Steam Winter Sale starts on the 22nd of December.

Heroes of Might and Magic III: HD Edition can be had for $3.82 if you already have HOMM V - oddly it's cheaper in that bundle if you have V already, compared to the $5 non-bundle sale price.

I bought Road to Redemption, because, well, I needed to through 15$ away and riding a motorcycle shooting people seemed like the way to do it.

I've only got DOOM so far. Might get F4 Nuka World DLC too. Haven't really seen anything else that I want or don't already have.

Picked up:

Doom - $20ish
Apotheon - $4ish - Played for a few hours. Gameplay is pretty fun and the art is interesting.
Ghost 1.0 - $4ish - Played for half an hour. Seems like it will be ok.
Invisible Inc. - $6ish - Played for an hour and refunded. Turn-based gameplay was ok but the constant rising of the alarm level every turn whether or not you were detected turned me off.

A couple of games

Astroneer (got this right before the Christmas sale)
Turing Test
How to Survive
Divinity: Dragon Commander
Primordia
Rebel Assault I&II (Finally finished up the steam star wars list)
Tachyon Fringe
Apollo11 VR
Homeworld Deserts of Kharak - got this for even cheaper, if you own the Homeworld 1 & 2 - buy the collection and you get the Deserts of Kharak for only 12$ vs the 16$ alone
Abzu (amazing find at 5$)
Metro Redux Pack
Silent Age
Battlezon 98
Children of the Colossus (VR)

And from Origin
Star Wars Battlefront for 10$

So far I've had a great steam sale - gotten quite a few games I've been waiting for

Still thinking about Jalopy and maybe 1 more VR game - I am really not sure bout the Early Access Games anymore though

Picked up Battlefleet Gothic: Armada last night for $20 (50% off) -- heard a lot of good things and will give it a try later today.

Only bought Grim Dawn, and the two expansions for The Witcher 3 (Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine).

I have about $9 in Steam trading cards that I sold, and not sure what to purchase next. I was considering Stardew Valley.

Any recommendations at this price range? (under $10)

Only bought Grim Dawn, and the two expansions for The Witcher 3 (Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine).

I have about $9 in Steam trading cards that I sold, and not sure what to purchase next. I was considering Stardew Valley.

Any recommendations at this price range? (under $10)

Capsized
The Swapper

I bought the wife Planet Coaster..

Now she can't yell at me when that Seasonic PSU from the other thread gets here tomorrow :D

Bought, DOOM, Far Cry 4. Wreckfest For a friend. Was gifted Resident Evil HD Remaster. I think I'm done.

Bought, DOOM, Far Cry 4. Wreckfest For a friend. Was gifted Resident Evil HD Remaster. I think I'm done.

As a huge fan of Destruction Derby 1 & 2, I've been wanting Wreckfest for so long but I hate that it's still in Early Access after all this time. That in itself doesn't necessarily make it a bad game, but I don't know how complete it is. Let me know how you guys like the game - for $5 I'd probably take a chance but it never seems to go below $20 or so.

I'd say it's fairly complete, in terms of cars/tracks. It has about 8 or so cars, a fair amount of tracks (forwards and backwards) as well as some stadium/arena ones. It's fun to play, but it does need more people online (where I am the best server I can get has a 100ms ping).
That said development has seemly slowed down, heard mention they plan to pick up the pace in Feb.

As a huge fan of Destruction Derby 1 & 2, I've been wanting Wreckfest for so long but I hate that it's still in Early Access after all this time. That in itself doesn't necessarily make it a bad game, but I don't know how complete it is. Let me know how you guys like the game - for $5 I'd probably take a chance but it never seems to go below $20 or so.

I'm a huge DD fan also. Those were my favorite games on the PS. Wreckfest is a good game and is the closest a game has come to giving me that feeling of the old DD days. Yes, the game is still in early access, but updates trickle in from time to time, I believe they just had a new update this month. The game doesn't have a story/championship mode yet but it is pretty fun to get on for an hour or so wreck n race. It has online multiplayer also, but most of the servers are British, so depending on the time of day there may not be many people playing. You can also upgrade your vehicle , engine, tires, suspension ect.

Also, they do have quite a bit of mods for this game in the Workshop. There are even Destruction Derby mods for it, like all original DD paint jobs for the cars & even the original DD tracks like Chalk Canyon, Ocean Drive & Red Pike Arena, I believe the mod has all of the DD1 & 2 tracks included. That alone sold me on this game. Is it worth $20 bucks? It was to me, being a fan of the DD games & the nostalgia I feel while playing it.

I'd say, pick it up while its $20 dollars if you are a DD game fan but keep in mind, the game is far from completed.

Cool, thanks guys. There's a few more days until the sale ends, so I have some time to decide.

BeamNG.drive (also Early Access) sounds like it might be fun, too.

"BeamNG.drive is a realistic, immersive driving game offering near-limitless possibilities. Our soft-body physics engine simulates every component of a vehicle in real time, resulting in realistic, dynamic behavior.
The driving feel is authentic and visceral, and crashes are realistic and violent; yet the physics are accessible enough to drive with a keyboard or gamepad while still being authentic with a full racing wheel with uncompromising realism.

