Steam Winter Sale

Think GTAV will be cheaper by spring? I would get it now but I'm 20 hrs into FO4 with another 100+ to go. Would't get to another game for a few months. I cant play 2 games at the same time and chew gum

Don't chew gum. Easy solution ;)

I know what roma is saying though, I really detest playing more than 1 game at a time as well.

anyone have "legend of grimrock" or "never alone"? I'm considering picking those 2 up today when I get home.

RAGE (I have to see what the fuss was all about),

It seems really normal to me with today's hardware. More eye candy, but a lot like Borderlands. Maybe it just struggled on a 580 in 2011 and most people didn't even have that level of card.

Picked up Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition for $1.49. That'll be a nice follow up to Dust to satisfy my platformer diet.

Going to pick up Rage (after having enjoyed Mad Max and Borderlands 1 and 2), and probably The Testament of Sherlock Holmes. Already picked up LA Noire and GTA IV in the Humble Bundle sale. For those that haven't played it, I'd recommend Ori and the Blind Forest, which I've seen mentioned in this thread a couple of times.

Last edited:
Going to pick up Rage (after having enjoyed Mad Max and Borderlands 1 and 2), and probably Sherlock Holmes: Last Testament. Already picked up LA Noire and GTA IV in the Humble Bundle sale. For those that haven't played it, I'd recommend Ori and the Blind Forest, which I've seen mentioned in this thread a couple of times.

Oh good call. I think I'll buy Sherlock as well. I'm looking forward to Ori but I know it's going to sell less than $12 soon especially with the "definitive edition" coming

It seems really normal to me with today's hardware. More eye candy, but a lot like Borderlands. Maybe it just struggled on a 580 in 2011 and most people didn't even have that level of card.

The criticism didn't really have much to do with how it ran...it was primarily 1) the horrible texture thrashing due to megatextures and 2) the game itself was just horribly mediocre.

Oh good call. I think I'll buy Sherlock as well.

Unfortunately, SH: Crime and Punishment is still $14.99, I think. The other Sherlock Holmes games are selling for a lot less, but don't look as interesting to me, and the graphics look a lot older than in Crime and Punishment.

The criticism didn't really have much to do with how it ran...it was primarily 1) the horrible texture thrashing due to megatextures and 2) the game itself was just horribly mediocre.

I finished Rage and thought it was a fun ride.

Unfortunately, SH: Crime and Punishment is still $14.99, I think. The other Sherlock Holmes games are selling for a lot less, but don't look as interesting to me, and the graphics look a lot older than in Crime and Punishment.

Testament is $5

GTV V @35.99 - is it worth it? I've played it a while back on PS3 back in a the day, but I'm wondering how the online gameplay is?

It's cheaper on Greenmangaming. Listed price is 35.99 but you can use a 20% off coupon to drop it to 28.00

coupon: XMAS20-PERGMG-SVINGS

i'm going to pick up Pinball Arcade Season 3 for half off. It's as close as you'll get to pinball without the actual machines.[/QUOTE

Well its not really close at all. Now this close, it's my Custom Digital Pinball Machine running Visual Pinball/ Future Pinball, Pinball Fx2. Too much in it to list but once you see it running on my 3 screen setup with a working plunger/lighting/shaker motor/knocker/full blown stereo System take a look. Here is Ac/Dc running

Ac/Dc https://youtu.be/OngUtG68SlQ

Woot Arkham Origin is actually on sale. Been waiting for a while to pick that up.

i'm going to pick up Pinball Arcade Season 3 for half off. It's as close as you'll get to pinball without the actual machines.[/QUOTE

Well its not really close at all. Now this close, it's my Custom Digital Pinball Machine running Visual Pinball/ Future Pinball, Pinball Fx2. Too much in it to list but once you see it running on my 3 screen setup with a working plunger/lighting/shaker motor/knocker/full blown stereo System take a look. Here is Ac/Dc running

Ac/Dc https://youtu.be/OngUtG68SlQ

Looks nice. I haven't done VP in a few years, but I seem to recall that I liked the physics a bit better on PA. Ultimately, my goal is to buy a table. Had one 10 years ago, but moved out of state and didn't want to move it, so I sold the ToM

Tomb Raider for $2.99. Great deal for the 1% that might not have it already.

Remember Me for $5.99. I enjoyed that one. Kind of stylish, and interesting. Not terribly long, several hours, but not dozens of hours. Same developer as Life is Strange.

Spec Ops: The Line is another interesting game for $5.99.

Rage was OK, it just got started and then it ended. Was like there was only one act out of a three act play.

SInce you guys keep talking about it I've gotta say it, Rage sucks. I've actually forced myself to play through the game twice, I really wanted to like it but it sucks. I wish I had never bought it but I totally get when people want it to be a good game. I wanted it to be a good game too.

Used the Steam gift card I got from the [H] Secret Santa and picked up
Mad Max
Ryse
Wolfenstien The Old Blood
Alien Isolation

I'm only looking out for 1 game this sale- SOMA

My nucka.

As far as RAGE, guys there is no definitive opinion on the game. Some enjoyed it for what it was, others hated it. Go figure that there are differing opinions on a game. Every time RAGE comes up and people start commenting it reminds me of Doom 3, LA Noire, and numerous other polarizing games.

I think RAGE is a solid buy for $5. At that price there's really not much to complain about. For $50-$60, meh. It had its flaws but I found it fun and the game world very cool. Everything from bright signs and desert towns to creepy hospitals and factories.

Used the Steam gift card I got from the [H] Secret Santa and picked up
Mad Max
Ryse
Wolfenstien The Old Blood
Alien Isolation

A solid loadout there, sir! (Except for Ryse, I don't know much about it and it doesn't get talked about here very often). Looks cool, though. And the other titles rock!

Waiting for Warhammer Vermintide to hit $20 or so, picked up pillars of eternity finally

Been playing the demo of Chaos Reborn, seems cool but there doesn't seem to be very many players, I keep running into the same guy(s). I see its on sale, anyone here plays?

I tried getting into it twice...played several hours each time and just couldn't.

I hear that. Took me about 4 tries over 6 years to get into mirrors edge. Finally gave it a chance and finished it a few days ago.

I'm waiting for Helldiver's digital deluxe to drop, c'mooon discount.

Reading the reviews for Shower with your dad. One of the guys has 1,500+ hours on the game :eek:

Reading the reviews for Shower with your dad. One of the guys has 1,500+ hours on the game :eek:

Not even in a good game do I have 1500 hours...well maybe Everquest, but I havne't played that in almost 10 years.

I think the counter keeps running even after you pause the game and Alt+Tab out. 1500 hours can't be right. The game released on Sept 2. If you do the math, that would mean that if they picked it up the very first day it released, they've spent roughly 12 hours a day (every day) playing it. I highly doubt that...

Not even in a good game do I have 1500 hours...well maybe Everquest, but I havne't played that in almost 10 years.

You say that like Shower With Your Dad isn't a good game. :(

Shower with your dad is a pretty fun quick and go type of game a must get.

7A80BDAC52E6F74C8CEA3EAADEA6B54928F002F5

Back