Steve Jobs Really Hated Google

It is the fault of Google for not requiring base requirements of all handsets.

I don't want to turn this into an Android debate. Suffice to say, it kinda goes against the "open" nature of Android to start imposing a bunch of requirements and restrictions. However, I do agree that some base level of functionality could be established, but it's not like smartphone developers couldn't do that themselves.

I just think that calling Android a "half-baked beta" is fairly ignorant.

Jobs quoting Picasso - "Good artist copy, great artists steal"

Steve jobs - "We've always been shameless about stealing great ideas"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU

Hypocrite.
That's one of the reasons not only that I couldn't stand Jobs, but also despise Apple: the blatant hypocrisy. You want to set people free from Big Brother IBM, but then become Big Brother yourself? Fuck you, Steve Jobs, and fuck you, Apple.

Did anyone here actually watch Pirates of Silicon Valley?
Back when it was first-run on TNT, IIRC, yes.

The movie showed that Steve Jobs was nuts from the very start. There was a scene in the movie where he was in a closet screaming as a method to relieve himself.
So he relieved himself in a closet (rimshot).

Seriously watch the movie and learn a thing or two about Apple. The real genius of Apple was Steve Wozniak. He was depicted as a nice guy who generally wasn't money hungry. He actually was the person who created the first Apple computer. Where as Steve Jobs was a demented hippie who was more worried about his social status then anything else. He was just in the right place at the right time.
Amazingly they're portrayed that way because....that's who they are/were. Every interview I've ever seen with Jobs showed that he was just trying to find a way to purge whatever inner problems he had via fleecing mindless sheep of their money, whereas Woz is the ubercool tinkering uncle that everyone wants to have.

Amazingly they're portrayed that way because....that's who they are/were. Every interview I've ever seen with Jobs showed that he was just trying to find a way to purge whatever inner problems he had via fleecing mindless sheep of their money, whereas Woz is the ubercool tinkering uncle that everyone wants to have.

Yeah, Steve Jobs was a marketing genius, but that's about it. Woz was the technical genius.

not_this_shit_again.jpg

I look forward to the day when Jobs is "just another dead guy" instead of a martyr. The press stirring up controversy over what a living man said is one thing, doing the same with a dead man's words is pathetic attempt at journalism. F-

Well he was right about one thing, google products other than search have never been anything but halfbaked betas....and even the search has been getting shittier.

I'll agree on the first point wholeheartedly, but I do like the refinements they've made to Google search recently.

I take it you haven't used an Android phone with 4.0+/ICS on it..?

It's about a three-quarters-baked beta instead of a half-baked beta, but still fragmented and largely clunky.

It is the fault of Google for not requiring base requirements of all handsets.

Yep. Microsoft, of all people, handles their phone platform the best (talk about a reversal from the old days). They have a very strict minimum system requirements and no-crapware policy that OEMs must adhere to in order to license WP7 from them. Google could learn a very good lesson from them with Android.

As bad as this might sound, maybe it's a good thing steve jobs died before he had a chance to completely destroy Apple in the process of trying to destroy Google.
What was his plan anyway? To pull a "SCO" and turn apple into a complete patent troll instead of the 40% patent troll it already is?

Every time I hear about Apple suing another company in another forgien court, it makes me even less likely to buy an apple product. If you want to compete, do it in the market, not in the courtroom.

Thank god he's finally dead. He started off okay, then let power and corruption ruin his life.

wow I find it hard to believe there are people like you this day and age. I mean they did seem like a ass and I did not like his products at all but to actually thank that he died..... wow where did your parents go wrong , I mean the man was no Adolf Hitler he never commented mass genocide or some other form of evil. All he did was make products that made him a whole lot of money and he was good at it. And his finally years were most likely very painful. I had some one very close to me pass away due to cancer.
You need to grow up and rethink some things wow.

cant edit my post, meant to say " I mean he did seem like an ass "

not " I mean they did seem like a ass"

Thank god he's finally dead. He started off okay, then let power and corruption ruin his life.

Sadly that's my feeling as well. I don't wish death upon somebody, so I don't really think it's a good feeling to have, but it is how I feel.

