Steam Top 100 Best Sellers of 2016

I'm really surprised that Age of Empires II is still on the list. Even the HD micro-update is about 4 years old.
(I'm also really surprised that I'm still playing it)

No what's really amazing is that DotA and Team Fortress are so high being that they are FTP. Just goes to show that if it's a truly great game, people will pay you for it even if it's free.

This is the first time in a long time I have not take advantage of the Christmas sales with steam. Nothing really hit my fancy enough to make me purchase. I have a back log of games like always but I always find something to add, not this year.

Rocket league... it's platinum, never sold for more than like $20 and is often on sale, released in 2015, and it's lined up with GTAV, Civ 6, Fallout 4, etc on 2016's highest grossing list. The guy who made that game must be rolling in the dough....

Pretty good list, some of the games which I picked up over the year when they went on sale. I'd also like to see how the top 100 match up with their Steam ratings.

No what's really amazing is that DotA and Team Fortress are so high being that they are FTP. Just goes to show that if it's a truly great game, people will pay you for it even if it's free.

While TF2 is part of the orange box, dota is not. Am I missing something?

I thought people pay for the privilege of being of possession of in-game junk.

The fact that No Man's Sky is in the top 12 just goes to show how pervasive and dangerous pre-order culture is.

Back