Stepping question

Zoogle

Gawd
I recently bought a BE-2400 from Newegg together with a Biostar TA790GX A2+ board. Was wondering if you guys could tell me what kind of overclocking results I should expect from the different steppings available.

I saw something about G1 and G2 but I haven't really kept up with what the good steppings were or any of that other information.

I'll be cooling with a Xigmatek S1283 inside a P180B with both exhaust fans running at low. The CPU fan will probably be on low too since I'm looking for a "silent overclock".

Thanks.

Yeah, I bought it as part of a bundle though so it turned out to be $25 after the bundle discount (counting the motherboard at full value). Yes, it's an X2 chip.

as far as i know the BE 2400 alias 4450e and above are all G2 stepping , the lower clocked BE 2350 alias 4050e are G1 stepping. But im not really sure.
You can look up your serial number at AMD website to find out what stepping your cpu is.

So the G2 is the only stepping available? Seems like its a better stepping from what I've read on the internets.

BE 2400 & 4450e Do those have Diff stepping ?
They are a renamed Chip from each other ?
Got me confused too, Maybe during the process of the renaming some got the sepping of the 4450e but where still named BE 2400 ?

I think they're rated for different TDP wattages. BE-2400 is a 45W part, 4450e is a 65W part, etc.

EDIT: Correction 4450e is a 45W part from what I'm reading.

only G1 left seems to be the BE 2350 , as the 4050e is G2 ,if AMD spec's are correct.Same difference in voltage rating.

How far are people getting on their G2 stepping processors then? I haven't seen many overclock articles on the net so that's why I'm asking.

Back