Steve Jobs: Android’s Founder Is A Big, Arrogant F***

With the iPod, the iPhone, the x86 MacBook, and the iPad, Apple improved and marketed existing technologies and products better than the competition.

Apple TV has a SERIOUS problem.

It's functionality is built into modern TV's.

Apple TV's only hope is that they can convince the courts they invented the Smart TV and digital streaming devices.

I've yet to see a smart TV with a full list of AppleTV features. Though, many people do not require expanded functionality that such a set top box would provide.

The first desktop I programmed was an Apple II with the MicroSoft Z80 card running MSBasic.

The Apple II vanished because Jobs locked it down. If he would not have done that, there would be Apple modular desktops instead of "PC's" on our desks, and Motorola would be where Intel is now. And Microsoft would be gone.

Considering that would be worse than the companies we have now I will stick with Intel and Microsoft ... Motorola brought all the same baggage that IBM did ... as soon as IBM farmed out the processor to Intel and the OS to MS that race was over (and both companies have done very well by both consumers and enterprise)

... He wins even more every time someone rages or /tears/you angry bro?/ about him.

Naw, I thought he was a prick back when I called him in the late 70's. Couldn't be bothered with a tech call. Woz called me back. Nice guy.

Has anybody pinpointed where his grave is? I'm surprised Applefags have not dug him up by now and started having sex with his corpse. ooooooooooooooooooooooo

No really I don't like apple.

Considering that would be worse than the companies we have now I will stick with Intel and Microsoft ... Motorola brought all the same baggage that IBM did ... as soon as IBM farmed out the processor to Intel and the OS to MS that race was over (and both companies have done very well by both consumers and enterprise)

My point is that Job's arrogance and near-sightedness drove the Apple Cart into the Ditch.

Apple desktops were #1. Poor decisions by Jobs changed that.

My point is that Job's arrogance and near-sightedness drove the Apple Cart into the Ditch.

Possibly, but I would question if Apple really wanted to be number 1 ... Microsoft and Intel most definitely did ... Jobs really came into his own after he left Apple ... he matured some (Apple haters opinions not withstanding) with his Nexus venture (which gave Apple many of their current executives) and he developed a better business acumen (which allowed them to succeed with the iPod and follow on technologies)

Personally I think Grove and Gates were better CEOs for the business they were in and that is why their companies succeeded ... both were also extremely cutthroat businessmen ... almost all successful CEOs are arrogant (it goes with being at the top of the food chain) ... most can channel that arrogance into things that don't hurt their companies

Has anybody pinpointed where his grave is? I'm surprised Applefags have not dug him up by now and started having sex with his corpse. ooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why? Because everyone else does?

They were #1 but they were also expensive. But the Mac UI blew away most of the competition, MS-DOS and Windows prior 3.0 weren't very good and Apple hardware did have a reputation for being better than PC stuff even a generation ago. But in the end PC hardware was just too cheap and Windows became good enough and that was that for Apple having a large share of the desktop worldwide.

However I think their business model is quite valid as the cutthroat margin game that PC OEMs and now Android phone makers have to deal with is a tough game.

Steve Jobs is such a hypocritical piece of shit.

I am glad he died and I hope it was a painfully slow death.

Have you ever seen a loved one die because of cancer? I find your comment to be absolutely disgusting because no one deserves to have something so horrible wished on them.

I agree with your first sentence, but NOONE except maybe Kim Jong Un or some of the middle eastern despots deserve to have something like that wished upon them.

The original Mac had a very small resolution and an unstable operating system.

They pushed them to the schools, and we hated them. They ate our work on a regular basis.

There was a line to use the old Apple II's, if you didn't want to wait, you had to use the Macs.

The original Mac had a very small resolution and an unstable operating system.

I grew up in the days of the Apple II, Lisa and Mac and remember them well and people naturally gravitated to Apple computers even back then, whatever issues of quality that may have existed. It really did come down to price in the end.

Have you ever seen a loved one die because of cancer? I find your comment to be absolutely disgusting because no one deserves to have something so horrible wished on them.

My dad died of cancer, a slow and painful is EXACTLY what it is. Wishing that on someone is inviting bad karma.

You know, i was a friend of the circle and to those that say this about how he died hopefully it will happen to you or better yet someone you care about.

FWIW, I heard these before, years ago.

At the end of the day I think that Steve Jobs had a distorted view of (a) his own arrogance and (b) of how much Apple actually invented and how much Apple just make a good polished product out of things already known.

I grew up in the days of the Apple II, Lisa and Mac and remember them well and people naturally gravitated to Apple computers even back then, whatever issues of quality that may have existed. It really did come down to price in the end.

IBM desktops weren't cheap either. But the clones put the PC on the map.

UI's like the Mac, Tandy, Windows 1.0, etc, weren't necessarily what the users wanted back then.

Application software had it's own UI written from the ground up. What a PITA. You had to detect all the hardware and operate it correctly for each program you wrote. Just writing mouse drivers was a pain.

But ... If all you did with your computer was accounting, wordprocessing, spreadsheets, games, you didn't need an OS with it's own UI.

Games were about the last to migrate to all OS UI's.

IBM desktops weren't cheap either. But the clones put the PC on the map.

True, again all I am saying that even back in the 80's Apple computers simply had higher desirability, everyone wanted one over a PC or Commodore 64 or whatever. It is impressive that overall of all these years and turmoil that Apple went through in the 90's that it still retains that pop culture premium brand status.

The fact that sick posts like this can stay up this long in an obvious bait thread posted by our resident biased idiot are exactly why I fold for the competition and view this site with adblock+ and noscript.

The fact that sick posts like this can stay up this long in an obvious bait thread posted by our resident biased idiot are exactly why I fold for the competition and view this site with adblock+ and noscript.

I would disagree, but I don't.

Obviously you are not folding fast enough, maybe you could have found a cure for your buddy Steve Jobs. ;)

Oh no! What has been seen can never be unseen my fragile little mind can't take this! Please censor the internets for me,[H] is just too obscene!:(

"Good artists copy, great artists steal. And we're shameless about stealing ideas" -- Steve Jobs, hypocrite extraordinaire.

Why is this news? Steve Jobs is known to do these kind of things; like calling people who work for him "fucking dickless assholes".

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

"We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas." -- Steve Jobs 1996

MS had a tablet before Apple, sure it sucked, but that's not the point.

A colleague said: “At meetings we had to look at his dirty feet. Sometimes to relieve stress he would soak his feet in the toilet.”
During his time at Atari, before he started his venture into Apple, he was placed on the night shift because of his body odor. It turns that nobody wanted to work with him because he, well, stank. Jobs convinced himself that his vegan diet meant that he only had to shower once a week and he didn’t need to wear deodorant. He also routinely took off his shoes while at work and would even sometimes soak his feet in a toilet to relieve stress. This habit didn’t end with his employment at Atari either. Often in meetings at Apple he would make his colleagues uncomfortable by opening the door to his executive toilet suite and plunge his feet into the toilet bowl water.
Wouldn't be surprised if his hands were in toilets also ;)

LOL, might want to edit your post. You just admitted to offenses that can get you banned..

Steve Jobs can have said whatever he likes. Doesn't change the fact that he spent his entire business life getting his ass kicked up and down the block. First by Microsoft and IBM and later by Microsoft and Google. I bet really late at night when he was lying alone in his bed and nobody was watching he cried himself to sleep thinking about that second one.... Having your 30-year-old high-end tech company's ass handed to it by freaking search engine company? Can't get much more humiliating than that.

The worst part is he was SO arrogant that he refused to learn in any way from the absolute trouncing Apple took at the hands of Microsoft in the 80's and early 90's. If he had gone with a licensing model with iOS it would be on over 80% of all phones right now instead of Android. But he didn't learn a thing from the first 25 years he spent in the business world and so his product is again a distant second and fading slowly.

That's it.. enough is enough.. I'm folding for the competition now.

You honestly think they really buried him? He's well preserved and eternally stiff, coming soon to a Genius bar near you!

True, again all I am saying that even back in the 80's Apple computers simply had higher desirability, everyone wanted one over a PC or Commodore 64 or whatever. It is impressive that overall of all these years and turmoil that Apple went through in the 90's that it still retains that pop culture premium brand status.

Hardly, I wanted a high end Amiga. only took finding out that they rendered Babylon 5 on Amiga's to make me want one. badly.

Hardly, I wanted a high end Amiga. only took finding out that they rendered Babylon 5 on Amiga's to make me want one. badly.

And the number of people that had even knew of the Amiga compared to the Macs wasn't a particularly large audience. I'm no Apple fan, don't own any Apple products but the Apple mystique is something that I've seen for most of my life, it is quite real.

Back