Steam: The Ball

I think it will easily be frustrating if the ball doesn't do what you intended for it to do, also equally frustrating if the UI sucks. Better wait for a demo and/or reviews by decent sources before forking out cash for this.

I envision a lot of cussing and screaming when things get hectic in that game. I may give it a chance when it hits $4.99.

I've played the demo.

If you like Portal then you will like it, if you don't then you will not.

Not sure if it changed, but the demo didn't support Eyefinity resolutions.

I hear this game was a mod that came second place in the Unreal contest that Red Orchestra won. Nice to see the two teams working together on this now, Tripwire is really bringing love to the mod community :)

It looks like HL2 gravity gun with a giant ball.

Yeah, that's what I thought - reminds me of playing through half-life2 with only gravity gun - I assumed it was Source engine 'till I saw it's UE3. Now I'm thinking it reminds me a little of robo-blitz.

I'll probably wait on some more reviews, and hopefully can pick it up cheaper in steam xmas sales.

I hear this game was a mod that came second place in the Unreal contest that Red Orchestra won. Nice to see the two teams working together on this now, Tripwire is really bringing love to the mod community :)

admittedly that'll be my primary reason to buy it. While the AAA publishers are using cookiecutter developers pumping out games like a factory Tripwire and Valve consistently reach out to the mod community which is actually made up of gamers for Ideas input and employment.

admittedly that'll be my primary reason to buy it. While the AAA publishers are using cookiecutter developers pumping out games like a factory Tripwire and Valve consistently reach out to the mod community which is actually made up of gamers for Ideas input and employment.

The game is made by tripwire like you said, who actually put out Killing floor. Which is an excellent game. I believe they use the unreal engine

I think it will easily be frustrating if the ball doesn't do what you intended for it to do, also equally frustrating if the UI sucks. Better wait for a demo and/or reviews by decent sources before forking out cash for this.

Since it looks to be a physics-based game featuring an inanimate ball the only way I can see the ball not doing what you want is if you fail to properly manipulate it in the intended way.

if it is good, i'll pay the extra 2 bucks. but I am in no rush here. Actually no current game is calling out to me. Just might have to wait and see what santa brings in the steam basket.

Back