Steelcase Leap V2? (NEW OPEN BOX) $299.11

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
https://www.ebay.com/itm/121882349228

Comes with 10 years warranty too.

EDIT:

Seems to be a V1.... not a V2... and new open box might be a refurb... still a good deal I guess and free returns.

EDIT DON'T BUY FROM THESE GUYS see below.

Last edited:

windianrecords

Limp Gawd
NEVER buy from Madison Seating - this exact model is what I purchased and had to send back for various reasons, the main one being it was crooked and the fabric material and padding were not original - felt like a hard burlap sack. Terrible, terrible company and experience.

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
NEVER buy from Madison Seating - this exact model is what I purchased and had to send back for various reasons, the main one being it was crooked and the fabric material and padding were not original - felt like a hard burlap sack. Terrible, terrible company and experience.

haha thanks for the info.. I ended up canceling my order this morning after the iffy picture and description.

windianrecords

Limp Gawd
It bothers me greatly because this has to happen so.so much - I reported them to eBay twice for false listings and got some support team member to come back to me about it saying they'd make them change it and ... of course they didn't! They must make eBay so much money ... We have leaps at work, and I ended up paying full MSRP for a real one, even took pictures of them next to each other - don't have them anymore but its like oh man, how are they even trying to pass this off?

tantalus

Limp Gawd
Actually, never buy used chairs from anywhere in Elizabethtown NJ. There are a bunch of used furniture operators there that have equally bad reviews. I assume they are all the same company, but who knows.

windianrecords

Limp Gawd
Actually, never buy used chairs from anywhere in Elizabethtown NJ. There are a bunch of used furniture operators there that have equally bad reviews. I assume they are all the same company, but who knows.
You aren't wrong - there were some class actions a decade or so ago and they just rebranded - there's a ton of details on reddit about it, which I of course found after I bought the chair :(

gangster

n00b
Had bad luck with them too. Replaced a 20 year old unit that was awesome with a new unit, it was garbage by comparison. Same name and features claimed, but NOT!

Jonnycat99

Limp Gawd
They are $100 or less on the used market, check your local Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.

Krazy925

Supreme [H]ardness
I’m going to buy 2 from Craigslist (leap v2) anything I should look for?

I would have bought two of these as me and the ceo need new chairs.

Jonnycat99

Limp Gawd

Test all of the adjustments (which means you have to learn about all of the adjustments). Look it over and gauge the general look and feel of the chair; it is normal for the writing underneath the armrests to be blurry, but look for sticky mechanisms and torn upholstery, loose base, bad casters, etc. Yes, you can probably get them lubed and/or fixed, but you really shouldn't have to unless they are going for really cheap. I paid $100 for my v1 and it's in great shape with minimal sign of wear (they really are built like tanks).

d50man

2[H]4U
Don’t know what market you’re in but I’ve never seen a Leap v1 or 2 under $250. For one not a pile of garbage that is.
Got my leather leap for $60 the only flaw being an armrest with a scar from bluejean rivets $35 armrest pad and it is good as new before my child gets it.

Blakestr

[H]ard|Gawd

the most important thing out of everything here is to check the label of the chair in the back for its manufacture date - because that's the timeframe of your warranty - Steelcase will honor it and most likely the manufacture date is not the beginning of your warranty that's when it was first sold, I just choose manufacture because at the worst case scenario that's when your warranty would end.

My chair basically had six months left on the warranty - and it's starting to show, I only paid hundred dollars for an it was the Steelcase Leap 2 - I might try getting one again and actually try to get the warranty repairs done.

They are modular though too, so if you get one with a good frame/structure, you can order replacement parts even if you are out of warranty.

d50man

2[H]4U
I am tall and have a bad knee the only thing I would like is a longer hydraulic cylinder for my leap V1

Krazy925

Supreme [H]ardness
Test all of the adjustments (which means you have to learn about all of the adjustments). Look it over and gauge the general look and feel of the chair; it is normal for the writing underneath the armrests to be blurry, but look for sticky mechanisms and torn upholstery, loose base, bad casters, etc. Yes, you can probably get them lubed and/or fixed, but you really shouldn't have to unless they are going for really cheap. I paid $100 for my v1 and it's in great shape with minimal sign of wear (they really are built like tanks).

the most important thing out of everything here is to check the label of the chair in the back for its manufacture date - because that's the timeframe of your warranty - Steelcase will honor it and most likely the manufacture date is not the beginning of your warranty that's when it was first sold, I just choose manufacture because at the worst case scenario that's when your warranty would end.

My chair basically had six months left on the warranty - and it's starting to show, I only paid hundred dollars for an it was the Steelcase Leap 2 - I might try getting one again and actually try to get the warranty repairs done.

They are modular though too, so if you get one with a good frame/structure, you can order replacement parts even if you are out of warranty.
This is great info thanks!

DoubleTap

2[H]4U
I am tall and have a bad knee the only thing I would like is a longer hydraulic cylinder for my leap V1
You need a Leap Plus.

I was able to get a spacer from the dealer that lifted the gas tube from the base by an inch or two. Free of charge.

TrevorR

Gawd
I bought a Herman Miller Aeron from them a few years ago. With the chrome frame and base, wasn’t cheap. But it came as described.

I’d buy from them again.