Steve Jobs Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
This man was truly a great visionary and intellectual genius. His brilliance and tenacity will be missed. Even though many of us do not "like" Apple products, he undoubtedly revolutionized the technology industry and will be remembered as such.

Nothing (maybe one or two things) they produced were "revolutionary". They copied people and then marketed it.

Stop trying to build the man up to something he wasn't. Like another poster said, he was a greedy, corrupt, CEO who wouldn't piss on your if you were on fire to put you out.

Excuse me? How blind are you? You're lucky I don't want to get banned, you deserve an earful. The man was nothing but a greedy, greedy, CEO who, typically, you libs bash.

Grow up.

Libs? Who in the fuck even mentioned politics? LOL I think you are some nutso....

go post at some political site or something

Nothing (maybe one or two things) they produced were "revolutionary". They copied people and then marketed it.

Stop trying to build the man up to something he wasn't. Like another poster said, he was a greedy, corrupt, CEO who wouldn't piss on your if you were on fire to put you out.

u mad?

LOL, people who think I'm a liberal.

The problem with the above statements is that you haven't read what I said. You have a scale of one life to millions of lives. I have a scale of one life to one life. If I had to kill some random person to save one other random person then no, I wouldn't. If I had to kill one random person to save millions of random people, well that's a TOTALLY different proposition.

The only problem is with you. I was quite clear, would you kill one person to save millions? That was quite clear. There is no "scale". Kill one = millions saved. Don't kill one = millions die.

But guess what, going by what you said, you should think Jobs was scum because he bought his way to the top of a donor list. He thought he was more important than the next person on the list.

You are strawmanning and goal post moving for whatever reason.

He was a banner for anyone that daresay that (s)he believes in capitalism. That was a one-man stimulus for numerous companies and the 3rd tier OEMs are weeping as we speak. Saying that he was a greedy and corrupt CEO is to not acknowledge how brutally effective he was at his craft... why would any stakeholder want him different in any way? :(

How do you come to that conclusion? :rolleyes:

If you want to talk about more and ethical rules and who stole what, look at all of the hurt and pain the CEO's of Enron caused.

I don't think Steve Jobs is even in the same league as those assholes.
You should try to put your thoughts and opinions in perspective.

QFMFT

LOL nice sig, glad to see you changed it around instead of what was actually said. Oh well anything to make you look better. Glad to see your still mad about it.

i obviously couldnt copy it word for word, cant have a 2 page long sig.

its paraphrased and maybe exaggerated by a millimeter.

i just think its funny:D which it is.

You forget the "dead" rule. As soon as someone dies they immediately become the "greatest" at something, regardless of talent or worth.

Hopefully the company slides into oblivion, and takes their locked down customer unfriendly junk and lies with it.

You pretend like he was somehow an altruistic person, when the few details we do know of his life demonstrate quite the opposite. He was quite selfish, self-centered, and ran the company like a dictator of an empire.

Speaking of dictators, Hitler built an empire from humble beginnings and fought right to the end as well, doesn't mean its worthy of my deep admiration.

Since I had an iphone that I liked, not. U mad?

The truth of the matter is I'm a grown up. I like the iphone but that doesn't mean I'm blind to the BS that Steve Jobs or Apple was up to.

Again, being a grown up.

Okay then, I'm gonna offer my condolences to his family and hope he rests in peace. While there may have been some questionable morals at points but he wasn't evil and I think his company did help change the world.

RIP Steve Jobs.

On an unrelated note, German Muscle and Boomstick. We get it. you don't like him. You don't have to sit there and try to make everyone else not like him too. We're all entitled to our own opinions.

Ill pass, you dont seem very rational. It would just end up being an argument with no end.

I think I'll pass as well. Wasting my time on those who insult me and others yet can't back their claims is reason enough. :rolleyes:

Okay then, I'm gonna offer my condolences to his family and hope he rests in peace. While there may have been some questionable morals at points but he wasn't evil and I think his company did help change the world.

RIP Steve Jobs.

On an unrelated note, German Muscle and Boomstick. We get it. you don't like him. You don't have to sit there and try to make everyone else not like him too. We're all entitled to our own opinions.

I'm not trying to make anyone do anything. I offered up my opinion on the subject, which I'm allowed to do, and a couple of others saw fit to challenge me on it, instead of respecting my opinion. The problem lies with them, not me.

And it's not just us two. There are more than two of us that obviously didn't like the guy. Probably because they know teh garbage that the man and the company has pulled. Not just some blind fanboys.

DC101 He dies you win contest tomorrow on Elliot in the morning here I come! :D

Crazy how he just stepped down too

Elliot cracks me up. I listen to him on my long commute every morning 5:30-7.

RIP jobs...

I would held that his own questionable morals are separate from his appropriate business ethics, just to add fuel to the troll. Why would one wish to see an entrepreneur that wouldn't ruthlessly squash at profit margin and squeeze productivity for the betterment of the bottom line? He was supremely successful, to the point that any liability don't actually fall on Apple, but that of Apple's subcontractors; it falls to the OEMs to fallow through on environmental and humanitarian accords, not Apple.

Excuse me? How blind are you? You're lucky I don't want to get banned, you deserve an earful. The man was nothing but a greedy, greedy, CEO who, typically, you libs bash.

