SteelSeries Kinzu and Xai

xeefus

Limp Gawd
anyone own one of these?
I myself got the Kinzu but I have to say I'm extremely disappointed.
it skipped pixels like no tomorrow at 800CPI / 500Hz (switched to 400CPI and 1000Hz, works just fine now... but I would prefer using 800CPI)

it is said to have negative accel if you're a lowsenser (I play quake, so not for me)

but the major problem is that the mousefeet suck and the mousebuttons have started to doubleclick (after second day of usage.. terrible) instead of single click

anyone else have any of the issues listed above? or completely happy? any issues with the Xai?

cheers

Slightly, OT, but the Ikari Optical is amazing. Extremely light, good feet, clicks are VERY sensitive though. Almost too sensitive until you get used to how little pressure it takes. Now I love it. Very comfortable as well.

quite off topic indeed. I am not a big fan of ergonomic mice but, I haven't heard as many complaints on the Ikari compared to the Kinzu... haha, I just realized the Xai isn't even released yet! well... I wonder if they released the Kinzu before so people could quality test it for them or shit like that... because the buttons really suck.

I got a kinzu about two weeks ago.

I've been using logitech MX500, 510, 518, G5rev1 and G5rev2 ever since the first mx500 came out.

I've got to say I'm enjoying the Kinzu. Getting used to the shape was no problem because I use an intellimouse optical at work.

The feet on mine actually feel better than on my G5. Probably because I swapped mousepad and mouse at the same time (got a steelseries cloth pad).

The mouse feels very responsive. On the fly switching is nice too.

I'm hearing really good things about the XAI. I loved my Ikari laser but the thing didn't even last me a year. so that kind of put me off from SS mice. Either way I just picked up a DA 3G and am loving it. It seems to track better than the Ikari but it is a bit heavier, still not bad, and the lift off distance is much, much higher.

I wonder why they did away with the shape of the Ikari since it is a very comfortable mouse.

Back