Steam Winter Sale

^ That's a pretty well hung dad. Fitting for a lumberjack I suppose.

I have never bought a game on Steam. If I buy a game there is it attached to my steam account, or is it completely separate and I could give it to a friend?

When you check out it asks whether the game is for your account or a gift. If it's a gift, you can gift the game by entering a friend's Steam ID or email (I think - it's been a while).

Got Tomb Raider for $2.99 since I wasn't interested in any of the games in the Humble Bundle. I'll eventually get to it since I've read so many good reviews on the game.

I think the counter keeps running even after you pause the game and Alt+Tab out. 1500 hours can't be right. The game released on Sept 2. If you do the math, that would mean that if they picked it up the very first day it released, they've spent roughly 12 hours a day (every day) playing it. I highly doubt that...

You say that like Shower With Your Dad isn't a good game. :(

OK a game with depth (which I assume this doesn't have). That said, you're right about alt tabbing out. I've done that in games and found out it showed me playing it the entire time, even though I was watch a movie.

Quake Live has gone to a purchase model. $1.99 currently.

Does anyone even play this game anymore?

I want to pick up Life Is Strange which looks pretty cool from the trailers I watched but I'm broke :p

I'm on the fence about tomb raider also. I beat it on 360 and will probably never play it again. But it was a great experience and I have exactly $2.99 in my Steam wallet coincidentally.

I'm on the fence about tomb raider also. I beat it on 360 and will probably never play it again. But it was a great experience and I have exactly $2.99 in my Steam wallet coincidentally.

Would it make you feel better if I told you she looks hotter in the PC version?

Got in for Euro truck simulator 2 and Train Simulator 2016 with the dlc. Pretty good deals for the amount of play time I will get out of them.

Looks like Steam & Origin sites are under attack right now :rolleyes:. Close and log back in has about a 50% chance of working from what I see. Not horrible, but slightly annoying.

This is the worst steam sale to date. With no daily deals, just a few fixed price cuts. Most of which are not enough to make me buy anything. Not even things that I actively wish to play.

This is the worst steam sale to date. With no daily deals, just a few fixed price cuts. Most of which are not enough to make me buy anything. Not even things that I actively wish to play.

It seems to have gone downhill ever since they decided to change the layout of steam just for the sake of change. Seriously, they went from relatively easy to navigate to this piece of shit recommendation junk.

It seems to have gone downhill ever since they decided to change the layout of steam just for the sake of change. Seriously, they went from relatively easy to navigate to this piece of shit recommendation junk.

agreed. The new "curators" and "explore your queue" crap, is just what it is: crap.

It's absolutely hateful and useless.

Yes.
One more benefit from it that I just realized.

We won't be missing deals because of ddos (like right now...) denying people access to the site.

Yes.
One more benefit from it that I just realized.

We won't be missing deals because of ddos (like right now...) denying people access to the site.

There is one benefit surely. I won't spend any more money after day 1 of the sale, as there is nothing else to buy.

I don't know if this has come up or not but there is a really good reason for no daily deals. Steam introduced refunds. It makes zero sense to have to deal with a ton of refunds just because they changed the price for a few hours. Flash sales and daily deals are gone for good.

I think the lost benefit of having the rotating deals is it gave people a reason to come back each day. The only reason to look at these type of sales two days from now as opposed to two days ago is if you forgot there was a sale.
While certainly it will be argued either "wait until the last day...", "you have to be ___ to buy flash sales" or "refunds make it pointless" etc, the truth is if there is different content each day people are more likely to come back and look.

I'm curious why they still have server crashes at 1PM when nothing changes other than the stupid queue click whoring resetting.

Steam website is showing up in another language for me...I read online that some hacker group was planning a DDoS attack on Christmas Day...looks like Steam itself is having issues connecting

Steam website is showing up in another language for me...I read online that some hacker group was planning a DDoS attack on Christmas Day...looks like Steam itself is having issues connecting

Yeah I've seen the language and the currency type change twice. Also when I click on a game page it will give me some random other persons wish list in the corner I can click on and view.

lol, and apparently there are a bunch of people posting to my profile complaining that they only see my account.
Gt4j8wO.png

Yeah I've seen the language and the currency type change twice. Also when I click on a game page it will give me some random other persons wish list in the corner I can click on and view.

hopefully they don't have the ability to delete games or worse on another person's account...I'm also seeing another person's account/wishlist plus different currency/language...either way I'm not logging on until this is sorted out...will view as a guest for now

I think consensus was something with caching that may or may not have been worsened by the dos.
Either way its back up now, changed my password anyway.

Think I might get Skyrim but not sure I will like it. The last Elder Scrolls game I played was Oblivion and I never made it more then 30 minutes into the game before I stopped playing. So if I was bored/not interested in Oblivion, will I feel the same with Skyrim?

What is wrong with you.

I played Oblivion for a massive number of hours.. I think I played through the storyline at least 3 times.

I just picked up Skyrim Legendary (includes the DLC) today even though I have played through it before.

They should have taken the entire site offline. After I logged in, I could see and explore two other user's accounts, as if I were logged in as them. That is a GIGANTIC security issue.

Makes me happy that quite some time ago I removed all saved CC information from Steam. It's not too difficult to manually enter said details, and it's saved me a few times from binge-buying.

Back