Steam Winter Sale

I ended up selling my Que cards and getting 2.00 for them so I used that to buy Kingdoms of amalur. for $3.00.

Witcher 2 is $2.99 till Jan 4. Great deal for someone who hasn't played it yet.

Witcher 2 is $2.99 till Jan 4. Great deal for someone who hasn't played it yet.
That is a damn good deal. What drives me insane is that the Witcher 2 has better graphics than the Witcher 3 in certain areas like foliage.

Ryse is the only game I bought so

Then I'm downloading Age of Conan which is free to play but I never got into it the first time around.

Bastion ($3.74) and more importantly Transistor ($3.99) seem pretty awesome. I might just have to pick them up but I don't like the fact that they are locked to 60fps and have a max resolution of 1080p.

Bastion is fantastic. Debating on Transistor.

I own Transistor and it's pretty forgettable but for $4 I'd still recommend it. Bastion is, indeed, fantastic. The Transistor soundtrack is pretty good, but again, not as good at Bastion.

I'm playing Bastion now. Feel like I'm playing an NES game that my youthful self would have been more comfortable with.

So... My new monitor won't be in for another week or so and I'm looking for a game to play where graphics don't really matter (I'll be playing at 900p until my new 1440p ships).

What do you guys think of Kerbal Space Program for $24???

Personally never got the draw of bastion, it just didn't seem as great as people make it out to be. It's not horrible or anything but it didn't seem great to me at all.

So far I've bought Final Fantasy XIII-2, LEGO Batman Trilogy, and finally a copy of LEGO Indiana Jones for my little brother since I spotted it on his wishlist.

Currently debating picking up the Crysis collection....

Got some Steam credit, really thinking about Dying Light but I'd need friends to play with me.

So... My new monitor won't be in for another week or so and I'm looking for a game to play where graphics don't really matter (I'll be playing at 900p until my new 1440p ships).

What do you guys think of Kerbal Space Program for $24???

KSP is worth it at full price IMO. Having a sale is just gravy.

FTL has given me many hours so far of excitement, frustration, depression, and anxiety. Pretty good $3.99 buy.

Ryse is really good Fyi plays like God of War took out hordes of Barbarians with a crossbow at the start while exploding oil barrels so it's just not a button mash combat game.

Just seen a game called Devilian looks really good came out this month.

FTL has given me many hours so far of excitement, frustration, depression, and anxiety. Pretty good $3.99 buy.

Loved that game, and then found a "hack" to essentially remove the pursuit of the fleet, which allows you to take your time. While it does change one of the key mechanics of the game it still is quite fun, plus it makes it more likely to unlock all those extra ships!

Just picked up Alien: Iso...Full package!. $30! cant wait to get home and slay some Aliens!

You're thinking of AvP and Colonial Marines. Isolation is a survival-thriller (I can't really call it survival horror, since it's more of a thriller). May be a lot of death in the game...but it won't be you killing the Xeno...it'll be it killing you :p.

You're thinking of AvP and Colonial Marines. Isolation is a survival-thriller (I can't really call it survival horror, since it's more of a thriller). May be a lot of death in the game...but it won't be you killing the Xeno...it'll be it killing you :p.

Exactly. If you're looking to slay Aliens, Isolation is not your game. It's an awesome game indeed, but you're going to spend most of your time hiding from the Alien.

Had $20 in credit on steam for 12 months now... finally picked up a couple games:

Out Of The Park baseball sim... pretty fun if you enjoy sports sims (I spent 2 hours the first night trying to trade CJ Wilson to dump his overpriced contract, still no luck! haha)
Legend of Grimrock 2

I have Dark Souls 2 without dlc... tempted to get the upgrade but still annoyed we have to pay for better graphic update.

Cheers to everyone, going to play some this weekend and drink some GOOD Stone Beers!!! :cool:

it shows the Batman Arkham franchise as being on sale but Arkham Knight is not showing any discount...same with the DLC...all the other Arkham games show a discounted price

it shows the Batman Arkham franchise as being on sale but Arkham Knight is not showing any discount...same with the DLC...all the other Arkham games show a discounted price

Could be they just don't want stir the nest again. Arkham Knight PC is still broken in many ways.

Could be they just don't want stir the nest again. Arkham Knight PC is still broken in many ways.

Agreed. I'm beginning to think the only way to play that unoptimized mess will be with brute force.

If anyone is going to buy Alien Isolation, its only $12 to prepurchase the humble February monthly bundle and you unlock it immediately.

I've been looking for something to buy from the winter sale, but can't find anything yet... :)

If anyone is going to buy Alien Isolation, its only $12 to prepurchase the humble February monthly bundle and you unlock it immediately.

Thank You! I have been holding off on this game, and love to purchase through the Humble site. Thumbs up to you sir.

Bought Dark Souls 2 SOTFS upgrade since it was only $10, but after playing a while trying to rebuild my old character, I am pretty much done lol. I think it's now officially shelved now that I have hit the Tower area. I just don't want to grind this area till they stop spawning again. :eek:

Sickb0y maintained a much better thread than this one.

I will cover the next sale for sure I just felt there was nothing to cover with the daily deals, flash deals, and community choice all gone :/ Valve took the fun out of the sale :(

Just when I thought steam sales couldn't get any worse. This is quite possibly the worst sale ever.
Bought only one game.

Just when I thought steam sales couldn't get any worse. This is quite possibly the worst sale ever.
Bought only one game.

Perhaps it is because you have a huge backlog? It could get to the point that you already have pretty much every game you want.

Perhaps it is because you have a huge backlog? It could get to the point that you already have pretty much every game you want.

Every sale it seems more and more people complain... I suspect you are probably right. Every time our backlog gets bigger and bigger. Either we already have the games we want, leaving nothing to buy, or else we just have so many games to play that the lack of need diminishes the value of something new. In past years, as I built my backlog up, I really looked forward to Steam sales. Now, I don't anymore. The games I really want, I tend to buy on release. Games that I have a "wait for the sale" opinion on I'm tending more and more to just skip now. I have so much shit to play though.

Actually bought more games than I thought I would,

Ass Creed: Black Flag $7.49
Invisible, Inc. $9.99
Renowned Explorers: International Society $11.99
Dying Light $20

Hidden gem would have to go to Invisible Inc. It's a must buy for people who like turn based rogue likes with an emphasis on stealth gameplay.

Also having a lot of fun playing Dying Light with a friend.

Back