Steam weekend deal: Mass Effect $9.99

Nice... bought. Time for some double dipping action. I sold my console version and I just may pick the sequel up on the PC now.

I have trouble getting into RPGs.

I did NWN1 and was liking it, but my PC crashed and forgot to get the saved games off. I was attached to my specific character that I balanced out the way I liked and didn't have the heart to do a repeat.

KOTOR was a similar situation. Lost the saved game and never could get back into it.

I have trouble getting into RPGs.

I did NWN1 and was liking it, but my PC crashed and forgot to get the saved games off. I was attached to my specific character that I balanced out the way I liked and didn't have the heart to do a repeat.

KOTOR was a similar situation. Lost the saved game and never could get back into it.

It sounds like you have trouble keeping backups or running a reliable PC, not trouble getting into RPGs. :p;)

is this First Person or Third Person? Can you switch between the two?

It's third person, close to the shoulder.

Does steam patch it? Or do you have to patch it like any other retail game

I don't know. I downloaded it and it ran fine, then I noticed that when I right clicked on it in my Steam window and chose "Register your game..." it took me to the EA site. There I logged in and not only did my Steam key work, it gave me the Bring Down the Sky DLC for free. So I downloaded that and it just patched right in easily.

Then I splurged and spent the 7 bucks on the newest DLC, Pinnacle Station. That just happens to include the most recent 1.2 patch and when I downloaded that, it installed just fine.

So to sum up, Steam game ran fine. I installed BDS, and it ran fine. I bought and installed Pinnacle Station and it ran fine. This game looks fucking fantastic on PC too wow.

Ok you're evil... :p

doesn't the game still have the draconian DRM? Only 3 installs or something. I dont think Steam gets rid of the SRM. And this game is one of the worst DRM offenders out there.

I remember when Mass Effect hit the market. People talked up the DRM like it was going to be the end of days. I've installed and reinstalled the game 4 times or more and I've never had a problem with it.

Oh bloody hell, I just bit.

I fought with the controls on the X360, perhaps the PC's enhanced graphics, and proper input devices will make it playable. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Best. Game. Ever.

If you have not played Mass Effect, this is your chance. Easily my favorite game of all time. Simply brilliant.

Too bad I paid ~$50 for mine when it was released :(

ME has a terrible inventory system but luckily it's the 'shootiest' of BioWare's RPGs. In my case, i basically just upgraded what I wanted from the list every time I was on the ship, and then sold 100% of everything else, except I kept samples of the various Ammo Types just in case I needed them for a tough situation.

Same here. I never felt that I was being forced to "collect" stuff.

There is a coupon on Wendy's site to get $5 bucks off EA titles. I got that coupon and used it to get Pinnacle Station for free.

think this game will run on integrated Intel X4500 graphics?

I'm assuming no, but I bought it anyways.

Strangely, I am getting fairly low FPS given the 4870X2. 35 FPS on average is usually reserved for games like ARMA 2 or Crysis. It's really good though because my machine is finally being worked. This game even has all four cores working at about 50%-75% load on average.

Running the game at max settings of 1920x1080 and 4x Edge Detect AA and 4x Anisotropic.

Strangely, I am getting fairly low FPS given the 4870X2. 35 FPS on average is usually reserved for games like ARMA 2 or Crysis. It's really good though because my machine is finally being worked. This game even has all four cores working at about 50%-75% load on average.

Running the game at max settings of 1920x1080 and 4x Edge Detect AA and 4x Anisotropic.

hunh.

9 bucks drove me to purchase, even though not a big RPG fan. This one has held my interest for at least a few hours now, so worth the money. But.....

Got an older dual core E4500 with a GTX260 (192 core) and it won't run higher than 1280x800 for some reason. Can't make the game push the graphics to better res, and 1280x800 looks like crap on my westy 24.

Any clues?

<edit>geezus - never mind, try clicking the down arrow, dumbass.....</edit>

BB

Last edited:
If this had been any other time I would have snapped it up right away... but I'm 15 hours into Dragon Age and it feels like I've only just started the game. On top of that, L4D2 is coming out in just over a week.

I feel like I should buy it just to have it but I'm having a hard time pushing myself to do so :s

Nabbed that free Pinnacle Station! Thanks for the link duder!

you gott admit. $10 for a full highly rated RPG Game, and 2 DLC's included is a killer deal. That works out to 3.33 for each item. Games the bulk, so its pretty much like getting a $5 game and spending $2.50 each on two DLC Packs.

Stll Much cheaper than FEAR 2, and probably better too.

I bit. Thanks for the tips on the free DLC. Especially Pinnacle Station, since I also won a copy of the football game playing the Wendy's promo.

I tried playing the 360 version, but could never get into it. I picked it up yesterday and played a little bit last night. It looks so much better on the PC and the mouse/keyboard combo feels better to me.
Thanks OP!

Back