As an open world vehicle simulator, BeamNG.drive will cover a large array of vehicular disciplines - everything from a delivery mission in a box truck to a high speed rally race or a destruction derby. The vehicle customization and detail will allow you to make your car or truck all your own - fix it up, upgrade it, or strip away body panels to reduce weight. There are a lot of different types of gameplay we want to implement beyond just racing and crashing, such as police chases, stunt challenges, and other specialized minigames. Eventually we would like to have some kind of single player open world career mode, with persistent vehicle ownership and procedurally generated used vehicles to buy and events to run them in.

In some ways, BeamNG.drive is about doing anything you want with a car or truck - the stuff other games don't let you do. You can go off-roading in a family sedan or hurl a delivery truck around a racing circuit, all with beautiful soft-body simulation physics. You can mod those same vehicles to be racing beasts, derby monsters, or off-road behemoths - or just thrash them stock. At the end of the day, BeamNG.drive gives you the gameplay you want, and doesn't force you to do anything that you don't think is fun or interesting."

Hey guys. Hope you all are enjoying the holidays.

I would greatly welcome any feedback on the following games:
  1. Tomb Raider (2013) GOTY - $7.49
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $9.99
  3. Pillars of Eternity (will probably wait for next GOG sale)

The first two aren't my preferred genre (I prefer RPGs) but look somewhat entertaining nonetheless. I (re)started playing games on my PC a few years ago after a lengthy hiatus (remember floppy disks? yeah, that long), and I still feel completely lost in the massive sea of games.

The first two aren't my preferred genre (I prefer RPGs) but look somewhat entertaining nonetheless. I (re)started playing games on my PC a few years ago after a lengthy hiatus (remember floppy disks? yeah, that long), and I still feel completely lost in the massive sea of games.

Can't speak for #3 but #1 and $2 are fantastic if you like third-person action games.

I'm not saying I dislike TR, but I'd have more of an inclination to play Mordor again.

Pillars of Eternity is a great RPG, if you liked the Baldurs Gate or IceWind Dale games you will love it.

Steam seriously needs to improve their refund policy. Bought a gift during TG sale, recipient changed their mind in the intervening time. So it's outside the 2wk return period having sat the entire time in gift inventory and they refuse to refund.

No more gifts via steam from me.

Shadow of Mordor GOTY is only $4.99 on CDkeys.

I just picked up the Shadowrun bundle for $12.35, my only Steam purchase this sale.

The only two games I really want to buy is Overwatch (which of course isn't on Steam) and Civ VI... which doesn't really have a good discount.

I finally picked up the two main DLC packs for Dishonored along with Mad Max and a few others. Nothing major and almost all $5 or less. Still have a few hours to decide if I want to plunk down $20 for Wreckfest or not. :)

Picked up Deus Ex: MD for $20 just now. I've been kind of in a slump and not really playing games that much. Haven't bought anything new since Doom several months ago. Loved HR and this looks like a lot of the same so hopefully this can stir up my PC gaming passion again.

Picked up Mad Max, Styx, and Watch Dogs. Might pick up a few more before the sale closes out, need enough games to play until the next sale.

Normally, the summer and winter Steam sale threads have dozens if not scores of pages of posts. This one petered out at 3. I guess the sales weren't that good. I found better deals on GMG and CD Keys. Steam needs to up their game!

Age of Empire 2 HD
Age of Empires 3 complete
Age of Mythology
GTA 3
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
Stardew Valley

Believe it or not, I have never played a Grand Theft Auto game...ever. For $9, I thought I would see what all the fuss is about.

I agree with others who have said they liked it better with the flash sales and such. They seemed to have had better deals. I used to buy stuff for the heck of it. Now I can't find anything to buy. I liked getting games for $2 or $3. A game on sale for $29 that's usually $49 does not grab my attention.

Didn't buy a thing from Steam. Their sale prices rarely beat other websites these days.

Actually made a couple bucks selling those silly trading cards.

I bought:

Don't Starve
FTL
Life is Strange
Valkyria Chronicles

I only bought these on Steam because I received a gift card for Christmas, otherwise the prices are as good or better elsewhere.

Bought

New Retro Arcade Neon
TacoFace
Warka Flarka Flim Flam
Tabletop Simulator
Trickster VR
A Chair in a Room
Old Friend
Summer times Afternoon
Dead Secret
Nevermind
The Brookhaven Experiment
Sairento VR
Audioshield
Anyland
The Visitor
Ultimate Booster Experience
A Fear Of Heights, And Other Things
Vanishing Realms
Virtual Desktop
Subnautica
Fruit Ninja VR
theBlu
Raw Data
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter VR
The Ball
The Solus Project

Yeah, went a little crazy with the new VIVE in tow -_-

Bought omy one game with seconds left before the sale ended.. Metal gear 5.

Usually I'm buying 20+ games a sale but with no flash sales there's no rush.. prob well over 250 games on steam I never play.

Back