Steam Winter Sale is LIVE!

Åndhrimnir;1035094930 said:
surprised more people aren't picking up AudioSurf for $2.50

Bought it a looooooooooong time ago and I've gotten more than my money's worth with it, that's for sure. I'm only comfortable playing Mono (specifically, Ninja Mono in Ironmode)...most of the (expert) leaderboards are property of ken_sct. :D

The other modes, I try to play them...I just can't do it. Too much going on at once for me (and I'm a hardcore gamer man...I'm used to tons of stuff going on at once :)).

Man I was hoping that Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines would be on sale too especially considering it uses the source engine. Maybe it'll be on a daily sale but I doubt it since they usually have newer titles for the dailies. It still pisses me off that you can't gift games when buying a package if you already have one of the titles. The Eidos pack would be mine if I could gift Batman AA to someone else since I already have a copy.

Just bought Stalker: SOC and Braid...Steam keeps taking my money $5 at a time.

lol... games @ $5 are hard to resist :p

I'm waiting for Torchlight, Trine and Aquaria to drop to $5

Last edited:
Anyone else getting terrible speeds from Steam?
I have been getting a peak of ~50kbps... wow

At this speed my Oblivion download will not be finished until after Christmas break ><

Are the servers getting destroyed or is it just me.

mines not that bad, although my cable connection is pretty good for some reason I get 30mb/s at speedtest, I am dowloading 4 games right now, one at 800 a few at 400 and a few juping between 300-500, if I download only one I get over a 1mb/s but since I work I let them all download, so when I come back from work they will all be downloaded.

mines not that bad, although my cable connection is pretty good for some reason I get 30mb/s at speedtest, I am dowloading 4 games right now, one at 800 a few at 400 and a few juping between 300-500, if I download only one I get over a 1mb/s but since I work I let them all download, so when I come back from work they will all be downloaded.

I wonder wtf my problem is then... my parents have a ~10mb/s at speedtest and I am stilll capping out at ~36 kb/s... GD it

I'm willing to trade HL2+HL2:E1 for whatever. Let me know if you are interested. (Gifted to Mikhal)

wtty.jpg

I'm sure everyone already has those games though haha :p

Far Cry - $4.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/13520/

Traded: Gifted to Mikhal for Far Cry.

Last edited:
Holy SHIT... I'm having a complete blast with Mirror's Edge. I'm so glad I forked over 5 double cheeseburgers for this one...

Like everyone else, I bit (of course, I've been waiting for this all year long!). Mirror's Edge, GTA 4 and Defense Grid all for under $15 just seems wrong (but oh so right!). I'm also probably finally going to invest in Wicher and a few others, but since those sales are on-going until the 3rd of January, I'm going to see what they offer as their dailies first.

As a sidenote: if any of you are into "tower defense" games then Plants vs. Zombies is on sale for $7.50. Granted it's not as good as the original release sale of $5, but it's well-worth the money. I'm on my second time around and my addiction has yet to see it's end; highly recommended.

Thank you Steam for doing your part to stimulate the economy! :D

People having speed/DL problems -
I've had luck getting the speed back by pausing the DL and then resuming it.
Right click the game, choose "pause updating". Wait til it stops, then right click again and choose "resume updating". See if your DL speeds climb back up.

Ghostbusters took awhile though. 10gigs? Sheesh.
Steam needs some built in compression...7zip that shit! :D

Holy SHIT... I'm having a complete blast with Mirror's Edge. I'm so glad I forked over 5 double cheeseburgers for this one...

I loved Mirror's Edge, though I didn't quite finish it... bought it full-price ($50) at its launch and didn't play it until it had dropped to $15-20 average though :eek: . It's an excellent game.

To add to what I already have, I bought Bioshock and Fall Cry 2. Both solid games, cant wait to play them.

And... Christmas shopping is now done for my brothers, with a few goodies for myself. Better put that visa out in the snow, cause it is smoking!

I am so glad I tried out the twin sector Demo instead of just buying it on a whim. That game feels like a really cheaply made Portal/HL2 mish-mash with a derivative story. =X

I kinda liked the atmosphere though, but the half assed audio and ridiculous load times killed it.

I'm curious too, because Clear Sky takes place 1 year prior to Stalker.
whats to be confused about? play them in the order they were released. to me common sense indicates thats how the developers probably want you to play them.

whats to be confused about? play them in the order they were released. to me common sense indicates thats how the developers probably want you to play them.

Do you watch the Star Wars films starting with Phanton Menace or A New Hope?

Sweet Christ, you keep all of those games installed? :eek: RAID or bust I guess :cool:

yup, I like to jump in each game from time to time so it's nice to have them installed hehe... I just checked and my steam folder is only 33gb, pretty small.

I tried to play Ricochet a few times but I couldn't find any servers... :p

btw, I was just playing audiosurf for a few hours... very nice casual game. I really enjoyed it and seriously had to pull myself away as there is work to be done lol...

Also it's a shame Zeno Clash isn't on sale for $4.99 like it was a bit ago, great game, had a lot of fun with that. Once you get the controls down its really fun... and really brutal!

LOL, I just tried to install some of the unreal games... Steam is not having it... oh well.

Last edited:
lawlr.jpg

Bleh the only games out of that I have beaten are Borderlands and HL2 with it's Episodic [INSTALLMENTS].

I dont watch Star Wars at all. again use common sense and think about the fact the SOC was released first so of course thats the game you should play first. the vast majority of people played SOC without ever even knowing there would even be a CS. just because a prequel comes out later to explain the back story doesnt mean you should play it first. if anything a prequel will make more sense once you have played the original game.

I dont watch Star Wars at all. again use common sense and think about the fact the SOC was released first so of course thats the game you should play first. the vast majority of people that played SOC without ever even knowing there would even be a CS. just because a prequel comes out later to explain the back story doesnt mean you should play it first. if anything a prequel will make more sense once you have played the original game.

:confused:

Makes no sense at all

I have fun in whatever order as long as the game doesn't suck. That should make sense to everyone.

I'm curious too, because Clear Sky takes place 1 year prior to Stalker.
If you care about the plot, you won't understand the context of a lot of the things that happen in Clear Sky unless you play SoC first. Also, Clear Sky will spoil some things in the SoC plot. So you should start with SoC.
I start with A New Hope and then I don't bother watching the shitty prequels.

what the hell is confusing? SOC came out first so play it first.

for those of us that played the games when they first came out fine. but if your going to recommend a play order for the games and knowing that the second one gives some back story to the first why would you not suggest playing the second first?

for those of us that played the games when they first came out fine. but if your going to recommend a play order for the games and knowing that the second one gives some back story to the first why would you not suggest playing the second first?

Because that makes no sense. It only does after you've played the first one and are introduced to the plot elements that the second game goes into more detail about. :rolleyes:

you have to be kidding me. when they a make a prequel to a game its to explain more things and tie up lose ends. those things are presented in the prequel with the assumption that you have already played the original game.

Why not just play the dang series in order from the dates they were released? That's a pretty simple way of narrowing down which one to play first assuming you're going to play them all anyway. Maybe you'll end up appreciating the progression of the games

Back