SteelSeries 6Gv2 Mechanical Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a standard Dell keyboard to me. What's the difference?

It is mechanical, and therefore I think it clicks rather loudly when you type. The buttons are much more responsive and they have a quite nice feel to them.

The Cherry MX Black switches in this keyboard do not make loud clicks unless/until you bottom the keys out. Cherry MX Blues, on the other hand, make loud clicks while typing whether you bottom them out or not. Cherry Browns are somewhere in between. It's just personal preference and whether you want tactile feedback while typing/gaming. :)

Bump, Love my ABS M1, would buy but don't need another mechanical now :(

The Cherry MX Black switches in this keyboard do not make loud clicks unless/until you bottom the keys out. Cherry MX Blues, on the other hand, make loud clicks while typing whether you bottom them out or not. Cherry Browns are somewhere in between. It's just personal preference and whether you want tactile feedback while typing/gaming. :)

This. I'd have grabbed a Steel Series keyboard if they came with Cherry MX Blue switches. That's the switch type I prefer the most out of the modern mechanical keyboards.

Great keyboard; in fact, I am typing on one right now!

If you take your gaming seriously and want just a slight edge in competitive online games, BUY THIS KEYBOARD.

TL;DR: Bump for mechanical keyboard

It is mechanical, and therefore I think it clicks rather loudly when you type. The buttons are much more responsive and they have a quite nice feel to them.

It is a bit louder than normal keyboards, and definitely not silent like laptop keyboards. But the difference is in the feel and the durability. Most keyboards are rated for 1-5 million keystrokes while many mechanical keyboards are rated at ~20 million keystrokes. This thing feels like a tank too, I could probably use it for self defense. As for feel, for what it's worth, I now constantly double-tap on the caps lock key when I'm not typing cause it feels good and I like seeing the white LED light :p

Yup, in fact I think MX Cherry Black switches are the quietest ones among mechanical switches. This board is designed for gaming, so if you type a lot, you'll probably be better off w/ a brown or blue. But if you game a lot, you'll want the black.

This. I'd have grabbed a Steel Series keyboard if they came with Cherry MX Blue switches. That's the switch type I prefer the most out of the modern mechanical keyboards.

I would, but blues are too loud for me :p

Great keyboard; in fact, I am typing on one right now!

If you take your gaming seriously and want just a slight edge in competitive online games, BUY THIS KEYBOARD.

TL;DR: Bump for mechanical keyboard

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back