Steam.tv Is Live and Streaming DOTA 2 The International 2018

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Valve is streaming DOTA 2 The International 2018 on Steam.tv. You can invite friends to Steam Chat groups to chat with them and watch the show together. It seems to announce to friends that you are watching the live game stream. It seamlessly allows you to skip to any point in the live-stream. Nice to see Valve taking Discord and Twitch seriously.

If a annoying ass kid name Ninja makes 350,000 a month from live game streams, Its a big thing. Steam wants a piece of that multi-BILLION dollar pie.

Dota is so terrible to watch.

Also terrible to play.

Oh wait. It's just watching myself play that is so terrible.

Now I just play with bots cuz my real person team mates always hated me so much.

I love DOTA. Ridiculously high skill cap, punishing gameplay (even small mistakes cost you big) limitless replay value, and it will run smoothly on my lowly 1060 probably forever.

I'm glad to see Valve stepping into streaming and hopefully improving their major events production values, and I'm interested to see how they compete with the free games Twitch offers to logged in Prime members. Hopefully they start doing the same thing but offering higher quality titles.

Could they enable 144 FPS streaming? Or something far beyond 60?

I can't keep up with DOTA but check in every August and love the cosmetic items. Magnus' Cruelties of the Spiral Bore is incredible.

I love DOTA. Ridiculously high skill cap, punishing gameplay (even small mistakes cost you big) limitless replay value, and it will run smoothly on my lowly 1060 probably forever.

This is why I enjoy it. Plus, it's free (which is the biggest thing). Yes, it sucks that the smallest mistake can ruin an entire game (especially when you are the one making it). But that's what makes it exciting. You just need to see the Universe's "6 million dollar echo slam" or s4's "million dollar dream coil" (not sure the actual $ amount on that one).

Back