Steelcase Leap V1 feet glides????

I have a Steelcase Leap V1 chair. I need this chair to be on floor glides, not castors/wheels. I’ve talked to Steelcase and they’ve advised the Leap V1 did not have that option. The Leap V2 does. However I found a Retailer that was looking into it for me further and they contacted Steelcase and confirmed that the floor glides for the Leap V2 do indeed work on the Leap V1. This retailer had their technician try it and it worked but the Steelcase glides are 60mm and caused the chair cylinder to drag on the floor, which would eventually damage the cylinder and hardwood flooring.

Does anyone have any recommendations or experience coming across glides that work to make the Leap V1 stationary and not cause cylinder to be touching the floor? Needs to be taller obviously.

I have a Leap Plus so I don't know if this applies, but I bought it barely used with a couple minor problems - the tech came out and put in a shim/spacer that raised the cylinder up about 1" from the wheel frame.

No idea if this is available on a Leap V1 but I just bought a matching Leap V2 as a "side chair" for my office and the whole wheel base is completely different. You might try to talk to a dealer - ask if they know about the one for the Leap Plus and see if that part is available for your chair too.

Back