Steelcase Leap Sold by Amazon Brand New $731.62

Looks like a cross between the Raynor Ergohuman ME7ERG and the Herman Miller Aeron. It's their love child.

I love my Steelcase gesture. Keep looking for a refurb or deal on those to get a second one.. With regards to the leap, keep in mind there's an original and a v2, and the v1 should be cheaper.

Looks like a cross between the Raynor Ergohuman ME7ERG and the Herman Miller Aeron. It's their love child.
I had the same thoughts when I saw it. I love my ME7ERG. I am in need of a second chair... I wonder how this one feels.

So glad you made this post, I used to work in an office that had one of these and I have been wanting one but didn't know what brand it was! Puts every other chair to shame.

I would imagine there should be a glut of these in used or refurbished condition on the market as commercial offices close.

Careful buying refurb/used, especially from shady places like Madison Seating - theyll use the frame of these chairs but put awful padding and terrible terrible material (like a burlap sack) on them and call it “open box” or “refurbd” and man... you can tell the difference immediately even if youve never sat in a real one.
This is a phenomenal chair, though, both v1 and v2

Careful buying refurb/used, especially from shady places like Madison Seating - theyll use the frame of these chairs but put awful padding and terrible terrible material (like a burlap sack) on them and call it “open box” or “refurbd” and man... you can tell the difference immediately even if youve never sat in a real one.
I emailed them asking specifically they meant by "open box", and they did indeed admit to selling refurbs as "open box". After reading some of the reviews, I passed.

Ended up buying one locally off FBM in good shape for $100. Dude had like 100 different chairs in his house, about a half-dozen leaps.

Basically every office furniture dealer on Ebay or the web that's from Elizabeth NJ is connected. And they are all really terrible. Look at BBB and their reviews. Some people get what they want, most don't. And the return policy is terrible, even if you don't get what you paid for. This is true for Madison Seating as well (whose BBB address is in Brooklyn).

I bought a Leap Plus about 5 years ago for $700 (half price) - it was basically brand new with a minor tilt issue so it never got used.

Called the dealer - they sent a tech across town to check it out, came back in a week with a part and it's good as new. No charge of course because they have a 10yr warranty.

Problem I have now is that the arms started to wear and my kid picked at the foam and made it way worse.

Lots of after market arms but I want original and it's very hard to find....

1606244591979.png

Last edited:
I bought a Leap Plus about 5 years ago for $700 (half price) - it was basically brand new with a minor tilt issue so it never got used.

Called the dealer - they sent a tech across town to check it out, came back in a week with a part and it's good as new. No charge of course because they have a 10yr warranty.

Problem I have now is that the arms started to wear and my kid picked at the foam and made it way worse.

Lots of after market arms but I want original and it's very hard to find....

Been looking to replace the arms on my leap as well but impossible to find. Tempted to find some slightly beat ones on craigslist to use for parts.

Been looking to replace the arms on my leap as well but impossible to find. Tempted to find some slightly beat ones on craigslist to use for parts.
I just called the dealer in Austin - they are the ones that originally serviced the chair and the manager said they could order arms for me.

I got my Steelcase Gesture replaced with a brand new one a long while ago. Part of the seat was coming off. They were going to just send me the part but I didn't feel like I could change it out easily myself. So they ended up sending me a while new chair!

Talk about service. Herman Miller won't do that.

I love my 10 year warranty.

oh wow, heh! glad i read that, on amazon right now for way cheaper. glad i did jump on it!

Back