Steam weekend deal: Amnesia 50% off

$9.99...awesome!...I was hoping this would go on sale during Steam's Thanksgiving sale...glad I don't have to wait for their Christmas sale now

I hear a lot of good things about the game

This isn't a good game, it's a game that's so good you'll hate it and tell all your friends to get it, hoping one of them will also wets their pants.

White or red?

Is it really a decent game? I eyeball it once in awhile.

Is there a good chance the game will go on sale during Steam's Xmas sale? I want to get the game, but I can wait a couple of weeks to save a couple $.

He said New England clam chowder, which means white. Manhattan clam chowder is red. Heathen :p

I'm assuming he was referring to Ace Ventura: Pet Detective... at least that's what it reminded me of.

I want to play this, but I need to finish the Penumbra series first.

In for one more scary-ass ride. I didn't find it scary but I don't easily scare. My wife, however, will probably need to play it wearing a diaper.

so, do you have to run away/hide from every enemy?? i dont know if i can deal with being completely helpless. ruins the immersion if i cant at least pick up a world object to defend myself...?

i LOVE scary, but i just dont know about this

so, do you have to run away/hide from every enemy?? i dont know if i can deal with being completely helpless. ruins the immersion if i cant at least pick up a world object to defend myself...?

i LOVE scary, but i just dont know about this
I was skeptical at first too, but if you play it with the lights off and headphones you will get immersed. You are helpless, but there are a lot of places to hide and not that many enemies. I bought the game tonight and played for about two hours. I saw maybe 5 enemies during this time and only two attacked me. Most of the game is spent solving puzzles and figuring out who you are and what you are doing. Its one of the most enjoyable games I've played in quite a while because its very different from anything else out there. Well worth the $10.

when I was your age we didn't have scary games, we just played till someone came out of the darkness of other rooms and told you to log off, startling you so you flipped the keyboard and couldn't catch your breathe....

I really want this game I was waiting for a sale but I currently only have 2 dollars left after paying rent. oh well maybe christmas will bring more

I was skeptical at first too, but if you play it with the lights off and headphones you will get immersed. You are helpless, but there are a lot of places to hide and not that many enemies. I bought the game tonight and played for about two hours. I saw maybe 5 enemies during this time and only two attacked me. Most of the game is spent solving puzzles and figuring out who you are and what you are doing. Its one of the most enjoyable games I've played in quite a while because its very different from anything else out there. Well worth the $10.

Couldn't agree more. I'm typically not into "adventure" titles like Amnesia, but the demo won me over. Fantastic atmosphere, nice use of lighting, great voiceovers, decent graphics engine and Steamplay to boot. However it's scary as f*** and my candy-ass can only take 30 minutes at a time.

It looks like the sale is already a great success for the developer Frictional as it's sitting atop Steam's top sellers.

In for 1.

You guys should check out some of the posts in the steam forum, one has a link to a youtube vid that made me cry laughing so hard.

10 bucks seems like a killer deal for this, too bad im too much of a pansy for scary games- never made it through dooms 3 or fear lol.

Sorry could never play this because I like being able to sleep after I turn off a game. Fear was bad for me. Playing the demo of this scared the piss out of me.

soo tempted but soo scared... And I've spent to much on christmas, yea thats it, I've spent to much lately to get it!

I'm assuming he was referring to Ace Ventura: Pet Detective... at least that's what it reminded me of.

I want to play this, but I need to finish the Penumbra series first.

This is exactly where I am. I want to play this game, but trying to work through Penumbra (slowly) first.

It feels weird playing this style of game after the plethora of fps and action rpg games we've seen over the years. My first thought when I saw an enemy was "how the heck do I shoot!?"

This game is absolutely terrifying. I don't even own it, that's my experience from the demo. I couldn't even finish the demo. For $10 I'm going to grab this, thanks OP!.

when I was your age we didn't have scary games, we just played till someone came out of the darkness of other rooms and told you to log off, startling you so you flipped the keyboard and couldn't catch your breathe....

You must be talking at least pre-93 then.

PS: Who can guess the game I'm referencing just by the year?

7th Guest is my guess, or perhaps Alone in the Dark. Neither one scary, imo.

The scariest game I ever played was Clive Barker's "The Undying". That was one creepy game. :eek:

seventh guest?

no, wait, it's clearly this game.

Heh. Yes 7th Guest

7th Guest is my guess, or perhaps Alone in the Dark. Neither one scary, imo.

For their time they were. Same way something like Nosferatu isn't all that scary now, but when it first came out it was quite terrifying for audiences. 7th Guest and Alone in the Dark both really showed well done horror aspects in a game and pretty much helped kicked off the genre.

Heh. Yes 7th Guest

For their time they were. Same way something like Nosferatu isn't all that scary now, but when it first came out it was quite terrifying for audiences. 7th Guest and Alone in the Dark both really showed well done horror aspects in a game and pretty much helped kicked off the genre.

alone in the dark was awesome imo.

Played through this game, thought there were some disturbing moments, but I'm still looking for that truly frighting game. Silent HIll 1 & 2 were the last to really get me creeped out. I've played the rest of the Silent Hill series, and they just haven't irked me the same as those first two.

Maybe the magic's gone for me? :(

Back