Steam Summer Sales 2011 - unofficial Thread

Didn't I read someplace that Mount and Blade: Warband includes Mount and Blade? So I would just need to buy Warband?

In for Doom, also.

Didn't I read someplace that Mount and Blade: Warband includes Mount and Blade? So I would just need to buy Warband?

In for Doom, also.

Well Mount and Blade Warband is a much improved version of Mount and Blade in all aspects. You still will want to pick up with Fire and Sword if you wish to play a Mount and Blade with rifles though.

One of the better sales day for me so far. In for both FO:NV DLC and Garry's Mod ($2.49 on sale). Still debating on whether to purchase Frozen Synapse. Reminds me of the Rainbow Six tactical planning phase.

Doom 3 is simply not worth 7.50. Not now, maybe 3 dollars but meh. There is nothing in todays deals worth a damn.

Well I bit on Singularity and the Frozen Bites collection since both looked like really good games. Well spend 25$ total this Steam sale. Got only about 50$ more so I have to be picky. Still waiting for a Mass Effect deal.

Edit: I do think today was overall the best sale day. If I hadn't already had Serious Sam II, Fallout New Vegas and all 3 Mount and Blades I might have bought those as well. Right now I'm too busy with Oblivion and Fallout 3 mods to worry about Vegas for the moment. Skyrim is only 4 months away now so it will be here probably before I have time to finish half the stuff I'm working on.

I'm up to a 107 games now. The steam interface is pure genius. It's like pokemon valve edition and I play using only my credit card. 0_o

I'm up to a 107 games now. The steam interface is pure genius. It's like pokemon valve edition and I play using only my credit card. 0_o

How many of those 107 have you played or even beaten? I have 60 and have only beaten 15 and played another 15 or so lol

so which is better Tropica 3 or anno dawn of discovery?
I've been playing Tropico 3 with the Absolute Power expansion, I like it alot... it may replace Simcity 4 as the city-builder of choice on my hard drive, unless the upcoming Tropico 4 is really spanking.

And yup ^^ Steam is the devil, pushing digital crack into your homes. Fight temptation! At least until tomorrow's sales. :)

How many of those 107 have you played or even beaten? I have 60 and have only beaten 15 and played another 15 or so lol

Pfff noob! Steam is not about playing games, is about buying games and NEVER playing them ;D

My ratio isn't much better. I have 177 games and have beaten (or close to completed for the games with no ending like Flight Control) about 20 games. Only about 50 of them have I played more than an hour. And more than half of the games I have yet to install (most of these came from gigantic packs).

Hmmm, really tempted by Fallout NV. But with the shitty regional pricing even with 70% off it still ends up $27 for NV + $4 each for the DLC. Maybe I'll just wait for a GOTY pack that includes all DLC.

Hmmm, really tempted by Fallout NV. But with the shitty regional pricing even with 70% off it still ends up $27 for NV + $4 each for the DLC. Maybe I'll just wait for a GOTY pack that includes all DLC.

Could always have someone in the US gift it, and PayPal the money or whatever.

so which is better Tropica 3 or anno dawn of discovery?

Depends. They're different types of city builders. Both revolve around appeasing people, but Tropico feels more like you're managing a city of Sims, since people get upset for the smallest things. If your people are educated (for insance), they'll complain more. I'd say it's much more realistic.

The Anno series is more about ensuring your people have what they need through trading and production. It feels like you're moreso managing an empire; but with a focus on details (numbers). As long as you ensure your people have what they need to progress/maintain their lives, they'll remain happy.

There's demos for both. Personally, I enjoy both series.

Yep, I still think it's to much. I'm not a cheap ass at all but it's too much imo. Just like Homefront for 25? Pfft pass :D

I thought Doom 3 was pretty good, but I understand some folks detested it. It's understandble.

I would never buy Homefront. Heard it was too short.

My god Defense Grid is addicting as hell! Never played this genre before....and man was that my loss!

Anyone else name a few more games like this?

My god Defense Grid is addicting as hell! Never played this genre before....and man was that my loss!

Anyone else name a few more games like this?

I hear that, this game came out 2 years ago, and I am real fuckin surprised I never picked it up

a huge loss for me as well :p

I'm glad I got it this steam sales, it's an EXCELLENT game.

Well that's kind of a hard question. A lot of my steam games I have already played on my ps3 / 360. When I see a game I like hit it's impulse buy me now sweet spot I can't help myself. So to answer your question, not many, but just knowing that I could at any time is enough for me. I keep all 107 installed(503gigs!) and up to date. Honestly I've spent more time admiring my collection than playing most of it. Like I said it's pokemon valve edition for me. Gotta catch um all yo. :D

Well that's kind of a hard question. A lot of my steam games I have already played on my ps3 / 360. When I see a game I like hit it's impulse buy me now sweet spot I can't help myself. So to answer your question, not many, but just knowing that I could at any time is enough for me. I keep all 107 installed(503gigs!) and up to date. Honestly I've spent more time admiring my collection than playing most of it. Like I said it's pokemon valve edition for me. Gotta catch um all yo. :D

lol well my plan is to usually only buy during the major sale in the Summer and possibly the winter if it's an incredible deal and play those through the year but the family slows that down a bit ;)

I crumbled and have now spend $5 in the sales :eek: to complete a set of games. Still haven't seen many compelling daily deals :(

any opinions on alpha protocol? @ $5 I'm pretty tempted.`

I personally liked Alpha Protocol. At $5 it's a steal. It is a bit rough around the edges, but hey, it's an Obsidian game.

I picked up Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword yesterday. Are there any graphics mods available for it?

is there any dawn of discovery like games out there? its not on steam except for the previous one.

I also have now spent 5.98 EUR in New Vegas DLC's. 9 € of budget left for the rest of the sale.

Wow I justed looked my accout up - 205 games $3403.96 retail value...omg lol.

These Steam sales just ruin me. I've spent about $100 so far and picked up over 20 games.

Wow I justed looked my accout up - 205 games $3403.96 retail value...omg lol.

These Steam sales just ruin me. I've spent about $100 so far and picked up over 20 games.

But you probably bought most of the games on sale so that number is pretty much invalid. Most likely closer to 1500.

Oh yes thats the retail value it lists not what I actually paid. I expect it is under $1000 easily even though I have bought some real stinkers at full price.

I crumbled and have now spend $5 in the sales :eek: to complete a set of games. Still haven't seen many compelling daily deals :(

I've spent about 60x that. I guess coming from a mac, and building a gaming pc recently, I missed out on quite a few games. But I sure am making up for it now! My steam library has grown by 110 titles in the past 5 days...

Wanna know how good Defense Grid is? I put 7 hours into it over the course of yesterday and today. Probably the best game purchase I have made this year.

10h54y9.jpg

I have about 90 hours in that game, got it for $2.49 on one of the sales a while ago. :D

Great purchase. And you can get the DLC for free through the ticket system during the sale.

EDIT: Frozen Synapse is also still on sale today until 1 EST, it's a GREAT TBS/strategy game, we already have a thread about it HERE.

Last edited:
Crap sale so far.

The two games I'm after are not good deals

Portal 2 way too expensive, it can be picked up for 12.99 rather than 20 odd pounds on Steam

The Witcher 2 is more expensive on Steam than retail, I'll wait till the Xmas sales

Last edited:
Back