Steve Jobs’ High-Tech Yacht Makes Its Debut

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
One of Steve Jobs last projects has been completed. The yacht Steve Jobs envisioned and helped design has made its appearance a little over a year after his death. The design is sleek and described as minimalistic, much like the design interior of his Apple Stores. The yacht has been christened ‘Venus’. Thanks to Forum member !@#$%^&*() for the link.

Has anyone checked to see when Apple was granted a patent for seafaring vessels?

Lol, they'l probably sue samsung for making these.

samsung_30077b.jpg

Guess we'll start seeing patents for "liquid floatation device or vehicle". Need to go as broad as possible for maximum lawsuit potential! Any device or vehicle that floats in any liquid will now be an infringement.

Let's just hope it does not use Apple maps otherwise it will get lost at sea. :D

I know nothing about boats other than how to ride in them, but that is a crazy looking boat. Would have been nice to have him helm it at least once before he died. What I really want to know is some numbers on this thing. Mostly just the price tag :D

Ugh-lee. The whole thing, bleh. Steve Jobs designed yacht? He was a nautical expert too I suppose? Or is it designed like he designed the iPhone where he said "this is what I want, now you find a way to make it work"

I'm wondering on the shape makes it more efficient, all that shiny chrome on the anchor and front of the boat is going to be a bitch to keep shiny too.

Guess we'll start seeing patents for "liquid floatation device or vehicle". Need to go as broad as possible for maximum lawsuit potential! Any device or vehicle that floats in any liquid will now be an infringement.

Let's just hope it does not use Apple maps otherwise it will get lost at sea. :D

Apple maps.....
flat-earth-society1.jpg

:p

Kind of look like a Star Destroyer.
Hey, since Jobs is dead can we sink it to send it to him?

...ugh. It's pretty ugly actually.

Goes to show, he wasn't the one designing the iProducts.

I'm sure it's nice enough inside but man that is a horrible looking boat.

Yeah as nice as I'm sure it is inside, to me that's a pretty "meh" yacht overall. I get where he was going with the minimalist stuff, but it is a yacht or it is supposed to be... That looks more like a floating styrofoam wedge with some chrome tacked on.

Yeah as nice as I'm sure it is inside, to me that's a pretty "meh" yacht overall. I get where he was going with the minimalist stuff, but it is a yacht or it is supposed to be... That looks more like a floating styrofoam wedge with some chrome tacked on.

Now that it is completed they'll have to completely tear it apart and rebuild it from scratch to make its i-device docks compatible with the new iPhone connector.

LOL!

Minimalistic!

I'd like to show you my new mansion. I didn't want anything to ostentatious. Just a simple little mansion. You know, nothing fancy. I really only needed it so I had somewhere to park my new dinosaur.

Anyone notice that the bridge of the ship uses a bank of seven Apple Cinema Displays (presumably 30 inch)?

Looks like they got a building to float. This has got to be the ugliest yacht I've ever seen.

So what is the point of this boat? Does it do anything special or involve some sort of technical advancement or purpose? Or is it just the result of an afternoons iPad doodling?

Thats one ugly boat, and electric doors on a boat wtf that won't stop water from pouring in if the sea gets rough.

That is about the ugliest boat I've ever seen. The redneck yacht looks good in comparison.

RedneckYacht1.jpg

Ugh-lee. The whole thing, bleh. Steve Jobs designed yacht? He was a nautical expert too I suppose? Or is it designed like he designed the iPhone where he said "this is what I want, now you find a way to make it work"

I'm wondering on the shape makes it more efficient, all that shiny chrome on the anchor and front of the boat is going to be a bitch to keep shiny too.

Bitch, bitch, bitch. Jeebus.

:)

Could this be stretched to cover hydroplaning cars? :p

First thing I thought of when I seen this was Star Destroyer.

With all the personality stripped out of it, kinda. This thing is hideous. I've never understood Steve Job's vision of...........well anything.

Back