Steam Weekend & Indie Week Sale

I'm blocked at work; what is Dark Souls going for? It's been on my list for a while now...

If you haven't played Dark Souls by now, you are seriously missing out (granted if you don't get frustrated too easily.. if so, this might make your blood pressure rise and/or bubble) but fun and challenging nonetheless.

I'd pick it up if it was 10 bucks or less I'm not sure if I'd like it.

I heard the Dark Sould PC port was ultra shitty. Like framerate capped etc.

I heard the Dark Sould PC port was ultra shitty. Like framerate capped etc.

There's a pretty easy mod to find that fixes most of the graphical issues. Easy enough that I could get it to work - so pretty easy.

The game is excellent, and I say that as someone who doesn't like hard games. Like everyone says, it's tough but fair. If you die, it's almost always your fault.

I put 20 hours into it, hit a boss I wasn't smart/fast enough to beat and moved on - satisfied with my time in it.

Euro Truck Sim 2 is so tempting at $20, been wanting to get that game since it hit steam.

I may pick up Notorious Red ($1.99) when I get home. Seems like its a lot like Dead Nation, which I enjoyed thoroughly on my PS3.

Yeah, unless you are into Indie games it seems like the only time to buy the big time mass market games is the during the big summer sale and winter sale. Kinda disappointing. I used to check Steam every day for sales, now it seems barely worth opening unless I am playing from my library or registering a key.

Still good prices on the listed games for those interested.

Dark Souls just scares the fuck out of me. That hell dog things that look like a spider....NOPE

Last edited:
I know it just hit steam, but I'm hoping Kerbal Space Program goes up. I'd snatch that up so fast.

Dark souls is not "that difficult" IMHO, as it is frustrating because of the negative mouse acceleration that is fucking obnoxious to try to deal with.

Artificially being hard because you can't control shit right isn't difficulty, its stupid.

I'm waiting for that to be fixed.. been 6 months now. probably won't ever happen.. It just made me look for mods that made skyrim more like dark souls haha

I know it just hit steam, but I'm hoping Kerbal Space Program goes up. I'd snatch that up so fast.
KSP's price will likely not change for the coming weeks. The game has steadily gone up in price as its been developed. A few months ago it was in the $12 range, but has gone up due to all the new content that was added. The good thing about it is, if you pay the $22 now, you get all future updates free (to include the finished version).

I think I may pick up Gianna Sisters along with Nation Red when I get home. I really enjoyed the GS demo and Nation Red is only $2...so wth.

Last edited:
I'm not really interested into retro 2-D 8/16-bit side scrollers unless they bring something really new. And seems the past 2-3 years, 80% of indie titles are basically clones of that genre.

Wish there was a filter button for that.

Dark Souls looks amazing...but it could just end up being a bad port..Does Namco make good games? Never played anything from them but the Boss battles look amazing....

Super Hexagon is pretty great for a dollar. Just be sure you're not epileptic.

That game is hard ... I have no idea how the dude on youtube plays it for 3 1/2 minutes with a touch screen tablet.

Hmm, I really want to buy/play Kentucky Route Zero, but I don't trust anyone to pre-purchase episodic content anymore. Guess I'll wait some more.

Dark Souls looks amazing...but it could just end up being a bad port..Does Namco make good games? Never played anything from them but the Boss battles look amazing....
You've certainly either played or heard of their games.

Pac-man, Pole Position, Galaga, Dig Dug, Tekken, Time Crisis, Soul Edge, Xenosaga...from coin-op, atari, sega, NES, playstation, and xbox they've been involved and even revolutionized the industry at times. They were also working with what was later released as the TurboGraphx. I haven't met too many other gamers who had one of those. It was awesome relative to what was out there at the time, though. I bought what was their version of the MultiTap and a few controllers but there wasn't a whole lot of games released for it.

I have heard of them now that your refreshed my memory..just not sure how good dark souls is...

I have heard of them now that your refreshed my memory..just not sure how good dark souls is...
it'll be on sale later this year. it will probably be $10 before the end of the year either during the summer or at the very latest christmas/new year sale. if you aren't itching to play it and you've got other games you have nothing to lose by waiting.

I own it on ps3. I haven't played very much. I didn't even make it to the first boss because I have a ton of other games in front of it and I barely play console except for Move titles and guitar hero stuff with other people in the room.

Dark souls is not "that difficult" IMHO, as it is frustrating because of the negative mouse acceleration that is fucking obnoxious to try to deal with.

Artificially being hard because you can't control shit right isn't difficulty, its stupid.

I'm waiting for that to be fixed.. been 6 months now. probably won't ever happen.. It just made me look for mods that made skyrim more like dark souls haha

Play it with a controller as the developers probably intended and that problem is solved (and even with controller there is still a challenge that has nothing to do with "bad controls", which when using the right device are not bad at all imo).

Also, Dark Souls is only published by Namco, it has nothing to do with them as a company otherwise (other than maybe post release support). The game was developed entirely by From Software. I can't speak for the PC version since my experience is still limited to the PS3 version, but the core game minus any PC version quirks is one of the best action-rpg/dungeon crawlers I've played this generation.

Back