Steve Jobs dies RIP my friend

Discussion in 'Apple Products' started by Lantano, Oct 5, 2011.

1. mope54

mope54 [H]ardness Supreme

thanks for sharing

2. Serpico

Serpico [H]ardForum Junkie

If you think that's bad, don't go to the front page forums. Some really awful people there.

3. Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf [H]ardness Supreme

Sadly, too true. Cryaxx just can't help himself.

4. heatlesssun

heatlesssun [H]ard as it Gets

Well actually there's been a lot of cancer in my family. My father survived 13 years after he initial diagnosis of prostate cancer, but then it spread to is liver and went from there to other places and he died 6 months later.

5. Zenshi

Zenshi Gawd

Rest in Peace Steve Jobs.

6. Zardoz

Zardoz 2[H]4U

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  7. Terpfen

Terpfen [H]ardness Supreme

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." -- George S. Patton

8. Modred189

Modred189 I'm Smarter Than You

Dear Steve, Thanks. Your work changed tech, made the Padd a dream come true for us trekkies, and pushed other companies and innovators to be better by focusing on the user more than the hardware. I missed hearing "oh and one more thing" last week, and it's too bad we will never hear it again. I may not have enjoyed your products, but your ideals and grass-roots story is something to admire and be inspired by.
    "Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me."

9. Sly

Sly [H]ardness Supreme

'friend'? That's some title.

10. Insula Gilliganis

Insula Gilliganis [H]ard|Gawd

I think the term "friend" is appropriate. A friend is.. "1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts. 2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance. 3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause" Not to speak for the OP but perhaps he was thinking of definition #3. Steve Jobs has been a part of our lives for 35 years, helping shape the world we live in. Like any friend, he has helped us grow in ways we perhaps never would have experienced on our own. He has helped influence the way we are in ways we can't count or comprehend. Like a friend, he has been there.. not physically in bodily form.. but his thoughts, his dreams, his ideas have been with it in the form of his products that are such a part of many of our lives. Perhaps I am stretching this metaphor some but when when we have had and used an Apple product made during most of the past 35 years, we have been using something that Steve had a hand in creating, developing and making available for all of us to use to, hopefully, make our life a little better, just like you hope a friend would do. Yes, like most friends, he wasn't perfect and perhaps you were able to ignore or discount those things you didn't like about him.. people who didn't see him as a friend probably accentuated those negatives and discounted his positives.. but like any friend you hoped he would be around for as long as possible and now that he isn't, there is some pain in the fact that there is now a void in your life, even if it is a small one. Steve Jobs has been a friend to many.. maybe an unconventional friend.. but a friend nonetheless.. someone that will be missed even if he was never met by us.. a friend who helped change the world in so many ways.

Even though I have never been a Steve Jobs fanboy and actually since the early 90s stop using Apple products, I was very surprised by my reaction to reading Kyle's news post that Steve had died. Didn't think it would make me as sad as it did. My reaction kind of shocked me.

Santa likes this.
  11. Lantano

Lantano [H]ard|Gawd

Troll

12. Lantano

Lantano [H]ard|Gawd

Well said my friend, amazing the asshats that post here.... I thought these dudes would have more class, sigh. Evidently the nerd fraternity is not that much envogue anymore.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  13. lathode

lathode [H]ard|Gawd

RIP, I will miss his keynote speaches. You could tell in his voice that he loved what he did and the products he sold.

14. BobyTT

BobyTT Gawd

PC finally got him.

15. heatlesssun

heatlesssun [H]ard as it Gets

Damn.

16. Haiku214

Haiku214 [H]ard|Gawd

His charisma is irreplaceable.

17. Nahawand

Nahawand Limp Gawd

18. Billz

Billz Limp Gawd

Amen!

19. MrGuvernment

MrGuvernment [H]ard as it Gets

already posted on here

20. chiu

chiu Limp Gawd

Hope his legend continues in another world.

21. kggraphics

kggraphics n00b

22. turb0

turb0 Gawd

RIP, you will be missed.

23. thecrafter

thecrafter I have LOVED the Cock for

Apple stock rose slightly today. Interesting considering the news. I thought it would plummet hard

24. Terpfen

Jobs' death really shouldn't have an effect on Apple stock considering he resigned as CEO ahead of time.

Apple stock kicked back up after the "buy on the rumor, sell on the news" people were done with their iPhone 4S news selling spree.

25. MelonSplitter

MelonSplitter Gawd

Devastating news. May you finally rest in peace my friend.

26. RyanJ

RyanJ n00b

I have a problem with people comparing him to the gretest minds the world has ever known. He's being compared to davinci, einstein and tesla which is just crazy. He sold gadgets he didn't invent anything although he put his name on a ton of patents. He didn't cure cancer or end world hunger either, but you wouldn't knoeqw it reading some of these articles or watching the news.

27. Terpfen

He didn't just put his name on patents. He actually had a hand in the process. There are plenty of Apple-related patents that do NOT have his name on them.

28. RyanJ

RyanJ n00b

Sure he did.

29. Terpfen

He actually didn't. Again, there are numerous Apple patents which don't bear his name.

30. mope54

mope54 [H]ardness Supreme

Here's an article discussing some of his patented ideas: http://technologizer.com/2009/05/28/the-patents-of-steve-jobs/

31. babygirls

babygirls n00b