Steam’s Winter Sale Is Here

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Steam’s holiday sale has begun. You have until January 4 to find something compelling to buy, but if your backlog is already full, you can hit up the store anyway to cast your vote for The Steam Awards. There will be a new category to vote on each day of the sale.

Finally picked up ROTTR DLC, DOOM, and XCOM2 from CDkeys earlier this Merry Dealsmas. Sorry Steam, combine those with the regular backlog and I'm good for a while. I'll probably play your card game for nickels and dimes again though.

Some of the sale prices are "OK" but most are still too high for my liking. Seeing plenty of stuff I've seen on Humble Bundle / Fanatical / CDkeys etc for a lot less.

That "Depth" game kind of looks interesting but not for $5. Sharks vs divers, reminds me of Left 4 Dead.

Bridge Constructer : Portal is $10... hmmmm. So much backlog already, I think I'll wait for $5 or less on that one.

edit - Stardew Valley is $10... I just read about that one in a book I'm reading called "Blood and Pixels". Looks like an SNES game (I get that is the point, I just don't care about retro looking stuff) or an android phone game.

and PUBG now at "1.0" is still $30. Pass.

Last edited:
This might be the first year I skip the Steam sale. My backlog is already ridiculous. I don't have much free time. I also get good deals on occasion from GOG, Humble Bundle, etc. Really wasn't any games I was jonesing for.

This might be the first year I skip the Steam sale. My backlog is already ridiculous. I don't have much free time. I also get good deals on occasion from GOG, Humble Bundle, etc. Really wasn't any games I was jonesing for.

I feel ya. My backlog has to be in the hundreds, and there is actually stuff in there I want to play....eventually. I signed up for the monthly Humble Bundle just to get 1 or 2 games and it's been throwing gas on my backlog fire. What is wrong with us, LOL. Like an obsession with collecting baseball cards that we never take out of the box or something.

My thoughts too. Unless there is a really good deal on the Metro Redux games or Shadow of Mordor (the first one) I don't really see myself buying anything.

Well it's a toss up between Ass Creed Origins or Shadow of War or maybe Phantom Pain.

Wolfenstein II and Prey are both 50% off. I picked them both up. Strange to see pretty new releases to be half off on the first day of the sale. I'm not complaining.

Well it's a toss up between Ass Creed Origins or Shadow of War or maybe Phantom Pain.

I just played through AC Origins. Pretty fun game overall. I think you can get a slightly better deal from uPlay though.

I checked out the sale against my wish list (which is 530 titles - I really don't know what most are at this point!). I did see a few that I might pick up, but most aren't that great.
Call me crazy - but I liked the old style Steam sale where it changed on a daily basis. However, I think they said there sales were up quite a bit by doing it the new way. Can't argue with them.

Back