Steam Summer Sales 2011 - unofficial Thread

Gosh...I spend less than a $100 a year at Steam. More like $50-75 really. I don't feel so bad reading some of these posts. I try to buy only what I know I'm going to play. Uh...still haven't played Just Cause 2 yet though.

I'd really like to pick up Witcher 2 for sure at some point this year, not entirely sure yet, but I do wanna play through this game.

I'm only going to be buying games $5 or less this year. Hope I can reel em all in! Lol. Hoping Just Cause 2 hits $2.50!

I'm only going to be buying games $5 or less this year.

my limit is $7.5

I will care less if they cost so little and I never get around to play them. My backlog is about 10 or 15 games or so and I'm not going to buy a ton because those are already two years worth or more. What is up with you guys that over 100 or over? :p

my limit is $7.5

I will care less if they cost so little and I never get around to play them. My backlog is about 10 or 15 games or so and I'm not going to buy a ton because those are already two years worth or more. What is up with you guys that over 100 or over? :p

impulse :( steam is like pokemon you just have to have them all! :D

I'm just waiting for them to finally put Wolfenstein on sale! This freaking game has been $40 forever. It's gotta be the only game on Steam that's never been put on one of their big sales. Sometimes I think I should just break down and buy it for $40 but after waiting so long its now more a matter or pride....and stubbornness.

It's an Activision game, you'll probably have to wait another year or two before it even drops to $30, never mind when it goes on a Steam sale.

lord i love steam but at the same time i truly hate it haha, keep buy dam games when there on sale, i have so many games now that i still need to play its not even funny, and now ive been buying games from gog.com when they go on sale

lol

hard to have self control when it comes to steam and gog.com

Damn I really wanna get Witcher 2 now on Steam. Will be checking back on this thread for sure

Not to derail the steam sale thread because I am also waiting for it impatiently, but I would recommend getting the witcher 2 from GOG instead of steam.

didn't Witcher 2 only recently come out?...I highly doubt there's going to be any Steam sales on it until the holiday season...Steam never has big discounts on new games

Woot! I spent $545 Last year and have 94 Steam games! Cant wait to add more to that list. hoping for...

Dragon Age I & II
And thats about it. but ill end up buying at least 15 games because the deals will be so good and theyll look good.

Don't y'all realize it's summer outside?

Where do you get the time to play so many games?

100 degree temps with humidity in Alabama says its too damn hot to go outside. Now bring on the freaking sale.

I'm a pasty irish guy, the sun scares me. It strangely feels like an oven outside. Nobody will go mountain biking with me when it is 105* F.

It is raining nonstop here causing trees to uproot and topple over. I'm definitely staying inside.

I'm a pasty irish guy, the sun scares me. It strangely feels like an oven outside. Nobody will go mountain biking with me when it is 105* F.

Also a pasty Irish guy, but i guess we dont have to worry about the sun much anyway :(

Looks like Friday June 30 to July 22 from the killing floor promo and everything I read on steam forums

12 month noob...
Buy now ask questions later!

back·log (bklg, -lôg)
n.
1. A reserve supply or source.
2. An accumulation, especially of unfinished work or unfilled orders.
3. A large log at the back of a fire in a fireplace.

I've been outside more this summer than in several years previously, but I still hate being outside most of the time in the GA summer heat. Trust me, I got plenty of time to game!

Now bring on the sales already!! :D (any more official word yet on when they're starting?)

I did some googling and found some posts in the steam forum that mentioned the sale would probably start on June 30.

Dear Steam PR:

Please put Magicka the complete pack on sale for $7.

Thank you.

got about $80 ready to go fosr the sales...... lets see what we get.

woot! time to rob local children to pay for my fix

anyone notice all this heresay reminds me of the doomsday predictions."its gonna be on X date" then when its not,everyone gets disappointed

Ill have to work all summer for the games that i buy during this sale... Im checking steam everyday at 10am sharp, i cant wait

FYI, June 30th is tomorrow (thursday, not friday), but I'm still confused as to whether the sale starts tomorrow or friday.

woot! time to rob local children to pay for my fix

anyone notice all this heresay reminds me of the doomsday predictions."its gonna be on X date" then when its not,everyone gets disappointed

Except when it comes to Steam sales, it's usually predictable.

Back