Steam Winter Sale is LIVE!

stalker at 1.99, what a steal. i beat the game before and sold it, but this is deff a hot deal for 2$

for anyone talking about Phantom Menace

NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

I didn't like the movie, but I felt he was really stretching in some areas, particularly the characters. For example, I don't understand how it doesn't make perfect sense that a jedi would train a boy just because his master told him to do so. It's the chain of command which as I understand the Jedi have.

Also, the character comparison with Hans Solo and and Obi Won Konobe. Yes queen amadalah was nothingness, but how do you have nothing for Obi Won? Smart? Leader? Stubborn (decides to train boy anyway)? That's definitely the character he's portrayed as. I'm sorry if the general populace only acknowledges a bad ass, that's not proving a point.

thanks a ton guys... bankrupting me 2-10 bucks at a time ;p

in for GTA and STALKER

Hoping for a deal on Risen and Mass Effect. DA:O at $20 would be sweet too!

How many days will we get new deals? How long does it last?

Bit on STALKER so far since it's a daily deal. Will probably bite on some others that are on sale until Jan. 3. And hopefully some more good daily deals!

Store down?
Clock hit 0 and now the page isn't loading...I think the internet just asploded. :D

Meh, LFD2 is reasonable for those who do not have....

Id pack? Played them all before... for those awakening from a 10 year coma it might be a deal... otherwise nah...

Serious Sam HD for $9.99 is a decent deal; then again that should be the normal price anyway IMO.
The rest, yeah they're not as good as the previous ones.

Although now that I think about it, I think I got the SS pack like 4 years ago with both encounters at Walmart for like $10 bucks so $9.99 for just the 1st one in HD....neh.
My wallet breathes a sight of relief today... :D now I can also finally finish DL+installing all the shit I bought yesterday. :eek:

Well SS:HD might be worth the $10, I guess. I feel bad for anyone who purchased the ID Super Pack before today... It was $34.99 before and now it's $23.79.

Yes, I'm trying to learn the lesson that all the normal deals are around for over a week, so I should wait on anything over $5 and see if it pops up on the daily deals instead ;]

Very tempted on Serious Sam HD, though...loved that game on multiplayer about 6 years ago.

Was hoping for a fallout 3 goty deal or maybe a lower price on l4d2..not just what I was expecting at all...oh well.

Hoping for a deal on Risen and Mass Effect. DA:O at $20 would be sweet too!

How many days will we get new deals? How long does it last?

EA has Mass Effect for $10 if you do a digital download. I'm pretty close to buying it but I'd rather have it on steam because... uhh... I'm not really sure why. :(

I think the beauty of this is that they keep the old deals down at the bottom and don't even raise them back up. Good stuff.

looks like yesterday's deals are still up(gta IV $7.49, defense grid $2.49, stalker $1.99, ...) if you missed them I'd get them before they go up.
- 9:20 am pacific

Could someone please post the new deals for those of us at work?

Sure thing.

Need for Speed: Shift $37.49 (25% off - regular $49.99)
Football Manager 2010 $29.99 (25% off - regular $39.99)
id Super Pack $23.79 (66% off - regular $69.99)
Left 4 Dead 2 $33.49 (33% off - regular $49.99)
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter $9.99 (50% off - regular $19.99)

IMO the id Super Pack is clearly the best deal out of all of them, but even that's lukewarm (unless you're on a nostalgia trip ATM). I'd like to have all the Doom titles but I can do without them...I'd rather wait the next few days and see what else that $23+change can buy. :)

I got DA:O and Mass Effect from EA's site for $27 total using the 40% off and the EAPARTNERS2009 promo code, and hey, you can always add a shortcut for them to Steam so they're in the big list ;]

I went for Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter and ID Super Pack.

Here is the damage so far...

Mirror's Edge - $4.99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - $1.99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - $4.99
Grand Theft Auto IV - $7.49
AudioSurf - $2.50
Unreal Deal Pack - $13.50
+Unreal 2: The Awakening
+Unreal Gold
+Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition
+Unreal Tournament 3 Black
+Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition
Beyond Good and Evil - $4.99
Alpha Prime - $0.99
Defense Grid: The Awakening - $2.49
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - $9.99
ID Super Pack - $23.79
+Commander Keen
+DOOM 3
+Buy DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil
+DOOM II
+Final DOOM
+Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
+HeXen
+HeXen II
+HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
+Master Levels for Doom II
+QUAKE
+QUAKE II
+QUAKE II Mission Pack: Ground Zero
+QUAKE II Mission Pack: The Reckoning
+Quake III Arena
+QUAKE III: Team Arena
+QUAKE Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon
+QUAKE Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
+Return to Castle Wolfenstein
+Spear of Destiny
+The Ultimate Doom
+Wolfenstein 3D
--------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $77.71 <--- ouch :(

Also:

Far Cry - $4.99 (Gift! yay!)

Never played the original SS, so it was new to me. Paid $17 when it came out. Well worth $10 of fun - especially in co-op.

^^^ It's a great deal, but look at the list of games there and think about how often you would play them (versus playing something newer). On a nostalgia level it's a great deal...I just don't see myself playing a lot of Doom when there's stuff like TF2, Borderlands, and the myriad of other stuff I don't even have installed yet (or haven't played more than 5 minutes total). My backlog is just so huge; great deal, yes, but I (personally) have to draw a line in the sand somewhere and say "I can't buy that". :eek:

Sure thing.

Need for Speed: Shift $37.49 (25% off - regular $49.99) ...

I can't say I'm surprised (given it's a relatively new game), but I am most-definitely disappointed. Oh well, I'm still working through Grid I got for $7.50 on t-day, so I guess I can wait until the game gets pushed to the bargain bin.

On behalf of those of us at work, thank you for the post! :D

^^^ It's a great deal, but look at the list of games there and think about how often you would play them (versus playing something newer). On a nostalgia level it's a great deal...I just don't see myself playing a lot of Doom when there's stuff like TF2, Borderlands, and the myriad of other stuff I don't even have installed yet (or haven't played more than 5 minutes total). My backlog is just so huge; great deal, yes, but I (personally) have to draw a line in the sand somewhere and say "I can't buy that". :eek:

Think of the older titles as games for the netbook :p

w00t, iD soft games Super Pack, games I grew up with. If I hadn't already bought Unreal 3 I would of bit on the pack.

EA has Mass Effect for $10 if you do a digital download. I'm pretty close to buying it but I'd rather have it on steam because... uhh... I'm not really sure why. :(

So you can install it more than like 3(?) times, maybe?

bought Audiosurf, Titan Quest, Thief Deadly Shadows (never played it, looks bad ass) and the Unreal Pack

Back