Steam: Weekend deal - Risen 50% off!

Was a pretty good game. Sorta like gothic 3 in a way. But you're on a island but for $15 bucks it will give you a good time for the price.

I donno its a good game but I'm pretty stingy with money for games so I say no. It's like 70% the quality overall of DAO or something like that, maybe 90% for the first 2/3rds of the game but after a certain point it runs out of steam (pun intended).

When did they put Risen back on Steam?

A while back. They recently cut it to $29.99, and now this.

I'd say its well worth $15. I don't think it was on the holiday sale last year and I don't think it would be much cheaper (if at all) come this the sale this year.

I like the Gothic games (even Gothic 3 when fully patched)... so in for $15

thankfully i did the research and found out this has that crap TAGES on it.

no purchase, i would not install this on my machine for 10 bucks.

avoid like the plague.....:(

There are some things I make exceptions on, but when it comes to limited activations in games I put my foot down. I don't buy it, I don't pirate it. I just let it be. Also, Steam is enough DRM for me. I don't need limited installs on top of that.

Has TAGES 3 Machine activation limit though.

That's quite a limit for a 13-month-old game. Most pubs raise the limit or remove it altogether after a half-year or year.

Don't understand why Steam isn't enough DRM anyway. Activation limits really go against the initial concept of Steam. Someday Gabe needs to grow a pair and put his foot down and say no to carrying titles that have these ridiculous activation limits.

DRM only ever hurts the legit customer.

Thanks for the DRM/Activation limit warning. I was thinking of picking it up, but will avoid for the time being.

I doubt any1 would have a problem with the activations. I don't know if this game is worth $15 though?

Hmmmm... I'm torn. Game looks good but I really can't get behind this "You can only install it a few times," thing. Particularly since TAGES doesn't have a revoke/uninstall tool. I mean part of the point of Steam is to install everywhere you like (desktop, laptop, etc). It would probably be ok since you get activations back, supposing that works as promised since that means I could reinstall in the future if needed but I dunno.

I think I'll have to pass because I just can't support crap like this, particularly when Steam is already providing DRM for them.

I don't think TAGES is a driver. Its embedded into the exe and has a few extra tiny files and a couple registry entries.

Nope it requires you to install a Tages driver, just google it. Apparently it's really easy to remove though.

Double DRM scares me though. Although the add-back would be helpful if it was a must have game.

Back