Steve Jobs Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I've ripped the man the past few years, there's really no denying what he did for the tech world. RIP Mr. Jobs.

Did he die today, or possibly yesterday, and that is why everyone at the keynote seemed so down and somber ? Would be very bad to announce at the opening the brand new iPhone speech that Jobs just died.

Still...sad day for techies

Tough road ahead for Apple...not a good week, first the iFlop4S, and now the death of it's founder.

I don't think it's Kyle's Title people are bitching about, it's the "Apple's Steve Jobs is Dead" like apple owned him or something.. Maybe "Apple Icon Steve Jobs is Dead" would be better.

No matter how much money you have, you can't escape death.

RIP.

I don't think it's Kyle's Title people are bitching about, it's the "Apple's Steve Jobs is Dead" like apple owned him or something.. Maybe "Apple Icon Steve Jobs is Dead" would be better.

Also, will hold my tongue and say RIP.

Where is your bleeding heart for those he screwed/possibly screwed because he bought himself a new liver.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2011/01/how_did_steve_jobs_get_his_liver.html

So when I say screw Steve Jobs, it's for good reason.

Put yourself in his shoes for a moment before you get all high and mighty.

If you were dying, and had very little time to live, but had the money to save yourself, would you not do the same?

Or would you just die so some other random person would live?

I'd really like to hear your answer to this. :)

Preorder now the Iphone 5 and get a exclusive. a real piece of Steve's brain with it, when you say "i wish i had Steve Jobs Brains you really can!!

Too soon? should i of waited 5 more min?

Brilliant man, let the company to great success. Woz was more of the talent behind things but Steve knew the important part. How to market it.

It will be interesting to see where Apple goes from here. Honestly Apple has been pretty quite in terms of anything really hot over the last year which is my guess about the time Jobs probably started to get too sick to be of much good. The iPad 2 and iPhone 4S are basically just modest hardware updates with not a tremendous amount of the software side. Windows 8 might be a flop and you might even hate it but what Microsoft is attempting to do and the shear gamble to me is more Apple like than Apple this year. Apple was playing it sate and Microsoft totally revamping it's most important product.

2012 is going to be an extremely interesting year.

RIP Steve Jobs, you had a WONDERFUL life.

Sooo ... they tried to revive him, but the paramedics were holding the defibrillator wrong ...

why do people keep commenting on the title? "Steve Jobs Dead" is as simple as it gets with nothing more than fact

It also fits Steve's style too. Kinda says it in a Steve way.

Gonna miss the guy, he delivered a lot of style and innovation to this industry.

Rest In Piece Steve

But in all seriousness, RIP SJ, and condolences to the family and friends.

Im holding my tongue as well for respect otherwise i could go on about the long list of bad things about him

This is Steve Jobs we're talking about, not Joseph Stalin.
Why all the hate?

While I may despise Apple as a company and their douchy "ethics", Steve Jobs is still a human being and I wouldn't go so far as to call him evil.

We all have bad things about us, but also good things, it's what makes us human.
How was he any different?

If you were dying, and had very little time to live, but had the money to save yourself, would you not do the same?

Exactly.

And the brutal and hurtful truth is, Steve's life was probably worth more than most other peoples. The guy generated the means for a lot of other people to live out their dreams in the forms of careers and jobs.

Look, I'm just saying he was some great citizen, giving, great guy. He was a hypocrite business man and he used his money to get a liver for himself when he shouldn't have gotten one. The only reason he did is because he had the money.

As for your question, probably not. I have TON of medical problems. I know I don't have as long as some poor little kid who could have his whole life in front of him. Steve jobs was a greedy scumbag who basically stole a life from, possibly, a kid.

How was it sudden? He has been struggling for years.

The actual act itself honestly, I didn't think he'd go so soon. I probably should have stated that it was expected and unexpected at the same time honestly, that's what I wanted to add in but of course there's no edit function in this part of the boards.

Exactly.

And the brutal and hurtful truth is, Steve's life was probably worth more than most other peoples. The guy generated the means for a lot of other people to live out their dreams in the forms of careers and jobs.

Why? Because he made "cool" gadgets? No. He didn't cure anything. He didn't save anyone. He extended his life at the cost of another. That's the hurtful truth.

Anyway, I'll let you guys grieve or whatever. I won't muck up the thread.

Look, I'm just saying he was some great citizen, giving, great guy. He was a hypocrite business man and he used his money to get a liver for himself when he shouldn't have gotten one. The only reason he did is because he had the money.

As for your question, probably not. I have TON of medical problems. I know I don't have as long as some poor little kid who could have his whole life in front of him. Steve jobs was a greedy scumbag who basically stole a life from, possibly, a kid.

..or he didn't steal it from anybody. :rolleyes:

He wasn't....*wasn't a great citizen.

Where are the smart ass comments and thinly veiled gay jokes now [H]ard? That picture posted awhile back was an obvious fake was it? did you think you saw some pixels?

So he bought a liver, and because someone else may have potentially suffered, he is a scumbag...

I'd hate to see how Chairman Mao, Joseph Stalin, and Che Guevara would rank on your list! :eek:

As much as I don't like Apple as a company; Steve Jobs was a brilliant man.

Competition breeds innovation and he made Apple a force to be reckoned with. While I didn't really like the confines of the iOS, I know it was a tight product focused on the customer experience.

Why? Because he made "cool" gadgets? No. He didn't cure anything. He didn't save anyone. He extended his life at the cost of another. That's the hurtful truth.

Anyway, I'll let you guys grieve or whatever. I won't muck up the thread.

Have you cured anything or saved anyone?
On that same note, perhaps all of the medicine and services you bought with your money, or stole as you say, could have saved someone else and you potentially robbed them of their life.
Just putting your argument in perspective. ;)

Perhaps his inventions and devices have saved lives unknowingly.

You sure seem to have a lot of hate in you.
Chill out, he was a human being who lived his life the best he could, just as we all do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back