Steam - Unreal Tournament Deals/ UT99 @$1.99

phobic

Supreme [H]ardness
Not on steam at the time of this posting but it is on PlanetUnreal, confirmed by Epic. Link here:
http://planetunreal.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=160085

UT3 will be free to play this weekend starting tomorrow (17 Sept @ 8 PM GMT /4 PM EST-- preload up now). The game will also be discounted 60%. Unreal Deal Pack will also be reduced 60% which contains:

-Unreal Gold
-Unreal 2
-Unreal Tournament: GOTY Edition **
-UT 2004: Editors Choice Edition
-UT3: Black

Also the original UT will be on sale for $1.99. Again this deal starts tomorrow (17 Sept) and continues until 27 Sept.

Last edited:
Good to know, thanks phobic. It's a shame UT3 isn't too popular, I've really enjoyed the bits and pieces of it I've played on the free weekends ...

I was in high school when this came out! My PC could play Doom games but it can't play QII and Unreal so I had to go to a lan cafe to play there (with bots, lol). OH THE MEMORIES! I think I still have the PC Gamer magazine when Unreal first came out.

I was actually playing UT99 the moment the attacks started on Sept 11. One of the guys I was playing with said something about a plane and told me to turn on the TV.

I can't forget UT99 even if I wanted to... which is nice because it was/is a kick ass game.

I may buy into it, I had the game the day it came out.

Years ago I had some weird brand CDROM drive, and it SHATTERED my UT disc.

Would be nice to get back into playing it again. And for 1.99, I may just bite.

I miss me some good old fashioned Instagib

The original UT has to be one of the best games I have ever played.

$2 for the best online FPS ever made. It would be criminal not to take advantage of this deal for anyone who doesn't already own this.

Goddamn. I was so pissed when I bought UT2003 and then next thing y'know, my friend was waving 2004 around.

/Twerd, I remember the day my [nerd] fraternity switched from Quake2 to UT. It was all about the headshot....

I am so getting this - just for the convenience of not having to find the disk all the time

Also, there is a GREAT old mod for this game called "Infiltration" a free realism mod that brought the term "Iron sights" to the platform lol their website is still up. If you want the original realism shooter this would be it

http://infiltration.sentrystudios.net/

i

I still play UT, I love this game. I remember back in 1999 when I saw the first public beta demo - I was hooked since then.

I still play UT, I love this game. I remember back in 1999 when I saw the first public beta demo - I was hooked since then.

Pretty similar story here. I first played UT when I was playing on my friends Pentium 2 400 MHZ TNT2 (I think) I noticed a PC Gamer disc laying around (boy did I love those old magazines back then) and popped it in and noticed the UT Demo, at the time I knew about the press on Unreal but I never played it so I figured I'd give UT a shot.

I loaded up DM-Phobos and immediately was blown away by that level alone, coming from someone who was used to Doom/Quake seeing such an epic level (the colors and scope of it and many other maps is still excellent to this day) combined with weapons that had dual functionality I was hooked, not to mention the incredible sound track UT99 has.

From that day I was hooked to Unreal/UT99 and when I tried Quake3 it felt like rehashed trash and I could never get into it. It is funny how UT3's UI is so terrible when compared to UT99's I mean it's better now apparently due to the Titan patch but boy UT99's still feels like a Cadillac to this day.

Zero Ping Instagib for life!

I'm looking at a cheap ultra-portable netbook or laptop. It would be for taking on trips to connect to the intertubes but to also kill time. Would UT99 run on a netbook?

Not on steam at the time of this posting but it is on PlanetUnreal, confirmed by Epic. Link here:
http://planetunreal.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=160085

UT3 will be free to play this weekend starting tomorrow (17 Sept @ 8 PM GMT /4 PM EST-- preload up now). The game will also be discounted 60%. Unreal Deal Pack will also be reduced 60% which contains:

-Unreal Gold
-Unreal 2
-Unreal Tournament: GOTY Edition **
-UT 2004: Editors Choice Edition
-UT3: Black

Also the original UT will be on sale for $1.99. Again this deal starts tomorrow (17 Sept) and continues until 27 Sept.

Wait a min, how the fuck does this work? If it's on steam it means that they don't actually have physical copies that take up space. How come all games can't be $1.99? Why do they charge $50 for GTA?

Wait a min, how the fuck does this work? If it's on steam it means that they don't actually have physical copies that take up space. How come all games can't be $1.99? Why do they charge $50 for GTA?

Uhh... I can't tell if this post is serious or not so I'm gonna go with you're not being serious. :confused:

yes it will play on a netbook smoothly...59.99 fps all the time on my mini 10
it suprises me how may people still play this online....i now see how my reaction times have slowed in the last 10 years
I hate getting old

UT99 was my first FPS and I was addicted from day 1. Played the entire series almost exclusively until L4D came out last year. May be time to dust off the old instagibber.

i remember bringing this into work and installing it on all 5 department computers that were networked. Some guys had never played any decent fps at the time. It was all good til someone told another person outside the department needing help, "wait til I die.'
we then had to uninstall it.
Good times good times

Goddamn. I was so pissed when I bought UT2003 and then next thing y'know, my friend was waving 2004 around.

There is no such thing as UT2003. It never happened, and it doesn't exist. This message will self-destruct in...

There is no such thing as UT2003. It never happened, and it doesn't exist. This message will self-destruct in...

I honestly thought UT 2003 was the best of the series....

the gameplay was so fast and pure... it was almost as good as quake 3 in terms of skill separation ..... one of the best deathmatchers ever made...

I thought it was exactly the same as UT2K4 except that it lacked Onslaught mode. Too long ago to really remember.

I spent good money on a Voodoo 3 just to play UT. It was one of the best purchases I ever made from one of the best games of all time.

I thought it was exactly the same as UT2K4 except that it lacked Onslaught mode. Too long ago to really remember.

the movement was faster, and the jumping was higher...

was more more quake-like... and I for one, enjoyed it enormously because of it...

Oh god I miss playing instagib marathons at LANs. I miss the crazy large room maps, the awesome pings, and most importantly the over the top chaos of it all.

i remember ut2k3 and i liked it better then ut2k4 they took out assault mode or something, my favorite style.

I picked up UT99 for $2. I have the discs somewhere, but now I don't have to dig them out when I get the UT99 urge. Very cool. Seems to play just fine on Win 7 64 bit RTM.

Ugh, tried UT3... no way I'm going to buy that. Already own UT2k4 and Unreal 2, I guess it would be worth getting UT and the original unreal.

I spent good money on a Voodoo 3 just to play UT. It was one of the best purchases I ever made from one of the best games of all time.
$100 StealthIII S540 32MB from Fry's. Might've even been using Glide back then - can't recall.

I still hear MMMMMonsterkill in my dreams. I love UT99. I used to piss off Zarks (auto sniper rifle) players with just the goo gun. I would laugh so hard when I played. Must resist download. UT99 was harded to quit than cigs for me.

Back