Steam Winter Sale starts on the 22nd of December.

Pretty disappointed with VR game sales...mostly like 10-20% off, if at all.

There are a few titles I might pick up but...meh overall

Yea, I was at least hoping for Job Simulator to get some kind of discount, it wasn't on sale during the August sale either.

Yea, I was at least hoping for Job Simulator to get some kind of discount, it wasn't on sale during the August sale either.

I don't think Job Simulator has ever been on sale. At least, not on Steam.

I was expecting a little better, maybe a few 50% off VR games but nothing popular is really on that great of a sale.

BTW - Arizona Sunshine is just under $30 on cdkeys.com right now if you are looking at getting that.

I wanted to buy the valve complete pack which is only $13 now, but they wont let me buy it as a gift, sucks. I usually like to buy those and give them out to people to get them started on steam.

Is Project CARS worth getting? I'm not really a hardcore sim racer fan, but I do enjoy more arcade-y racing games. Also appears to work with VR so that is a consideration.

If I get Skyrim Legendary edition. Will I still get the special edition for free?

Thank god thi started. My five year old wants GTA V. I don't feel like spending $60.

Sales became quite meh. I see prices are about the same as they were two weeks ago during the bf sale.

I finally got around to grabbing dark souls 3, didn't really like the first one. I'm hoping it'll give me something to do over Christmas :)

Is Project CARS worth getting? I'm not really a hardcore sim racer fan, but I do enjoy more arcade-y racing games. Also appears to work with VR so that is a consideration.
I dislike car sims as well, it's reasonably fun to play with a gamepad. It's definitely more simmy then the games I usually play (prefer rally ones).
10 bucks for the base game sounds like a good deal to try it out.

Pcars is kinda shitty, complete lack of support, seriously obvious gpu bias, no current steam features like cloud saving so the game will randomly crash and wipe your saves and shit liek that. If you like casual racing, check out grid autosport.

looks like DDOS on steam... seams every sale someone enjoys disturbing my Christmas steam spending spree

Dirt Rally any good or worth getting? I really liked Dirt 3

its a different type of game, great fun but I would check out the videos before you decide if you'll like it. since its a much more hardcore rally game than dirt3 (I don't know if 'd classify dirt3 even as a rally game)

DIRT RALLY is a sim.

I have played it four hours or so. I don't like it. It's extremely difficult to drive, they give you a crap car to start, and if you damage your car in races you have pay to get it fixed for the next race which means you don't have money to buy a new car. I'm four hours in and I'm still on the craptastic original car with almost enough money to buy an upgraded vehicle. You go off the road you might bust your radiator, you might blow out a tire, you might damage your fender -- whatever that all slows you down. You go too far off the road and they automatically deduct a HUGE portion of time so you can't win. You restart the race, that'll cost you 1,000 credits too. So basically unless you are really good at racing games --- you are punished ever so severly. I've pretty much given up on the game. My style racing game --- which I enjoy ever so much more is like a Burnout, Carmageddon, or even NFS series game. Cars feel MUCH faster and the game is forgiving and 'fun'. I hate memorizing courses to shave .5 seconds off my time to advance like some of these sims. (not that dirt rally is that bad) but it is definitely more sim like.

DIRT RALLY is a sim.

I have played it four hours or so. I don't like it. It's extremely difficult to drive, they give you a crap car to start, and if you damage your car in races you have pay to get it fixed for the next race which means you don't have money to buy a new car. I'm four hours in and I'm still on the craptastic original car with almost enough money to buy an upgraded vehicle. You go off the road you might bust your radiator, you might blow out a tire, you might damage your fender -- whatever that all slows you down. You go too far off the road and they automatically deduct a HUGE portion of time so you can't win. You restart the race, that'll cost you 1,000 credits too. So basically unless you are really good at racing games --- you are punished ever so severly. I've pretty much given up on the game. My style racing game --- which I enjoy ever so much more is like a Burnout, Carmageddon, or even NFS series game. Cars feel MUCH faster and the game is forgiving and 'fun'. I hate memorizing courses to shave .5 seconds off my time to advance like some of these sims. (not that dirt rally is that bad) but it is definitely more sim like.
Sounds like work not play! thanks for the review!

Lizard-Squad.jpg

Are they taking credit for it? Here I thought Steam was more hardened to such things.

Fuckin steam......get your shit together. Just bought a gift card & can't use it because their offline.

I kinda was thinking of getting Sleeping Dogs remastered or definitive edition. Anybody have this ? Is it much improved?

Dirt Rally any good or worth getting? I really liked Dirt 3
As mentioned above, it's more RBR then Dirt 3. If you're looking for something Dirt-like then give WRC4 or WRC6 (night races do suck) a whirl.

I kinda was thinking of getting Sleeping Dogs remastered or definitive edition. Anybody have this ? Is it much improved?
It's prettier looking, and comes with all the DLC.

I guess I'm the exception to the rule, because I prefer the new sale system. No more worrying whether this is the lowest price or not. Just check isthereanydeal.com and if it looks good I buy it.

I picked up 7 days to die, Rebel Galaxy and Cities: Skylines (plus afterdark DLC)

I finally bit on DOOM, Dragon's Dogma and Borderlands 2.

That should keep me going for awhile.

Thank god thi started. My five year old wants GTA V. I don't feel like spending $60.

I was under the impression GTA V was for like 13 or 14+ ??

My 5 year old just wants cat-in-the-hat & paw patrol stuff.

I was under the impression GTA V was for like 13 or 14+ ??

My 5 year old just wants cat-in-the-hat & paw patrol stuff.

I replied pretty quickly that there's a "family mod". He likes trains...

Back