The problem I have with Apple is that they take an existing product, make it super popular with their magic marketing skills, then they think they are the inventor of that product and want to sue everyone who makes something remotely similar. They did not invent the smart phone. Google has every right to have their own too.

doh why can't we edit out own posts in this section lol, I meant to add that I also know someone who passed away from cancer and her final years were painful, She did her best to not let us worry but when you live with someone you just know stuff like that.

for reals grow up and yes I know I do not have the best grammar but at least I do not thank or wish that people die :/

cant edit my post, meant to say " I mean he did seem like an ass "

not " I mean they did seem like a ass"

It is very well known this guy had hate issues. It ran his life and drove him to be the dude we all know love/hate. The hate this guy spewed was almost poetry it was so intense.

Steve Jobs had problems and it seemed his narcissism prevented him from enjoying anything in life.

It is very well known this guy had hate issues. It ran his life and drove him to be the dude we all know love/hate. The hate this guy spewed was almost poetry it was so intense.

Steve Jobs had problems and it seemed his narcissism prevented him from enjoying anything in life.

oh no do not get me wrong I think that as well, and I never supported apple by buying their stuff. it's just that guy was actually thanking that someone died, I had to say something about that :/

oh no do not get me wrong I think that as well, and I never supported apple by buying their stuff. it's just that guy was actually thanking that someone died, I had to say something about that :/

I agree that the original post you quoted was a little extreme but I think the gist of it was, "thank god he's no longer spreading hate and in charge of Apple" rather than, "thank god he suffered of cancer and died". That's what I got out of it, at least.

Ok, it is sometimes hard to get ones point across on the internet. But honestly who are we to say a person is wrong for being gratefull for others pain. The best we can do is just ignore that person, trying to chang them or tell them their point of view only sparks a shit storm conversation.

Actually to deny that android phones weren't just shitty iphone rip-offs in 2007-2008 is just being stupid. Same with all the WM6 replacement touch interfaces. Phone manufacturers saw $$ and wanted in badly. Android just gave them a flexible enough platform to rapidly roll it out. Android itself is just as f*cking fragmented as linux it derives from. Everyone can make their OS work the way they like it. Great. Now. Give. Me. Something. That. Does. Everything. I. Need. By. Default. What people really wanted was a toy/phone that just worked. iPhone was stuck on lame web versions of all apps that you could make "home button shortcuts" to. There were no local apps besides apples. Android was hodge-podge copies of the same functions. Some vendors rolled their own hoping for quick lock-in. Others just installed the bare-minimum features leaving users shit out of luck for months. Both platforms blew ass the first year. I had a HTC wizard until apple finally pulled their heads out and I could finally get the same locally installed apps I used on a way faster phone.

Why oh why a great man such as Steve Jobs thought "alternative medicine" aka "BS medicine" was the way to go with CANCER of all things is beyond me. Dude killed himself dealing with snake oil professions

Whats funny is using Steve Jobs logic, Apple stole most of their ideas from Palm.

Why oh why a great man such as Steve Jobs thought "alternative medicine" aka "BS medicine" was the way to go with CANCER of all things is beyond me. Dude killed himself dealing with snake oil professions

Too bad the iCureCancer App was not ready on time. :D:D

I think the public perception of Apple's influence is goofy and wrong.

Apple's software is just a kiosk-style touchscreen interface. There is nothing particularly unique about it. Vendors have been building things like that for decades. iOS is just a good collection of utilities. If anything, during the early days the blackberry software interface was a bit better in some aspects. Eventually, Apple's browser, marketing, and the ability to double as an ipod etc gave them a slight edge with consumers. However, that wasn't what was important.

What was important was the hardware. Until multi-touch came in a reasonable form factor with fast enough hardware, the software/interface was a pipe dream. The iPhone was just quick to the market with putting the pieces together. People had been dreaming up iPhone-type interfaces for years. They just built their vision of a collective dream put in our heads by science fiction, TV shows, UI workshops, and designer sketches... and it worked.

Apple paved the way in some aspects, but iOS was just an evolutionary idea... not a revolutionary one. If anything, Jobs' insistence on platform control across all of Apple's products is the revolutionary idea... even if I don't agree with it.

Jobs was basically always the guy who thought he invented rock and roll and when anyone else wanted to play or create a different type of rock and roll, he got extremely upset.

More like de-evolutionary IMO.

Platform control is not a bad thing. It is no coincidence that the two most polished phone platforms (iOS and WP7) are also the most tightly-controlled platforms.

If Linux and Android have taught us one thing, it's that total anarchy of platform control leads to more harm than good.

I fail to see why this was even posted today.

But anyways, if you've used handheld PC's since the turn of the millenia, then you'd realize that the iPhone wasn't really that much of a departure/innovation. There's alot that the iPhone duplicated from other "feature phones", Windows Mobile phones/devices, and even Palm devices. The iPhone was just the first smartphone that got consumer's attention, but that doesn't mean the that technology/interface was anything revolutionary.

