Steve Jobs Trapped in Carbonite iPhone Case

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
In some sectors of the tech universe, there is no love for Apple founder Steve Jobs and many would revel in his Carbonite encasement. This newest cover for the iPhone could have really taken off and sold like hotcakes&#8230;..maybe to people who don&#8217;t even own an iPhone, but it seems Apple has no sense of humor and pulled the old copyright infringement card once again. Encase Steve Jobs in Carbonite, <sigh> it would have been fun. :D

Jellylesg

2[H]4U
I've yet to see Apple ever do anything impressive in terms of PR. Their releases are based on presentations packed full of misleading assertions, an absence of facts and an abundance of hyperbole. Their relationship with their userbase is dictatorial and shitty. I am in no way surprised by this.

Cbshahji

[H]ard|Gawd
shoot apple should have just signed contract for the darn thing and sell it for good mark up price on their own site/store, they would have made least million.

Mr. Perfect

Limp Gawd
How do you copyright a person's likeness? :rolleyes: Can you even do that? I bet they just sent him a scary sounding letter and he didn't look into it further.

Gorankar

[H]F Junkie
How do you copyright a person's likeness? :rolleyes: Can you even do that? I bet they just sent him a scary sounding letter and he didn't look into it further.

It's not about winning in court or losing. It's about being able to afford the fight. Apple can afford the fight, the maker of this prolly can not.

N2OInferno

Limp Gawd
I wonder if Apple has a lawyer dedicated to going through the phone book and suing anyone named Steve Jobs into changing his name.

Mayson

Limp Gawd
It's not about winning in court or losing. It's about being able to afford the fight. Apple can afford the fight, the maker of this prolly can not.

Can't they just represent themselves in court for something like this? It seems pretty cut and dry.

Your honor, they don't hold that copyright. The end.

BoogerBomb

Supreme [H]ardness
It never ceases to amaze me at just how damned creative some people are.

krotch

Supreme [H]ardness
To do what? Copy something else and use Steve Jobs, instead of Han Solo. Ya...pretty creative.

Yossarian22

[H]ard|Gawd
And this is why I never visit Apple's booth when they come to the university career fair.

Also, remember back in the day when the internal code name of the Apple was Sagan and they got sued twice after changing it to BHA (Butt Head Astronomer) losing the first case, then being sued again?

Hypocritical much?

krotch

Supreme [H]ardness
This company should come out with a commercial. They have this blond chick, running up the aisle with a sledgehammer in her hand. One side of the sledgehammer shows Steve Jobs encased in carbonite. The girl then throws the sledgehammer at a big TV screen that shows someone who resembles Steve Jobs, who is giving out a speech.

Then have it fade to black with white text, reading. Irony.

Ultima99

Supreme [H]ardness
I dont view this as a snub to Jobs. I think its horrendous that anyone would ever relate him with Han Solo.

Hallis

Supreme [H]ardness
Wouldn't George Lucas have a say in this? As i think its more depicting a scene from his movies, after all.

jpnelson

Weaksauce
He should be quite well protected. If he survived the freezing process, that is.

AceGoober

Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!
Aw man, I would have purchased one and I don't even own and iPhone. :p

rcashier

Limp Gawd
I think it's hilarious personally! I'd buy it if I had an iPhone. But I think i'll stick to my Android powered phone.

DROID FTW!

xorbe

Supreme [H]ardness
Exactly what does Apple claim to own here? I see:

1) original artwork
2) 3rd party accessory

I don't think either is a problem, legally?

Azhar

Fixing stupid since 1972
I think it's hilarious personally! I'd buy it if I had an iPhone. But I think i'll stick to my Android powered phone.

DROID FTW!

Then you need an Andy Rubin or Rich Miner cabonite case.

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
Apple is almost like Sony: no matter what, the world keeps them in business. :cool: