Steve from Retrotech finally picks up an FW900

hope that guy finally fixes his, a lot of component replacement and still no luck unfortunately, that greenish startup problem seem to be getting common as i see reported from some users with other GDM models like here, from that video comments section as well, and also ocurs with mine as i reported here, fortunately in my case still only happens for some seconds when turned on after being off for several hours, and is not frecuent when the monitor auto shut downs during that green screen, but worried if some day that greenish screen becomes permament with no fix, specialy since i dont see still as 2022 a worth modern display replacement to my likes and would prefer to stick with my smaller compaq 7550 17 inch CRT, (would love to see a LG CX OLED in action, it seems its 60hz BFI mode motion clarity is very good CRT motion quality like, but at the cost of massive brightness loss, even lower than CRTs and more intense flicker than CRT monitors at 60hz like the viewsonic XG2431. and the LG C1 OLED 60hz BFI mode is a joke from what i saw.)

hope that guy finally fixes his, a lot of component replacement and still no luck unfortunately, that greenish startup problem seem to be getting common as i see reported from some users with other GDM models like here, from that video comments section as well, and also ocurs with mine as i reported here, fortunately in my case still only happens for some seconds when turned on after being off for several hours, and is not frecuent when the monitor auto shut downs during that green screen, but worried if some day that greenish screen becomes permament with no fix, specialy since i dont see still as 2022 a worth modern display replacement to my likes and would prefer to stick with my smaller compaq 7550 17 inch CRT, (would love to see a LG CX OLED in action, it seems its 60hz BFI mode motion clarity is very good CRT motion quality like, but at the cost of massive brightness loss, even lower than CRTs and more intense flicker than CRT monitors at 60hz like the viewsonic XG2431. and the LG C1 OLED 60hz BFI mode is a joke from what i saw.)
Kinda sad isn't it. Also sad that the OLED BFI seems to be going the way of the dinosaur so soon. Some monitors don't even have it implemented and the newer TV's that do only have the 60hz BFI that's 8ms of persistence. IE - no better than ye olde Plasma's.

the saddest thing i see is that CRT are being dethroned no just because we already have a modern display that can achieve all those things CRT can achieve in a single monitor, but because i see a lot CRT monitors are daying or staring to die, my FW900 is starting to do a weird noise when that "GSOD" (green Screen of Death) appears when i turn it on, some kind of "shorting" or sparking noise thats seems coming from the neck of the tube that coincides with the flashing periods of that greenis screen and stops when the GSOD dissapears, also the two last times i tunred on the monitor, that green screen lasted longer than usual 😥 bad sign.

Back