Steelrising (developers of Greedfall)

A brand new patch has been deployed on all platforms, and with it comes changes to Steelrising. Not only the introduction of New Game Plus, arguably the star of this patch, but a balance pass that overall should see the difficulty of the game shift upwards, and some store adjustments that should reduce reliance on cheese strats. Without further ado, let’s have a closer look together!
New Game Plus
This patch adds New Game Plus to Steelrising! It allows you to play the game again on a higher difficulty level while keeping your character’s progress (level, weapons, upgrades etc.).
There’s also new content to discover in New Game Plus:
  • Exclusive weapons to use;
  • A full exclusive outfit to discover;
  • Exclusive enemy variations (new skins, weapons and movesets) to fight.
All you need to do to enjoy the new content is to reach the end of the game. Once you have done so, your save will be automatically able to be converted to a NG+ save (and yes, should you already be at the end of the game, it will do so automatically as well), and a new option in the menu called “New Game Plus” will appear.
Fixes and Improvements
We also took the time to investigate and fix some reported issues, as well as provide improvements to other areas:
  • Fixed the endurance issue while using the Gaia’s Claws special move.
  • Fixed the infinite item glitch.
  • Fixed some Achievement issues:
    • Fixed the “Stabiliser” Achievement.
    • "Fashion Victim” can now be obtained.
    • Using the Assist mode won’t prevent you from unlocking Achievements anymore, and they will be credited retroactively, should you have met the necessary conditions to do so.
  • Fixed various issues related to sidequests.
  • Fixed and improved the cinematics and NPC dialogues.
  • Fixed and improved various audio issues.
  • Improved Aegis running animation.
  • Improvements to the lighting in the game.
  • Other various fixes and improvements.
The patch will also bring some balance changes within the main game for weapons, items, and mobs, mainly:
  • Increased damage, resistances and armor for Bosses.
  • Reduced damage, loot quantity and shop quantity for Grenades.
  • Reduced loot quantity on mobs for Alchemical Ammunitions.
  • Reduced loot quantity on mobs for Life Potions.
  • Reduced damage for the following weapons: Charleville 1789 Shield Musket, Charybdis Fan.
On that note, we hope that you’ll enjoy the new content to its fullest. We can’t wait to read everything you’ll share with us! Let’s dive into the Revolution even more and happy gaming!

ed6b95d695ea386fa5d96c3c4df673604ba3cc04_960x311.png

Did you think you were done with the revolution ? Not yet! The world of Steelrising still has secrets for Aegis to discover.

Mark the date in your calendar :

The New DLC "Cagliostro's Secrets" arrives on November 10th!

This DLC offers players a new level of gameplay, and includes new content:
• 1 level (Hôpital Saint Louis)
• 1 entirely new quest in the main story
• 5 weapons
• 1 boss
• Several new enemies and new variations of existing enemies
• 2 new characters
• New side quests that will invite you to revisit certain levels

In this new quest, you find yourself embroiled in a gripping story involving the King's agent, the Comte de Cagliostro. No one will return unscathed after exploring Hôpital Saint Louis –
a new area whose secrets have been hidden by Louis XVI.

On this dark adventure, where you must outwit Cagliostro's Mesmer-inspired machinery, you will encounter new enemies and unlock new weapons and costumes. Are you ready to discover the shocking truth about the alchemy that powers the King's automatons?

How to play the DLC:

The expansion “Cagliostro's Secrets” becomes accessible once you have progressed past a certain point in the main story. You must have completed the level ''Bastille'' to gain access to the new content.

Players who have reach the end of the game will be able to choose to load their endgame save to be brought back to a previous spot in-game to play the new content instead of loading the credits. Please note that, by doing so, the progress made in Versailles will be lost and you will have to pass the level again in order to eventually play the NG+.

Players who have purchased the Bastille Edition have direct access to the DLC. Otherwise, the DLC will be available as a standalone purchase.

The DLC patch will also bring various fixes and improvements to the game.

The fight continues on November 10th!
Rate Up

Discuss
ss_36bbcf7bf45bd49b32353193dc512f27969ca028.jpg

NEWS
POSTED
Mon, October 3
Steelrising PC FAQ

20221114134021_1.jpg

Where is George? He's in Steelrising!!!

20221114125150_1.jpg

Someone spent lots of time making that shelf.

This game is so weird I think the clanky walking animation drives my ears nuts don't play with Headphones. It's not a hard game if you have the right weapons using the Halberd Gun thing. Basically jumping on top of enemies I think I read on the Steam Forums that Gernades work really good so I bought 15 of those and used all the Amo in my Gun and maybe 10 swings at him.
Basically two hits and you are gone though I think they nerfed the Grenades a bit because damage isn't that good.

Last edited:
Completed this today, the game starts out a bit rough/clunky but once you get the hang of the combat, enemyAI and level design, it starts to click and quickly felt like a game I enjoyed playing. The difficulty is quite lower than most Souls-clones but still serviceable, while the level design is the star of the show. While the environments can sometimes be bland or repetitive, the layouts of the multi-story levels with its shortcuts and secrets are worthy of the Souls genre.

After about an hour of fiddling with the 'fans' (the default agility weapon used in all the trailers), I restarted with a slower hard hitting strength weapon and was immediately enjoying myself a lot more - completed the game with it in fact.
Expect a lot of backtracking if you want to complete all the sidequests as there is no fast travel between bonfires. Also the performance is also subpar for the visuals, there still needs to be some performance patches imo. Overall it surpassed my expectations and I enjoyed the time I spent with it.

Back