Steam Weekend Deal: Fallout 3 for $24.99 (50% off)

Damn! Just bought my brother the Collectors Edition for his Bday. Oh well....great deal.

Posted this in PC gaming section..maybe I'll get an answer here instead

I'm slightly concerned as I know some games don't play so nice with Steam. Anyone have this on Steam with no issues playing/patching/modding/etc?

Also, is it true that a GOTY version with the first 4 add-ons included is coming out at some point? Been waiting on a cheap(er) FO3 forever and I don't want to make the wrong move.

Isn't there a complete collection due later this year with all the expansions in 1 box?

Posted this in PC gaming section..maybe I'll get an answer here instead

I'm slightly concerned as I know some games don't play so nice with Steam. Anyone have this on Steam with no issues playing/patching/modding/etc?

Also, is it true that a GOTY version with the first 4 add-ons included is coming out at some point? Been waiting on a cheap(er) FO3 forever and I don't want to make the wrong move.

I'm sure there will be a version with all the add-ons, but who knows when and for how much.

First four add-ons?? Are there already 4 or do they plan 4?

There will be a GOTY edition with all 5 DLCs in one box to be released in October.

There will be a GOTY edition with all 5 DLCs in one box to be released in October.

Nice, exactly what I wanted to know...anyone have a link confirming this?

I'd probably sooner pass on the 1/2 off current version deal to pick up the game with all DLC presumably at retail for $50. If I buy the full game for $25 and pay $10(?) each I'd end up spending more. Still have to beat STALKER:CS anyway...

I almost bit, but I think I might as well wait to see if I can get a better deal with the DLC since I have such a backlog of games I need to play already.

IMO, $25 is a good deal.
I really enjoyed Fallout 3 and I recommend it to my fellow [H]!

Are any of these worth getting?

Point Lookout for sure...more of an expansion than a DLC, lots of new exploration, great quests, a few interesting new weapons, and it actually gives you reason to return now and again.

Broken Steel ... well it's a mixed bag, as it allows for free play after the main quest is completed, which is great, but it also raises the level cap from 20 to 30, making it possible to create an invincible character in just about every way. It also adds some new enemies that are tough enough to make life as an NPC pretty hard going, though they rarely are any match for a lvl 25+ character. The trade caravans usually don't last very long after the new enemies start popping up around the wasteland.

The other two...not so much.

The Pitt has great atmosphere and a decent main quest, but, is very linear and quite short...some tense moments, but nothing really worth noting. Also, once completed, there is very little reason to ever return. There is the Ammo Press, which allows you to bring common ammo and press it into rarer types, but all in all, meh...

Operation Anchorage is purely a linear FPS/Action add-on, and FO3 doesn't do FPS very well. Offers the most unbalanced item in the game, at least IMHO, in the Chinese Stealth Armor. You also receive a set of T-51B Power Armor from completing this DLC, that is glitched, in that it has an insane level of durability...for all practical purposes it should never need to be repaired.

My 2 caps.

Last edited:
VAC system or w/e bores me to tears too much to play this game

Irony...I've been waiting for this game to drop in price to buy it or a package deal for all the DLC. I bought it this morning before I read this thread. I could definitely have waited. :(

Is this game really that good? I have obtained it but never installed. worth it?

Just don't play on hard. It isn't challenging it is pointless.

I've never played the other Fallout games, is this the kind of game where you should play the originals first?

I've never played the other Fallout games, is this the kind of game where you should play the originals first?

Nope. Everything is pretty well explained. You can always do some reading about Fallout 1 and 2 on the Fallout wiki site, if need be.

Nope. Everything is pretty well explained. You can always do some reading about Fallout 1 and 2 on the Fallout wiki site, if need be.

I don't trust wiki, it is not a very reliable source of information.

I got this game and tried to play it a couple times, but could never get into it. I'd rather go to the dentist than waste time on this again.

I just hit up youtube and watched some speed runs of 1 and 2 and the intros and endings. :p

ive seen references to a demo quest in several of the video reviews.

i cant find the actual demo anywhere, anyone have a link?

Back