Steam Weekend Deal: STALKER SoC $4.99

$5 bones? Thanks, OP. I gave this a try on my old computer, but it ran like I would in a marathon - slow, asthmatic, and frequently crashing.

I don't have the disc anymore, but I'll give it a go for $5 on the new one.

another $5 game? thanks valve...i now have waaaaaaay too many games in my steam library. :p

EDIT: 46 to be exact :)

im going to buy it. I loved my "other" copy of the game at release.

$5 bones? Thanks, OP. I gave this a try on my old computer, but it ran like I would in a marathon - slow, asthmatic, and frequently crashing.

One of the game features was constant crashing and buggy game play. That's what you get, when the game has 7+ years of development time ;)

Overall, I thought it was pretty fun, I just wished it had fewer bugs. I did wind up beating it after a couple patches came out. The new one on the other-hand is so buggy I gave up playing, less than half-way through :(

Thanks, just bought it (again) I have the physical disk, but prefer it on steam

Definitely in for one, this is one of the best Steam deals yet.

Anyone know how the Steam version of this game deals with mods?

Anyone know if the mods work with the Steam edition? I'm assuming they do.

If steam keeps doing crap like this I'm not going to have enough HD space to hold my library.
Damnit.

If steam keeps doing crap like this I'm not going to have enough HD space to hold my library.
Damnit.

Every weekend there's a deal ;)

Just unfortunately it's sometimes a game like Gumboy :rolleyes:

So far though, I've got Titan Quest + Expansion, Prey, STALKER, Red Orchestra, Two Worlds, SIN games..... I've barely played any of them. I wonder why I keep buying them? :rolleyes:

Every weekend there's a deal ;)

Just unfortunately it's sometimes a game like Gumboy :rolleyes:

So far though, I've got Titan Quest + Expansion, Prey, STALKER, Red Orchestra, Two Worlds, SIN games..... I've barely played any of them. I wonder why I keep buying them? :rolleyes:

The deals! Think of all the money you are saving if you had gone to Best Buy and bought boxed copies to never play.

FUCK STEAM!!!

They boned me on the activations for this one, I paid $50 preorder - YOU GET 5 activations, YOU CANNOT REVOKE THEM!!! I finally got a refund from them because Steam and GSC wouldn't reset the activations!!! DO NOT BUY THIS THROUGH STEAM!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK STEAM!!!

They boned me on the activations for this one, I paid $50 preorder - YOU GET 5 activations, YOU CANNOT REVOKE THEM!!! I finally got a refund from them because Steam and GSC wouldn't reset the activations!!! DO NOT BUY THIS THROUGH STEAM!!!!!!!!!!

huh?

FUCK STEAM!!!

Do you still get only 5 activations?

Is this discussed anywhere on the steam site (didn't notice it on the order page)?

Sweet I never really played this but thought it looked cool. $5 to get a legal patched up version with a nice one click install sounds good to me!

lol in europe for so they want to charge me 5euro. Maybe I can call my bro and tell him to buy it on my account in the states. lol im a cheap bastard.

Paying with Paypal, after clicking Purchase it's said "Working" for like 5 minutes now. Is this normal :confused:?

EDIT: Error during order. Tried again and it went through.

Bought. Thanks, OP!

(and here's hope that Peggle is the next weekend deal)

FUCK STEAM!!!

edit: To my knowledge, that's STALKER: Clear Sky. Does this apply to the original as well?

If so, I'm gonna get a refund.

dammit. i have to quit buying like this. getting nickeled and dimed to death.

I just fired it up to test it out for a couple minutes.

Lots of flickering shadow looking textures and the mouse control seems totally borked, it almost feels like a track ball, like, after I stop moving the mouse it keeps moving a bit or maybe when I move the mouse it takes a while for the cursor to get to where I was aiming. I don't know, something is definitely off. Anyone else getting this? I don't see any mouse acceleration checkbox in the options and I don't have Vsync on. What gives?

I didn't have any problems when it came out, so this kind of sucks :(.

#1 there is an unlimited number of steam installs for all steam games, and number 2, bought! loved this game when i played my friends copy! just hope mods work :D

#1 there is an unlimited number of steam installs for all steam games, and number 2, bought! loved this game when i played my friends copy! just hope mods work :D

That's what I thought. When times I've reformatted, never had an issue. It's stuck to your account, so obviously it probably won't let you login on 2 different machines.

Back