And the base of Android pre-dates iOS, it just may not have been owned by Google at that point.

Platform control is not a bad thing. It is no coincidence that the two most polished phone platforms (iOS and WP7) are also the most tightly-controlled platforms.

If Linux and Android have taught us one thing, it's that total anarchy of platform control leads to more harm than good.

Its funny because we are talking about android as if it were windowsME, truth be told we are just really spoiled as android gives its amazing phones as well.

Wasn't Android in development all the way back in like 2003 before Apple even thought of getting into cellphones?

OH and steve jobs ripped off the HTC wallaby and every other PDA phone before it.

htc-wallaby.jpg

is it just me, or did steve jobs hate everyone but himself?

This. He wasn't charitable , he was extremely egotistical , burned so many bridges that if it wasn't for his marketing genius he would have been an utterly failed business man. Steve and Apple regularly stole ideals from other companies just as everyone now does yet he loves to throw stones as if he created the cell phone on the toilet after a weekend in Tijuana.

I've never liked him or his attitude towards his employee's , if it wasn't for key members of Apple his marketing ideas would have evaporated , Apple is a success because of team work not Steve Jobs alone.

I hate how Apple fan boys act as if he flew to China and hand assembled each iPhone himself.

His behavior never surprised me yet after he died everyone acted as if we lost Einstein.

When you grow up, you will realize that money is a very tiny part of the experience and certainly not an accomplishment or goal.

I am legitimately shocked! Somebody with the naïveté to evaluate an individual based on something other than the metric of net financial gain. Pray tell, doth the corporate naught employ money as the basis for accomplishments, compound goals, alongside its experience?

hey, how come he never makes apple presentations like that...... laden with profanities...
I would love to hear an iphone presentation like that.

"this iphone is so good, it will fuck android in the ass"

This. He wasn't charitable , he was extremely egotistical , burned so many bridges that if it wasn't for his marketing genius he would have been an utterly failed business man. Steve and Apple regularly stole ideals from other companies just as everyone now does yet he loves to throw stones as if he created the cell phone on the toilet after a weekend in Tijuana.

I've never liked him or his attitude towards his employee's , if it wasn't for key members of Apple his marketing ideas would have evaporated , Apple is a success because of team work not Steve Jobs alone.

I hate how Apple fan boys act as if he flew to China and hand assembled each iPhone himself.

His behavior never surprised me yet after he died everyone acted as if we lost Einstein.

I admit, reading Steve Jobs the biography was very, very entertaining because of the man's comically horrendous natures. The sardonic egoist that was Stephen Paul Jobs, coupled with the larger-than-life public persona of him, made for much reflection of why an individual might rationally piss on his graves, and why others might be vitriol about sullying the Jobs.

Returning to Google. Stephen Paul Jobs, as described by the man himself, is incapable of seeing irony or perspective are are alien to him. He held no obligation to anyone else save himself, in the pursuit of justice in the eyes of Steve Jobs, and he was not a man to kid.

In retrospect, he gave no fuck about hurting others, whilst giving far too much fuck about what bruises his own ego. He really would burn nearly everyone's house down by igniting the lemons that life hurl at him, with Greek Fire dipping sauce aplenty, without any regard of collateral damage; the diktat of Steve Jobs is always explicitly narrow.

hey, how come he never makes apple presentations like that...... laden with profanities...
I would love to hear an iphone presentation like that.

"this iphone is so good, it will fuck android in the ass"

Because it's unprofessional and childish, like the original statement itself? :p

I admit, reading Steve Jobs the biography was very, very entertaining because of the man's comically horrendous natures. The sardonic egoist that was Stephen Paul Jobs, coupled with the larger-than-life public persona of him, made for much reflection of why an individual might rationally piss on his graves, and why others might be vitriol about sullying the Jobs.

Returning to Google. Stephen Paul Jobs, as described by the man himself, is incapable of seeing irony or perspective are are alien to him. He held no obligation to anyone else save himself, in the pursuit of justice in the eyes of Steve Jobs, and he was not a man to kid.

In retrospect, he gave no fuck about hurting others, whilst giving far too much fuck about what bruises his own ego. He really would burn nearly everyone's house down by igniting the lemons that life hurl at him, with Greek Fire dipping sauce aplenty, without any regard of collateral damage; the diktat of Steve Jobs is always explicitly narrow.

Well said. :)

Back