Steam Winter Sale is LIVE!

man I am in for eidos pack, pretty good games in there, hell I probably won't play them all, but I got little nephews that I throw on my computer when they come visit to shut them up, lol, so I can study.

which is better titan quest gold or Torchlight ?
Torchlight is rated better.

But that cell animation cartoon style I don't care for. Couldn't play Warcraft III because of it despite loving Blizzard's other RTS's.

The only thing that stood out to appeal to me was the Eidos Pack if I hadn't already snagged Batman form $25 from D2D a few days ago.

Sneaky thing is I bet D2D was aware/expecting that there'd be a good Steam special for the holiday, and wanted to quickly get that out there to hook people now before Steam drops the price 'til early Jan...

got the eidos pack, mirror's edge and overlord pack for my nephew, he loves overlord, he will love me a million times more for having overlord for him on the computer, lol. damn my 256gb ssd is going to be mightly full after all the games I have, hehe.

man I am in for eidos pack, pretty good games in there, hell I probably won't play them all, but I got little nephews that I throw on my computer when they come visit to shut them up, lol, so I can study.

Eidos pack is sick! Those 20 games come out to $2.50 a piece!

Man, so many choices! But I'm have a trouble finding a game; my friends and I are all looking for a casual multiplayer game that's under five bucks (yes, I'm cheap, haha)
And before everyone tells me to use the search features on Steam, I already have, but nothing caught my attention. I was just thinking that I may have overlooked something, does anyone suggest something?

Man, so many choices! But I'm have a trouble finding a game; my friends and I are all looking for a casual multiplayer game that's under five bucks (yes, I'm cheap, haha)
And before everyone tells me to use the search features on Steam, I already have, but nothing caught my attention. I was just thinking that I may have overlooked something, does anyone suggest something?

Titan Quest, it's on sale right now for cheap.

I'm wondering if Mass Effect is going on sale for this promo. I have it on 360 but I want to play it again and try it out on PC (mostly thanks to the latest ME2 trailer I just watched).

yea you are right, so many choices, I think they want people to just go out and buy everything lol. but the thing is make sure you don't just buy it if you don't need it, the only reason I got the eidos pack is because for batman game, it was 33 bucks and for another 15 I got battlestation games and like 11 other games for 15 more bucks, and I got the overlord pack for 17 bucks and mirrors edge for 5, I think this is hands down the best deal I have made on any games. i am gonna wait till tomorrow now to see if they anything else on sale.

lol they are so busy I get error sometimes when i try to install the game, there were some nice games in the eidos pack absolutely worth the 50 bucks.

Trying to install GTA IV:

"The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request.
Please try again in a few minutes."

... and I live in the same area as the Valve headquarters :(

Yep same here, Guess I will wait til tonight to download it.

which is better titan quest gold or Torchlight ?

My son and I have been playing Titan Quest gold for over a year, we played the Torchlight demo for about one day before uninstalling it (he had burned out on FATE which is extremely similar to Torchlight).

I'm wondering if Mass Effect is going on sale for this promo. I have it on 360 but I want to play it again and try it out on PC (mostly thanks to the latest ME2 trailer I just watched).

I have been wondering the same thing but it is showing up as full price right now :(

any opinions on crash time 2, It's four bucks right now. I just needed an insight on this before I spend my hard earned four dollars, lol.

My son and I have been playing Titan Quest gold for over a year, we played the Torchlight demo for about one day before uninstalling it (he had burned out on FATE which is extremely similar to Torchlight).

does Titan quest have multiplayer ?

Just picked up the Shadowgrounds Pack and Defense Grid: The Awakening.

I just played Defense Grid for 2 hours so I feel it's already worth it's $2.50

you have to make sure you put in the right number, not your name or something. In steam, hit home, and copy that number.

That's what I was doing, but I got it figured out. Have to make your profile public rather then friends only.

Bought The Witcher.

I wish C&C3 or Crysis were part of this sale, but EA doesn't appear to be participating.

Someone...please...take...bank card away....

