Steam - Weekend Deal: Codemasters Racing Titles 75% off

FUEL is on a more open track with many routes and a "Flatout" feel to it.

Reminds me a lot of Midtown Madness (based off the demo of FUEL at least).
Checkpoint racing, go whatever path you like.. except instead of being in a city/urban environment, it's out in the middle of nowhere. ;)

i bit.

figured these games would give me a reason to dust off my logitech G25 racing wheel.
I havent used it in over a year. :(

Up till now i had zero racing games in my steam list.

Picked up GRID and FUEL, Dirt1 and the otehr one don't look all that great.

Bought the package for Dirt 2 and GRID. I always wanted to buy them but I didn't want to pay $30 for GRID and $40 for Dirt 2 so this package deal is perfect.

Go karts, go karts, go karts!
*tail wagging really, really fast*

Pulled the trigger last night. And I'm noticing that my Steam directory is creeping ever closer to filling up its partition...

Remember kids:

Happiness requires the use of a gamepad
Cuz playing with a keyboard will make you quite sad

( This theory tested at RagingSamster Laboratories)

I know some of them are, but why does it matter if they're all running from steam?

Because GFWL will run as well. I don't mind as I have the ram and cpu cycles to handle the extra app.
And honestly, GFWL is actually pretty decent these days.

DIRT 2 and FUEL are definitely GWFL games and GRID is not. Not sure about the two others in the bundle.

DIRT 2 and FUEL are definitely GWFL games and GRID is not. Not sure about the two others in the bundle.

Dirt 2 and FUEL are GFWL enabled, but the only ones. The other three escape that fate. That said, it's really not that awful anymore other than the pain in the ass setting it up initially.

Awsome deal, I went ahead and only picked up Dirt and Dirt 2 since I already have Grid.

In.... even though I really don't know why other than I always see Dirt 2 benchmarks, I figure it should be ok. :) Only game i already had in the pack was Toca 3.

You guys buying DiRT, I assume most of you have Windows 7 by now. The product page says DiRT does not support Win7...is there a workaround or fix that I'm missing? It's a fairly recent game and supposedly supports Vista; I don't see why 7 would be a problem.

I have had some issues with Dirt and Windows 7 but they are long gone now and I have no idea what happened to change it.

DiRT (1) isn't working for me under 7 x64. Does anybody have tips to get it working?

what's the problem? Without you telling us whats happening, then nobody will be able to help. If it's just a black screen at the beginning, try hitting enter or space or esc and see if it goes anywhere.

BTW, if you liked Grid, Dirt 2 is fantastic. Runs amazing on my system maxed out at 1680X1050

Yes! Thank you OP. I'm in for Dirt2. I've been running the Demo for some time now and the full game is still at 39.95 at my local Fry's...so great deal.

How big is Dirt? Its been downloading for 3x longer than any other game I've DL'd and only 60% finished and the rate isn't bad.

Steam had Grand Theft Auto - Vice City available today for $2.50, which I snagged. It's the first time I've ever played any GTA game. It seems like fun, but I need to learn and memorize the keyboard controls.

Steam had Grand Theft Auto - Vice City available today for $2.50, which I snagged. It's the first time I've ever played any GTA game. It seems like fun, but I need to learn and memorize the keyboard controls.

wrong thread.

I wonder how is the menu system and controls on those game? are they consolized?

so many awesome deals lately. damn them for enabling me to fill my steam account up with games i don't have the time to play right now.

i'm gonna have to pick this up and hook my wheel back up. assuming i can find it in all the boxes i just finished moving. boo.

since i don't have a g27 racing wheel, and i have Google searched.....

can anybody tell me if the xbox 360 racing wheel works on a pc?????

seems the internet doesn't know, i really need to unpack mine.

thanks for the info!!!!!

since i don't have a g27 racing wheel, and i have Google searched.....

can anybody tell me if the xbox 360 racing wheel works on a pc?????

seems the internet doesn't know, i really need to unpack mine.

thanks for the info!!!!!

It will. You need this.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
someone on this forum must have stole the key to the steam vault. They are practically giving games away lately.

Last edited:
what's the problem? Without you telling us whats happening, then nobody will be able to help. If it's just a black screen at the beginning, try hitting enter or space or esc and see if it goes anywhere.

Every time I'd try to run Dirt, the game would freeze and not run or I'd just get a black screen.

I deleted the game and re-downloaded. Fixed the problem for me. :confused:

Back