Steam’s Winter Sale Is Here

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by Megalith, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Megalith

Megalith 24-bit/48kHz Staff Member

Steam’s holiday sale has begun. You have until January 4 to find something compelling to buy, but if your backlog is already full, you can hit up the store anyway to cast your vote for The Steam Awards. There will be a new category to vote on each day of the sale.

2. bugleyman

bugleyman [H]ard|Gawd

Time to buy more games I'll never find time to play... :p

Hop-Scotch, MatthewK, MrDeaf and 4 others like this.
  3. causticspill

causticspill Limp Gawd

Finally picked up ROTTR DLC, DOOM, and XCOM2 from CDkeys earlier this Merry Dealsmas. Sorry Steam, combine those with the regular backlog and I'm good for a while. I'll probably play your card game for nickels and dimes again though.

4. Burticus

Burticus 2[H]4U

Some of the sale prices are "OK" but most are still too high for my liking. Seeing plenty of stuff I've seen on Humble Bundle / Fanatical / CDkeys etc for a lot less.

That "Depth" game kind of looks interesting but not for $5. Sharks vs divers, reminds me of Left 4 Dead.

Bridge Constructer : Portal is $10... hmmmm. So much backlog already, I think I'll wait for $5 or less on that one.

edit - Stardew Valley is $10... I just read about that one in a book I'm reading called "Blood and Pixels". Looks like an SNES game (I get that is the point, I just don't care about retro looking stuff) or an android phone game.

and PUBG now at "1.0" is still $30. Pass.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  5. steakman1971

steakman1971 2[H]4U

This might be the first year I skip the Steam sale. My backlog is already ridiculous. I don't have much free time. I also get good deals on occasion from GOG, Humble Bundle, etc. Really wasn't any games I was jonesing for.

Burticus likes this.
  6. Burticus

Burticus 2[H]4U

I feel ya. My backlog has to be in the hundreds, and there is actually stuff in there I want to play....eventually. I signed up for the monthly Humble Bundle just to get 1 or 2 games and it's been throwing gas on my backlog fire. What is wrong with us, LOL. Like an obsession with collecting baseball cards that we never take out of the box or something.

7. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

My thoughts too. Unless there is a really good deal on the Metro Redux games or Shadow of Mordor (the first one) I don't really see myself buying anything.

8. STrAYeR

STrAYeR Limp Gawd

Well it's a toss up between Ass Creed Origins or Shadow of War or maybe Phantom Pain.

9. MacLeod

MacLeod [H]ardness Supreme

Wolfenstein II and Prey are both 50% off. I picked them both up. Strange to see pretty new releases to be half off on the first day of the sale. I'm not complaining.

10. Dr. Righteous

Dr. Righteous 2[H]4U

Wow, that is what I was going to post word for word.
    I think we need a intervention. :eek:

bugleyman likes this.
  11. kirbyrj

kirbyrj [H]ard as it Gets

I just played through AC Origins. Pretty fun game overall. I think you can get a slightly better deal from uPlay though.

12. Design1stcode2nd

Design1stcode2nd Gawd

Hellblade is still only 25% off I'm waiting for more before I pick it up.

13. steakman1971

steakman1971 2[H]4U

I checked out the sale against my wish list (which is 530 titles - I really don't know what most are at this point!). I did see a few that I might pick up, but most aren't that great.
    Call me crazy - but I liked the old style Steam sale where it changed on a daily basis. However, I think they said there sales were up quite a bit by doing it the new way. Can't argue with them.

14. CombatChrisNC

CombatChrisNC [H]ard|Gawd

Alien Isolation and FO4 GoTY are being considered....

15. braamer

braamer [H]ard|Gawd

16. kledar586

kledar586 [H]ard|Gawd

Guess I'll pick up Everspace

Un4GiveN26 likes this.