SteamVR Has Been Updated with Bug Fixes and Assets

cageymaru

Fully [H]
SteamVR has been updated with a lot of bug fixes and a reprojection and timing update as Valve says that they have "improved the smoothness and reliability of the reprojection system. More improvements are planned." The performance of the compositor distortion renderer has been increased by 15%. Even SteamVR under Linux received substantial fixes as async reprojection was enabled for AMD graphics cards. A new area to explore in SteamVR Home called the Gulping Goat has been added. It also has an all new asset pack associated with the release.

SteamVR Input: Performance improvements in the input system. Vive Controller Firmware: Compatibility with new frequency and amplitude based haptics API. Vive Tracker: Fixed Vive Tracker support in Duck Season, Tactical AR, American Dream, Operation Warcade, and Arizona Sunshine. Enhanced the advanced frame timing window with several additional graph lines showing state of the new reprojection system (see below)

How about fixing that Vive Pro audio corruption everyone's got that requires restarting the headset 2-3 times.

i finally got the wireless setup for my vive pro last night. The battery is all charged and ready to play tonight. Plus windows did its update last night.

i finally got the wireless setup for my vive pro last night. The battery is all charged and ready to play tonight. Plus windows did its update last night.

Is it worth the effort? I'm a little weary of jumping into the first gen wireless. I haven't tried too many vr titles yet though, maybe I'll run into one that causes me to twist up the cable.

Back