Steelrising (developers of Greedfall)

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Steelrising is an action RPG set in the grimy streets of 18th century Paris in the midst of the French Revolution...French developer Spiders has a reputation for ambitious RPGs that are a bit rough around the edges- think Greedfall, The Technomancer and Mars: War Logs, among others

it sounds like Steelrising is pushing further into action, with Spiders CEO Jehanne Rousseau writing that it has "a strong emphasis on fast-paced combat"..."If you have ever played a Souls-like, SteelRising will feel familiar to you"...release date: June 2022 on PlayStation5, Xbox Series X|S and Steam

Steelrising | Gameplay Trailer

Last edited:
Steampunk meets Darksouls kinda risky but if the controls are smooth.

Trailer left me wanting more, it was a lot more intriguing than I expected considering this developer is known for eurojank titles. They've definitely got my attention, wish them the best of luck as some of these euro developers tend to be underfunded working on shoestring budgets.

Main character looks like Susan B. Anthony with a spider on her back.

early previews are very promising...

Steelrising Xbox/PC preview: An intriguing steampunk Soulslike

If you’re into dark, gritty, challenging action RPGs, I highly recommend you keep an eye on this title...and if you’re a casual fan of RPGs who wants to experience the story, but you’re intimidated by the difficulty of Soulslikes, Steelrising has you covered...this game features difficulty options where you can disable losing Anima Essence upon death, reduce the amount of damage you take, improve stamina regeneration, and reduce the penalty of the cooling system so you can play Steelrising however you want...

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/pc-gaming/steelrising-xbox-pc-preview

Looks too hard for me already I'm still chugging Elden Ring. Doesn't look flashy enough for a buy main char is porcelain looks ok but wtf is she fighting?

I like the concept, but it 100% has a Eurojank feel about it. Just like Greedfall did.

I like the concept, but it 100% has a Eurojank feel about it. Just like Greedfall did.

Looks like Euro Junk but you know what I preordered it cause it's the only game to land on my vacation be it the last day.
The weapons looks cool enough to give it a shot.

Looks like Euro Junk but you know what I preordered it cause it's the only game to land on my vacation be it the last day.
The weapons looks cool enough to give it a shot.

No chance I'm giving those devs an interest-free loan based on their previous products. I bought Greedfall after reading reviews and still wish I didn't. Outside of Capcom, From, Rockstar, etc. nobody is getting my money until after release.

I'm not going to pre-order but if reviews are solid I'm in...not too many games I'm interested in coming out soon so it's either this or go into my backlog...Atomic Heart is my most anticipated game remaining for 2022...Gotham Knights I'm on the fence about

Hi everyone,

Steelrising release is right around the corner, on September 8th. It’s even sooner for the lucky ones who pre-ordered the game and will have access to a
closed Beta that will start on August 25th
, in just 2 days!

It's time to tell you everything you need to know about the Beta!

1 – When does the Beta Starts?
It starts on August 25th, at 10am French time.

2- When does the Beta end?
The Beta ends on Wednesday, September 7th. One day before the official release of Steelrising.

3 – How can I play the Beta?
You can play to the Beta by pre-ordering Steelrising Standard or Bastille edition. Both give you access to the beta. In addition, the Bastille Edition also gives you an exclusive weapon and access to our future extension: Cagliostro's Secrets.

Pre-order here: https://steelrising.com/

4 – What is the Beta content?
The Beta gives you access to the first 2 levels of the game.

5- Will my progression be saved at the end of the beta?
No. You will have to start the game from the beginning when the Beta ends.

Interested in playing the Beta? You can still pre-order the game now: https://steelrising.com/

I have the game preordered pretty sure it's going to be decent. Spiders is basically a AA developer with their first shot as a Souls
Clone game.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Steelrising release is right around the corner, on September 8th. It’s even sooner for the lucky ones who pre-ordered the game and will have access to a
closed Beta that will start on August 25th
, in just 2 days!

It's time to tell you everything you need to know about the Beta!

1 – When does the Beta Starts?
It starts on August 25th, at 10am French time.

2- When does the Beta end?
The Beta ends on Wednesday, September 7th. One day before the official release of Steelrising.

they should just call it an Early Access vs Closed Beta...but it's only the first 2 levels...I still need to see reviews before buying this

615x240_Aegis_02.gif

Define your own style and upgrade your abilities as you progress through the game. You can play as a ruthless warrior, a hard-hitting bodyguard, a deadly dancer or a virtuoso of the elemental arts. Take advantage of a wide variety of weapons and skills to approach each fight

Steampunk Clock weapons it's probably from a pervious Boss it doesn't look like a starter weapon.

Last edited:
20220830075936_1.jpg

This game isn't like Greedfall at all character moves around like speed silk visually better than Elden Ring.
You would be hard pressed not to like this game unless your a super game critic.

IGN gave it 6 out of 10 guess they have no taste like PC Gaming magazine.

Reviews tending to be "all over the place" is common for eurojank games. Because some reviewers can enjoy the games despite their clunkiness and some can't for whatever reason, some might have been spoiled by tripleA polished titles from big budget studios. Glass half full or half empty. I've played and enjoyed many eurojank titles over the years so I have no problem giving them a shot.

("eurojank" is not an insult, google it if you don't know what it means)

Have got a couple hours into this and am enjoying it, but it's really taxing as I had to lower everything to Medium at 4K to get around 60 FPS. At Ultra, I was seeing 30 FPS and High was just 40 FPS. Otherwise, it's fun but difficult as just a couple swipes from the enemy robots will kill you. Have been grinding to level up so I can take on the first boss. I'm looking forward to moving past the first level and trying different environments.

steel.jpg

Have got a couple hours into this and am enjoying it, but it's really taxing as I had to lower everything to Medium at 4K to get around 60 FPS. At Ultra, I was seeing 30 FPS and High was just 40 FPS. Otherwise, it's fun but difficult as just a couple swipes from the enemy robots will kill you. Have been grinding to level up so I can take on the first boss. I'm looking forward to moving past the first level and trying different environments.

View attachment 508749
You have a 3090. Just enable DLSS and you can max everything out with no issues.

I didn't realize Steelrising had ray-tracing (ray-traced reflections)...the article says it does come with DLSS

Steelrising PC Performance Analysis

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/steelrising-pc-performance-analysis/
Yes, I didn't think it had DLSS either, but I found it under the Upscaling option.

Unfortunately, even setting it to Performance made virtually no improvement in the FPS at 4K Ultra as evidenced by the framerate counter in the upper right hand corner.

steel1.jpg

I dropped to Ultra at 2560x1600 and with DLSS am getting 60 FPS. It's not quite as detailed but still looks pretty good.
I'm surprised not more people are talking/playing this game, it's really quite good aside from the frustrating nature of the boss battles. I've maxxed out some of my attributes and am still struggling so I guess I just need to find better weapons.

Back