Steve Jobs Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was it sudden? He has been struggling for years.

Yeah but I thought just recently he was still moving around ? Did he do it himself,plan it I mean. Not like suicide but injection perhaps.

This is Steve Jobs we're talking about, not Joseph Stalin.
Why all the hate?

While I may despise Apple as a company and their douchy "ethics", Steve Jobs is still a human being and I wouldn't go so far as to call him evil.

We all have bad things about us, but also good things, it's what makes us human.
How was he any different?

you have some reading up to do.

Have you cured anything or saved anyone?
On that same note, perhaps all of the medicine and services you bought with your money, or stole as you say, could have saved someone else and you potentially robbed them of their life.
Just putting your argument in perspective. ;)

Perhaps his inventions and devices have saved lives unknowingly.

You sure seem to have a lot of hate in you.
Chill out, he was a human being who lived his life the best he could, just as we all do.

I do. It's an unjust world where greed, lies, and everything else that's bad typically reigns supreme. I find it odd people celebrate it.

I don't think it's Kyle's Title people are bitching about, it's the "Apple's Steve Jobs is Dead" like apple owned him or something.. Maybe "Apple Icon Steve Jobs is Dead" would be better.

What are you even talking about? It doesn't even say that. :rolleyes:

Iphone 4S comes out and Jobs dies... Food for thought...

EDIT: I meant Kyle's title, not WSJ. Then again, why bitch about the title at all?

This is Steve Jobs we're talking about, not Joseph Stalin.
Why all the hate?

While I may despise Apple as a company and their douchy "ethics", Steve Jobs is still a human being and I wouldn't go so far as to call him evil.

We all have bad things about us, but also good things, it's what makes us human.
How was he any different?

I think Stalins's quote "One mans deaths is tragic, a thousand is a statistic" fits jobs very well.

Exactly.

And the brutal and hurtful truth is, Steve's life was probably worth more than most other peoples. The guy generated the means for a lot of other people to live out their dreams in the forms of careers and jobs.

There have been a lot of douche bag comments made in this thread so far but you Sir just won the post. Congrats! :rolleyes:

I do. It's an unjust world where greed, lies, and everything else that's bad typically reigns supreme. I find it odd people celebrate it.

Sounds like someone isn't WINNING and is all butthurt about it.

I was never and probably will never be an Apple fan, don't own anything of theirs, won't even use itunes - for a free song.

That said, this is a human being we're talking about, he suffered for quite some some and he died. I'm the same age as him. One never knows when one's time is up.

Sending condolences to the Jobs family and friends

I knew he was gonna die. The last few articles months ago showed how frail he was. No one believed it though. RIP Steve

Buying your way on to a donor list pisses over all sorts of moral and ethical rules. Yeah, he stole it. Role your eyes at someone else there, cowboy.

If you want to talk about more and ethical rules and who stole what, look at all of the hurt and pain the CEO's of Enron caused.

I don't think Steve Jobs is even in the same league as those assholes.
You should try to put your thoughts and opinions in perspective.

Much as I might not have agreed with some of his...morally questionable decisions...
He was a brilliant man and truly drove innovation. Apple may not have been first out of the gate with products, but they made them popular and desirable and thus got other companies off their rump.

...And in other news....

http://www.deadseriousnews.com/?p=445

Thousands of Apple fanboys form suicide pact

August 9, 2010 by Dead Serious News · Leave a Comment

Steve JobsApple has had a cultlike following for years. Apple devotees, or ”fanboys” as they refer to themselves, have always been willing to pay a premium for any product with the famous Apple logo on it. When Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO, takes the stage during a webcast, the fanboys’ eyes are glued to their computer monitors, blissfully impervious to the world around them.

An undercover investigation by Dead Serious News has revealed a much more serious side to the blind devotion of the Apple fanboys. A loose knit group of up to 10,000 fanboys around the world have formed a suicide pact. They communicate via an invitation only online group. They refer to the death of Steve Jobs as “Doomsday”. The fanboys revere the Apple CEO as their “Savior”.

Steve Jobs was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2004, plus he had a liver transplant in 2008. His prognosis has been described as “excellent”. Despite the positive news, there’s a lot of chatter between the fanboys on preparation for Doomsday.

On August 28, 2008, Bloomsberg mistakenly published Steve Jobs’ obituary, which was picked up by a number of news outlets. The rumor among the Apple fanboys is up to 50 of them committed suicide before the story was retracted. The fanboys now have ”some safeguards” in place to prevent anyone in their group from committing suicide based on a false rumor.

When Steve Jobs does finally pass away, the fanboys will gather in person and via webcams to “drink the Kool-aid”, a reference to the suicide method used in Jonestown. The fanboys will toast their Savior and take their last drink together.

“The death of Steve Jobs will prove there’s no God and life won’t be worth living after that,” wrote “iMacDonald”, a seemingly depressed Apple fanboy.

Related article: iPhone users have more deviant sex

Rest in peace Steve, I hope where ever you are at, they are treating you better than you treated others.

To quote Denis Leary:
"Welcome to real world, where most of the time, things don't go, your fuckin' way."

It's not the hand that we have been given that matters, it's what we do with that hand that counts. ;)

Wonder how Apple will respond? Will they continue down the path Jobs laid, or will they go their own way now?

Wonder how Apple will respond? Will they continue down the path Jobs laid, or will they go their own way now?

Well, Apple's stock went down after the Iphone 4S announcement. This surely won't make things any better.

Exactly.

And the brutal and hurtful truth is, Steve's life was probably worth more than most other peoples. The guy generated the means for a lot of other people to live out their dreams in the forms of careers and jobs.

A human life is a human life. All lives are worth the same... excepting maybe mass-murderers etc.

As someone already said, Steve made cool tech gadgets. He didn't cure cancer, he wasn't on the cutting edge of science, he didn't invent faster-than-light travel, he didn't eradicate aids, he didn't make food crops bloom in the desert, he didn't end world hunger or droughts. He took what was there and made it look good and fuction well.

It's sad that he's gone, and I'm interested to see what happens to Apple in the next 5 or so years, but the pedestal that people put him on, and the almost religious reverence that some people show him, is entirely undeserving.

Exactly.

It's really a sad day when people actually think like that. How can you say that his life is worth more than "most other people" when all he did was make products that people bought, just like any other company.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs.

I am curious if there will be a stock drop off.
I don't know how large it will be, but I do believe quite strongly, that Apple is worth less with out Steve Jobs.

A human life is a human life. All lives are worth the same... excepting maybe mass-murderers etc.

As someone already said, Steve made cool tech gadgets. He didn't cure cancer, he wasn't on the cutting edge of science, he didn't invent faster-than-light travel, he didn't eradicate aids, he didn't make food crops bloom in the desert, he didn't end world hunger or droughts. He took what was there and made it look good and fuction well.

It's sad that he's gone, and I'm interested to see what happens to Apple in the next 5 or so years, but the pedestal that people put him on, and the almost religious reverence that some people show him, is entirely undeserving.

He helped found one of the biggest tech companies in the world and has impacted millions of people. Saying all he did was "make cool tech "gadgets" is ridiculous.

RIP, it is sad when anyone loses their life at such a young age.

Sorry the guy died, not unexpected, RIP.

The insane level of praise from the media is making me pretty sick though. I just read the CNN article on his death and they go on an on like he was the personal inventor of the personal computer, mp3 players, and tablets. WTF... I know the media has always had a lovefest with Apple but can they at least recognize reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back