I already have GTA4 on the Ps3, I bought it anyway. Figure I can trade in the Ps3 version for more than $7.49. :p Also got Defense Force, Aquaria, and the Shadowgrounds pack.

I hope the rest of the daily deals are mild to lukewarm otherwise I may need to go to Steam purchasers rehab. :D

Bought The Witcher.

I wish C&C3 or Crysis were part of this sale, but EA doesn't appear to be participating.

Mirror's Edge is on sale now for $4.99 and that's an EA game. I'm tying to hold out for Mass Effect personally.

surprised more people aren't picking up AudioSurf for $2.50... that's a great little game, awesome for when you're bored and want to listen to music.

EDIT: btw, if anyone picks it up or owns it already: the hardest song I've ever found is Dimensions Unseen by Skyfire. It's barely even humanly possible - give it a shot.

Åndhrimnir;1035094930 said:
surprised more people aren't picking up AudioSurf for $2.50... that's a great little game, awesome for when you're bored and want to listen to music.

I just got this. Was only $2.50 and I'm definitely bored right now so... why not? :cool:

What I really have spent on steam games $1042.04 (Figured by adding up all my purchases from steam)
for a total of 210 games ($4.96 per game)

Current Steam Value is $1201.02 with packages
for a total of 210 games ($5.72 per game)

Current Steam Value is $1352.68 without packages
for a total of 210 games ($6.44 per game)

I feel an evil genius laugh is in order, my steam account has actually appreciated in value :D
--------------------------------

For the people who can't figure out their long id number for the steam calculator. Log in to steamcommunity and then make it public. Followed by you login into the steam application and then copying the long URL. The information between the profiles/ and /home will be the information you need.

So I launched Stalker: Clear Sky with my sig rig. Is this game known to run like crap on all systems or what?

So I launched Stalker: Clear Sky with my sig rig. Is this game known to run like crap on all systems or what?
you arent even going to come close to running max DX10 settings with a 4870. turning down sunrays and ssao will help tremendously though if you are trying to run enhanced full dynamic lighting. since I dont want us to get off topic for the thread you can look here for some good info. http://www.tweakguides.com/ClearSky_5.html

other than that you may want to start a thread in the gaming forum for more advice.

you arent even going to come close to running max DX10 settings with a 4870. turning down sunrays and ssao will help tremendously though if you are trying to run enhanced full dynamic lighting. since I dont want us to get off topic for the thread you can look here for some good info. http://www.tweakguides.com/ClearSky_5.html

other than that you may want to start a thread in the gaming forum for more advice.

The game doesn't even look good based on those photos, why is it so damn hard to run?

Somehow I don't see "deal" in purchasing this pack over buying them individually...

Red Faction Complete Pack:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2284/
nice one. I bet they intentionally did that because many people assume those deal packs are indeed more "dealy" than buying individual

Same thing happened with the Crysis package. It was cheaper to get them individually, but I guess steam finally caught on to it, or maybe there were complaints about the package misleading buyers because a day or 2 later, the advertisement was corrected.
SteamCrysisAdvertisementFail.jpg

@OP Thanks buddy! Last night I saw the thread at work and it was only at 2 pages. I ended up grabbing gifts for 7 other friends as well as getting some games on the cheap!
4xUnreal pack, 1xGrid (I could've sworn this was cheaper in the previous Steam sale?!?!), 1xThe Witcher, 1xTitan's Quest Gold for my buddies, and Rome Total War, Stalker SoC, Zombie Shooter 2, Mirror's Edge (missed last sale).

Bummer for me.. I guess some games are region specific.. Like GTA IV and the CIV III complete isn't showing up. >.<

It is one of the more intensive games out there, there has been many threads when Stalker came out about is Stalker the new crysis since it takes a lot to run it.

The game doesn't even look good based on those photos, why is it so damn hard to run?
The higher modes introduce a bunch of subtle effects that are fairly computationally-intensive. It's actually sort of overkill in terms of how much precision they use compared to what is necessary, which is why you can turn down some of the settings to greatly improve performance without noticing much of an IQ decrease.

Back