Steve Jobs Resigns as CEO of Apple

Steve Jobs is not long for this world...

0826-steve-jobs-02pcn-credit-1.jpg

Not an apple fan (although I have a few devices), but I wish him the best. Very sad to see him like that.

Photoshopped? Whatever makes you feel better...

I see people in that condition due to cancer every day and its very real.

The 5 year mortality rate after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer is 99%.

Somebody tried to explain why they think it's chopped here: http://i.imgur.com/WV5Y0.jpg

"TMZ DOT COM published a photo of Steve Jobs after his resignation from Apple, we are still doubtful about the legitimacy of picture but source is very credible. Steve Jobs is looking very ill and lean, apparently he is unable to stand on his own."

One thing is sure, cancer will kill make you look like this, then kill you.
That fact cannot be photo chopped.

Even if this picture is a fake in this instance it might actually portray the truth of the reality. Jobs is probably not in the best of health and at the very least his health and running Apple were at odds, just not the most hopeful sign. Not trying to hate just stating a logical conclusion to come to but who really knows.

I do wish him well as I would almost anyone in this predicament

Its obvious he still has cancer. Probably wants to live the rest of his days in peace. He looks like he lost more weight. Looks emaciated and sick like if if he has been on radiation or chemotherapy. His time is running out.

Steve Jobs is not long for this world...

0826-steve-jobs-02pcn-credit-1.jpg

The 5 year mortality rate after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer is 99%.

Honestly, based on when they announced it, I'm surprised he has been around this long. I don't think I've ever heard someone recover from pancreatic cancer; I'm pretty sure it's uniformly fatal.

My understanding is that in the latter stages, it's one of the more physically painful forms of cancer you can live with. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Honestly, based on when they announced it, I'm surprised he has been around this long. I don't think I've ever heard someone recover from pancreatic cancer; I'm pretty sure it's uniformly fatal.

My understanding is that in the latter stages, it's one of the more physically painful forms of cancer you can live with. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Yeah, pancreatic cancer is about as nasty as it gets.

"Almost" uniformly fatal....Those five-year survival rates of 3-5% imply that the survivors have beaten the cancer, when in reality the majority will eventually die from it within the following few years. Not sure exactly how many people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer end up beating it and living happily ever after, but since only 10-20% of patients are diagnosed early enough to be eligible for the Whipple procedure, and of those half won't survive past the next 1-2 years and only 20% at five years, I'd say maybe 1 in 500 or even 1 in 1000 can say they fought the disease and won.

His was not the usual type. It was the most treatable form, even though still not great odds, but he decided to try alternative therapies for 8 months before finally having the surgery. He may have been in far better shape by now had he received the surgery from the start, which is always the best chance for cure if caught early.

"Almost" uniformly fatal....Those five-year survival rates of 3-5% imply that the survivors have beaten the cancer, when in reality the majority will eventually die from it within the following few years. Not sure exactly how many people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer end up beating it and living happily ever after, but since only 10-20% of patients are diagnosed early enough to be eligible for the Whipple procedure, and of those half won't survive past the next 1-2 years and only 20% at five years, I'd say maybe 1 in 500 or even 1 in 1000 can say they fought the disease and won.

His was not the usual type. It was the most treatable form, even though still not great odds, but he decided to try alternative therapies for 8 months before finally having the surgery. He may have been in far better shape by now had he received the surgery from the start, which is always the best chance for cure if caught early.

And lets not forget that he has the money to receive the best treatment possible.

You know what the current Republican congress and Apple have in common?

NO JOBS..

I think it's clear that SOME type of alterations were made to the image(s), but I can't imagine Steve Jobs is looking a whole lot better than that. I would also bet a million bucks he feels even worse than the pictures look. There's only one reason for this resignation: he's in a very bad condition and likely has little time left. CEO's of multibillion dollar companies don't just up and leave because their tummy huwts a wittle bit one day; no, Jobs is preparing for the end.

Poor guy. He was arrogant and I dislike a LOT about Apple's methods (which he's largely responsible for), but I can't deny it: his arrogance was never really out of place and he did a TON for the industry as a whole. The crazy things he's said, the insulting release schedules for new, updated versions of Apple i devices, the 'sell what amounts to a service pack update as a brand new OS' philosophy - all of that crap, people bought into. Essentially, Jobs made Apple one of the most successful companies in existence and innovated like crazy along the way. He sparked more innovation in the computing/device world than I believe anyone else has even come close to.

Love him or hate him, his influence has been an absolutely positive thing for computing as a whole.

Back