Steve Jobs’ High-Tech Yacht Makes Its Debut

BIG huh? oh well.. another one of those things that i'll never be able to afford.. but anyway, cute! and big! but i prefer things with sails on it! (i sail hobie cats since i was 12, started with optimists when i was 7 ;))

Lol, they'l probably sue samsung for making these.

samsung_30077b.jpg

Oh for sure, only an Apple hater would deny it. It's so obvious Samsung blatantly copied the iYacht with these so called "ships". I mean just look at them! they're longer than their width, they are made of a shape and I bet they even float too. Makes me sick! sue the bastards!

The ship builders were each gifted an iPod shuffle with the ship's name inscribed on the back, along with a note thanking them for their "hard work and craftsmanship."
Inscription should have read: I built Steve Jobs' 250' yacht, and all I got was this ipod shuffle.

Not an ipad, not an iphone, not even a touch...fucking shuffles. What a cheapskate.

A yacht paid for by the money Apple saves by circumventing the California and Federal tax codes.

I'd say it's ugly as all hell.

I'm waiting for apple to tell us it isn't ugly, we're just looking at it wrong.

Must be a sailor thing, but it looks like a barge or a houseboat to me. How does it handle open sea? Or is it really just a riverboat?

i see a lot of Frank Lloyd Wright influences in the design and layout. a style im really into (my favorite architect). Steve was quite a fan of Frank's work.

Frank's work was also quite controversial in its time. He always insisted on using the landscape in ways nobody thought of. But often did things people didnt agree with very much in the same way as Jobs. For example. Not a single home Frank designed contained any closets. He always felt they were a waste of space inside the structure and wardrobes served a better purpose for storing clothes.

regardless, i think its stunning.

That reminds me, if they inherited stuff like this. I wonder how much the inheritance tax is for everything.

That reminds me, if they inherited stuff like this. I wonder how much the inheritance tax is for everything.

Going to find out soon, apparently I am inheriting money from my grandma (can't be much, though? Not a rich family). Should be an interesting roll through paperwork.

I wish she'd spent it on herself, though. I don't need other people's money. I barely need my own money.

You want something sleek and minimalistic?

TVG-Super-Yacht-A-Philippe-Starck-1.jpg

Also, that boat seems rather stupid... because it has a door that faces the bow. How would anybody do it? What if you are cruising with bad weather? Tons of water in.

Seriously... you never put the doors where the wind will blow, much less water.

Also, that boat seems rather stupid... because it has a door that faces the bow. How would anybody do it? What if you are cruising with bad weather? Tons of water in.

Seriously... you never put the doors where the wind will blow, much less water.

Call me old school, but to me a yacht has sails. Nothing says rich and powerfull like a ship thats equivelant to voicemail "I'll get there when I ephing get there!"

Bill Gates starts a foundation and charity and Steve Jobs builds a billion(?) dollar yacht. I cannot wait to see more people praise this man for his contributions to society.

Rest in Worms.

Bill Gates starts a foundation and charity and Steve Jobs builds a billion(?) dollar yacht. I cannot wait to see more people praise this man for his contributions to society.

Rest in Worms.

jelly jelly jelly lol

It's soooooo ugly. Stevey boy probably couldn't bring himself to hire someone other than Jonathan Ive for design.
It was designed by Phillipe Starck, who also designed the yacht that prava linked a few posts below yours, and other abominations in architecture and design.

Pfft, only 80m

It's soooooo ugly. Stevey boy probably couldn't bring himself to hire someone other than Jonathan Ive for design. Tim Heywood or someone would have done it justice.

For my (imagined) money the prettiest super yacht is Pelorus

http://www.yachts123.com/photos/122...ts-boats-and-ships/Pelorus-SuperYacht-09.html

Or in that size bracket Alfa Nero
http://www.ycoyacht.com/yacht/alfa-nero/

This just looks like someone tried to do a Wally Yacht in MS Paint

this one is still more functional and aesthetically pleasing
http://www.ussubmarines.com/submarines/phoenix_1000.php3

Looks damn ugly, it's okay until you look higher than the deck, rest of it looks like a cheap greenhouse.

And it will have new and innovative features like a propeller.

That complicated cumbersome and confusing bridge used to control the boat will be replaced with a much more simple touch-sensitive click wheel.

Looks like somebody ran into a chrome storm door on their fitting-out run.

Experts say $0.

http://thetrustadvisor.com/news/stevejobs
http://www.forbes.com/sites/deborahljacobs/2011/10/11/steve-jobs-estate-not-likely-to-owe-tax/

Aluisious said:
Going to find out soon, apparently I am inheriting money from my grandma (can't be much, though? Not a rich family). Should be an interesting roll through paperwork.

I wish she'd spent it on herself, though. I don't need other people's money. I barely need my own money.

You may pay more in taxes than the Jobs family...

Back