

Still Waiting :(

bet bet would be to go to target around 4-5 hours before opening and wait in your car until people start getting in line

bet bet would be to go to target around 4-5 hours before opening and wait in your car until people start getting in line

Agreed. I got 2 on launch day (1 preordered, one I waited in line for at a Target), 1 for me and 1 as a gift. 2 weeks ago I *chanced* onto the last bundle at a Costco and snagged that for a friend who wanted but couldn't afford one as a gift.

I think all told I've put around $1200 toward Wii since launch, counting games and systems for home and for family/friends :)

I'm done though, anyone else has to buy their own, LOL.

I walked into Gamestop today and the UPS guy showed up right behind me and he carried in 6 Wiis. Perfect timing. So I got mine now. w00t!!
Now who wants to buy it for 600 bux? :D

Just kidding. Now I'm in search of a second controller.

Lucky. I finally have the money, time to start the hunt.

I am not going to get a 2nd wiimote yet though. I will wait for Wii Play to come out. Hopefully that will come with a controller stateside too.

Yeah I remember thinking how easy it would be to get a Wii and that the PS3 would be impossible.....In all fairness I didn't think Nintendo would hit a home run like this one though....I don't think anyone did not even Nintendo....Glad I got mine but damn this is freaky....well I still think by march April you will be able to buy one by just walking into a store....

At our Target on launch night I got there at 6 and was the first one there and when people got there, I wrote them on a list and told them to sit in their cars...it was like 22 degrees...not worth it. Everybody appreciated it and it was a great (and warm) night. It's too bad most people don't try to organize it like me ;)

Edit: I actually had people calling me sir (I'm 21) and someone who actually worked there asked me for permission to leave on a bathroom break. I even had Monical's deliver pizza to "the north side of Target" haha :D

At our Target on launch night I got there at 6 and was the first one there and when people got there, I wrote them on a list and told them to sit in their cars...it was like 22 degrees...not worth it. Everybody appreciated it and it was a great (and warm) night. It's too bad most people don't try to organize it like me ;)

Edit: I actually had people calling me sir (I'm 21) and someone who actually worked there asked me for permission to leave on a bathroom break. I even had Monical's deliver pizza to "the north side of Target" haha :D

Haha... we did that for the PS3. We ordered up from a local place called Half-Times. Told them to deliver to the bench outside Target (this was at like midnight, mind you). He was like... are you serious?

Haha... we did that for the PS3. We ordered up from a local place called Half-Times. Told them to deliver to the bench outside Target (this was at like midnight, mind you). He was like... are you serious?

Haha yeah he went along with it pretty well, he knew what we were waiting for and I just told him we were on the north side of the building in a white car and he brought it right to us and I got out, paid, and got in with some fresh hot pizza lol

So looks like Wii shipments coming in on sunday for target and circuit city....

Think if I got to Target a couple of hours before opening I'd stand a good chance of getting one? If I dont I can always go down the road to circuit city, which opens at 10am...

Think if I got to Target a couple of hours before opening I'd stand a good chance of getting one? If I dont I can always go down the road to circuit city, which opens at 10am...
It depends on the area. If you live in a populated town, definitely camp out. If you don't, you might be able to get by.

I would think if you show up around 5AM, that will be plenty early.

I am sooooooooooooooo glad I ended up camping out for mine on launch weekend. What was funny was just the day before I was talking to one of my cousins about how we should be able to waltz in to any store and pick one up Sunday afternoon.

I got lucky that I found out my local Target was getting 33. I went to Circuit City next door (they would not say how many they were getting) the night before launch for something else, and saw a line already formed at Target...I turn around, parked my car and got in line!

Now my sister is trying to hunt one down for her son.

I livei na college town (since i go to college).. those are the worst.. damn college kids like me lol...

I got mine in Miami when i was visiting friends nad family

Best bet is to call them the night before and see what the line is like. I would still suggest showing up betwee 4-6am the morning of. I stood in a snow storm for 3 hours waiting to get mine. Of course at 7:45am the walk out, hand out tickets and went from there, bastards couldnt have come out at like 6. Was awesome to hear all the people pissing and moaning because "...Why the F#%^ didnt they tell us last night on the phone they were handing out F%(&ing tickets!!! What a F($&ing crock of S#*(..bleh bleh bleh" I stopped one woman and said "hey I have been here since 5am, did you really think you were going to be able to walk in 2 weeks before Xmas and get one?!" I could tell she was about to hit me... :D

I got my wii, along with warioware smooth moves, zelda, and trauma center... Have a blast with it so far... Interesting story behind how I got one if anyone wants to hear.

Back