Grow up.

He's a greedy CEO... that made thousands of jobs for people world-wide and aided technology like no other.

I think you are talking about the Enron CEOs.
You bash liberals, yet your mentality is the exact same as a liberal.
That's not meant to be insulting, it just is what it is.

You act very victimized and rather than being thankful for what you do have, you bitch about someone who was successful in business and technology. :rolleyes:

He did tell you where to start. Then he owned you when you strawmanned.

Just sayin

ahhh the strawman, so many people's best friend around here.

Such a loveable guy. No wonder hes around so often

strawman.jpg

I would held that his own questionable morals are separate from his appropriate business ethics, just to add fuel to the troll. Why would one wish to see an entrepreneur that wouldn't ruthlessly squash at profit margin and squeeze productivity for the betterment of the bottom line? He was supremely successful, to the point that any liability don't actually fall on Apple, but that of Apple's subcontractors; it falls to the OEMs to fallow through on environmental and humanitarian accords, not Apple.

I'm a fan of capitalism. What this guy and other CEO's are doing is NOT capitalism. It's greed and people like Obama call it capitalism to try to brainwash people.

There can be capitalism without greed. I know plenty of small businesses around town that compete but still help each other when they need it.

Sooo all the billions and billions of his money that he hoarded all his life, what going to happen to it? Yeah he was an amazing marketer, but this guy never did a lick of good in his life, he was a greedy self centered egotistical asshole who will be easily forgotten as yet another billionaire buried with his fortune.

He did tell you where to start. Then he owned you when you strawmanned.

Just sayin

I told him I watched the movie, he never responded or PMed me.
I think he owned himself when he never responded.
Like I told him, I'm all ears and am ready to hear some facts, but he never presented any.

I don't take others insults as "getting owned".
Time to grow up much? :D

The only problem is with you. I was quite clear, would you kill one person to save millions? That was quite clear. There is no "scale". Kill one = millions saved. Don't kill one = millions die.

But guess what, going by what you said, you should think Jobs was scum because he bought his way to the top of a donor list. He thought he was more important than the next person on the list.

You are strawmanning and goal post moving for whatever reason.

Strawmanning, says the guy who brings up something I never even mentioned (buying his way up a donor list etc).

In my original statement I said that all lives are equal. You're the one who said one to millions.

Bill Gates said:
I’m truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.

Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.

The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.

For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.

I thought this pretty much hit the spot.

He's a greedy CEO... that made thousands of jobs for people world-wide and aided technology like no other.

I think you are talking about the Enron CEOs.
You bash liberals, yet your mentality is the exact same as a liberal.
That's not meant to be insulting, it just is what it is.

You act very victimized and rather than being thankful for what you do have, you bitch about someone who was successful in business and technology. :rolleyes:

Why do you keep bringing the other CEO's up? Yeah, I thin they should be hung. What of it?

And me, a liberal? You don't know me at all. I have heart problems. I have a metal spine from surgeries because of scoliosis. I have tons of problems.

I am thankful for what I have, but that does NOT MAKE ME BLIND TO OTHER STUFF. That's called being a grown up.

Sooo all the billions and billions of his money that he hoarded all his life, what going to happen to it? Yeah he was an amazing marketer, but this guy never did a lick of good in his life, he was a greedy self centered egotistical asshole who will be easily forgotten as yet another billionaire buried with his fortune.

It was his money in the first place.
Why would I tell him to spend it or donate it?

Freedom = doing what you want with what is yours.

If you were rich, I would never force you to donate your money or spend it how I want you to spend it, it's yours, and you have every right to do with it what you want.

That makes him greedy? wtf kind of logic is that?

People are fucking idiots. I can't go on Facebook or twitter without seeing hundreds of posts about Steve Jobs' death. Is it the new tech fashion? Comparable to having an iPod yesterday or an iPad today?

It's a sad world we live in...

This is all way off topic, so I'll reiterate what I said clearly and then we can move on.

No one life is worth more than any other one life, with the exception of mass murderers etc.

Jobs was a guy who made shiny tech, not Jesus Christ.

Strawmanning, says the guy who brings up something I never even mentioned (buying his way up a donor list etc).

In my original statement I said that all lives are equal. You're the one who said one to millions.

Dude, you're strawmanning now! I brought up the donor list WAY before we ever started arguing. Of course you didn't mention it, I DID!

And of course you stated all lives are equal, except you're wrong, and I posed a situation for you to answer and you haven't answered it. You tried to avoid it by bringing "scale" into the debate when it wasn't even mentioned by me.

I think I'll pass as well. Wasting my time on those who insult me and others yet can't back their claims is reason enough. :rolleyes:

I never insulted you. Just because i said no thanks or ill pass doesnt mean i cant back my claims. obvious troll is becoming more obvious.

This is all way off topic, so I'll reiterate what I said clearly and then we can move on.

No one life is worth more than any other one life, with the exception of mass murderers etc.

Jobs was a guy who made shiny tech, not Jesus Christ.

And you're as wrong as you were the first time, and you refuse to answer the question.

Would you save millions if it meant killing one?

That's the thing with bleeding hearts like you, you'll never actually apply logic to anything you think of. Just feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back