Steve Jobs Statue Unveiled

In fairness...Jobs was a fairly awful human being in life, who was a great salesman and not much of anything else....insofar as that vision goes, his statue avatar seems to be pretty on the money.

I'm sorry, but it is not even good at that.

But if they make it white and put an Apple logo on it I'm sure they Apple fanatics will praise the beauty and elegance of the design! :D

Looks like something out of a post apocalyptic film. YOU MANIACS!!!! YOU BLEW IT UP!!!

Looks about right.

QFT

Also reminds me of this from Hellraiser II:

2037188-pill2.jpg

Lol, I could see Steve Jobs being a Cenobite, considering he basically was one in real life.
Freakin' pinhead. :D

I've seen hundreds of low budget horror films with bad acting, bad scripts and bad special effects that are closer to art than that.
The head doesn't even look like Jobs! It looks more like the guy that played him in Pirates of Silicon Valley!

I do kind of agree with the people saying a wretched tribute to a wretched human being.

On top of the other issues, the "crude Cyrillic characters" bug me. Steve Jobs was notorious for being fanatical about typeface - so including such blatantly ugly characters seems to be completely wrong. It's not that they're Cyrillic that's the problem (that's just odd,) it's that they're so damn ugly. A Steve Jobs tribute statue should be smooth and refined, not looking half-baked.

In fairness...Jobs was a fairly awful human being in life, who was a great salesman and not much of anything else....insofar as that vision goes, his statue avatar seems to be pretty on the money.

Hence my quote. ;)

All you guys are going to feel pretty silly for talking so much shit once the head tilts back and it starts dispensing giant PEZ.

Someone want to explain why the
it's too deep to understand for many... only fanatics "get it" and they feel blessed to be the only ones who appreciate it... just like apple products?

Was this to commemorate or denigrate the man?

Holy Shit. This is no English word to accurately describe how hideous this thing is.

My first reaction was to start laughing when I saw it. after I carefully considered the artistic aspects and the emotions the artist was trying to evoke, I realized my first reaction was probably dead on. So I kept on laughing.

An absolutely horrendous statue.

I kind of reminds me of when the When Arnold shot the T-1000 with the grenade launcher at the end of Terminator 2.

Shit like that is why I hated art class. It's based entirely on what some asshole thinks is good. That thing is not good. That idiot didn't even spend a minute trying to make it look good. "I'll weld a 1 and 0 to a pole and call it digital." Fucking imbecile.

what a terrible statue and it does look like the thing. Its pretty insulting to have such a perfectionist and artist be represented like this is just wrong.

The scale model sculpture will be sent to Apple in California for final inspection and, upon approval, Radenovic will craft the final version.

I suspect this will fail inspection. It looks like absolute trash with a Steve Jobs head on it.

Ironic.....

A simplistic visionary gets an abstruse tribute.

I really don't think whoever created this was paying attention.

Wow, somebody wants him back alive, because that thing is going to make him roll right out of his grave!

What are those things sticking out suppose to be anyway? A random 1 and 0, to represent coding/technology I guess? The whole thing is just kind of messed. I think if it was the pillar with just his head it would not be as bad, but probably still kind of weird.

well that's one of the creepiest things I've seem not to mention quite an odd way of remembering him

Back