Steam Winter Sale starts on the 22nd of December.

I agree with others who have said they liked it better with the flash sales and such. They seemed to have had better deals. I used to buy stuff for the heck of it. Now I can't find anything to buy. I liked getting games for $2 or $3. A game on sale for $29 that's usually $49 does not grab my attention.
Sure, but games that sell for that much are typically pretty new and those were never on sale for 75% off.
Not sure when the change occurred now, but Civ V has gone down to 7.49 virtually every sale from 2013-present.
GTA IV is slightly more the last few sales (though considering how much of a PITA it is to run on Windows 10, I think it's overpriced at any price).
7 Days to die is typically on sale for 9-10 bucks. It's much less than it was in 2014.

you can definitely find better deals elsewhere at times, but that was always the case. There's a reason why sites like isthereanydeal.com exist and include prices from dozens of sites.

Age of Empire 2 HD
Age of Empires 3 complete
Age of Mythology
GTA 3
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
Stardew Valley

Believe it or not, I have never played a Grand Theft Auto game...ever. For $9, I thought I would see what all the fuss is about.
If I recall the last time I had an tickle for some oldie GTA, 3 was a pretty bad console port (issues with uncapping the frame rate above 30).

Oh don't take that as a "Don't play this game" just letting you know.
It is a fun one (and unfortunately the only one with an opera radio station), but I am kind of biased from playing the whole series :)

Normally, the summer and winter Steam sale threads have dozens if not scores of pages of posts. This one petered out at 3. I guess the sales weren't that good. I found better deals on GMG and CD Keys. Steam needs to up their game!

Think it's more that there just isn't much out there that people want, at least nothing has grabbed my attention in a long time.

Picked up Sleeping Dogs and Call of Juareze Gunslinger.. just saw Duskers is on sale after the fact and may pick that up.

If I recall the last time I had an tickle for some oldie GTA, 3 was a pretty bad console port (issues with uncapping the frame rate above 30).
I gave it a shot about a year ago and it was pretty wonky. San Andreas has some issues as well but it's passable. Rockstar should consider remastering these games for the PC.

Picked up

Witcher 3
Hyper Light Drifter
RE6 for the wife
Megaman Collections
Mighty No. 9.

I dont see what is so bad about MN9. sure its not a perfect MMX spin off but till Kenji's team Matures its a pretty damn good try. Can anyone recommend me good Metroid Vania/Megaman style games?

Wasteland 2 (but not Steam!)
Shadows of Mordor

And I likely won't have time to play them much even. I'm still working on FO:NV, and War Thunder has distracted me plenty.

Like side scrolling action games in general?

You could check out Dust: An Elysian Tail.
I acutally got that via humble bundle. I really like it. just hungering for more and while theres a lot of steam games none really stand out.

I acutally got that via humble bundle. I really like it. just hungering for more and while theres a lot of steam games none really stand out.
Did you try Axiom Verge? The game overall is fun, but some of the weapons are meh...

In addition, did you try AMR2(Another Metroid 2 Remake)? It was created by someone on their own and got shot down by Nintendo, but you can use google to find it. I thought this game was excellent.

I bought NOTHING! :D

I made it through a sale, without buying anything, first time ever.

Ditto. It's incredibly easy to hold back nowadays, with their Flash sales extinct.

I did pick up Elder Scrolls Online from Greenman though. Nothing from Steam.

I ended up with:

SVRVIVE: The Deus Helix
House of the Dying Sun
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (gift for a friend)
Thumper
X: Rebirth Complete
SOMA

Got gifted Shower With Your Dad Simulator...LOL

I bought Stellaris, have been very happy with it!

I'm picky when it comes to pace 4x games. This is the first one in years that sounded like it might interest me.

picked up quite a few games between me and the kids:

Axiom Verge
Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe
TorchLight 2 - 2 copies
One Finger Deathpunch
Naruto Shippude: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Deluxe
Lego Worlds
Recettera: An Item Shop's Tale
Momodora: Reveri Under the Moonlight
Furi
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3: Gold Edition
One Piece Burning Blood
Final Fantasy IV Bundle
Final Fantasy 8

From Origin: Sims 4 Deluxe

Picked up

Witcher 3
Hyper Light Drifter
RE6 for the wife
Megaman Collections
Mighty No. 9.

I dont see what is so bad about MN9. sure its not a perfect MMX spin off but till Kenji's team Matures its a pretty damn good try. Can anyone recommend me good Metroid Vania/Megaman style games?

Shadow of Mordor GOTY is only $4.99 on CDkeys.

I just picked up the Shadowrun bundle for $12.35, my only Steam purchase this sale.

I only ended up with Tomb Raider (2013) GOTY from this Steam sale, but I head already picked up Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY and Witcher III GOTY during recent sales from Origin and GOG, respectively.

Is CDKeys based outside the U.S. (for billing purposes)? I have some gift debit cards to burn but they only work for payments made to merchants in the U.S.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Is CDKeys based outside the U.S. (for billing purposes)? I have some gift debit cards to burn but they only work for payments made to merchants in the U.S.

It's owned by "Omnyex Ecommerce" who is apparently headquartered in Dubai. They do take PayPal though, so maybe you can use that?

It's owned by "Omnyex Ecommerce" who is apparently headquartered in Dubai. They do take PayPal though, so maybe you can use that?
Thanks, you saved me from a potential headache. I'll just use a normal CC if decide to purchase from them. PayPal unfortunately doesn't bypass the international payment restrictions imposed by the card issuing banks.

Back